Leonardo Bonucci Thread

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Seriously, wtf was he doing there? :lol:

Wtf was Musacchio doing there as well, totally ball watching and leaving Bonucci exposed. Wtf was the entire team doing for about a 25 minute spell.....total mental collapse is what happened I think

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
This was the most obvious but very emblematic of his performances so far and the reason why I said what I did in the match thread.

This isnt about gelling or rust etc etc - If you are brought here to lead and change culture, then you cant just talk a nice game in pre and post match interviews and shout like hell pre-game....if all you are going to do is walk around on the pitch, be out of position most times and give minimal effort.

Needs to step up big time and lead in all aspects.

Agree 100%. He is the captian, he is the joint highest paid player in the league, he is has the experience and has been playing at the highest level with top players for many years. He has been brought on to give the team leadership and an edge.

I still think he is the best person for the job and there is still time.

:thumbsup: tbh I don't care about the talk before and after the game. What showing on the field is what that counts. He himself is below average in every game he played. I've yet to see his leadership and organizing defense ability that many people talked about. He should be criticized as much as the likes of Borini or Monty but somehow he got a free pass.

We need to switch to a 3 man back line, otherwise this purchase will be a big waste.

Can we stop with this "he can only play with 3-man back line" non-sense? Ladri played half of their season with 4-man back line, many of which are important matches in Serie A and CL

I think the only game they played with 4 at back, was the final. And we all know how it ended.

They play 3-man back line in the final (Barzagli, Bonu & Chiellini) with Alves and Alex Sandro on the wings. They played 2 matches against Barca with the back 4

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Bonucci needs to step up his games. So far his performance is only at Paletta/Zapata level :fp:

Z2Hio5F.gif

:lol: sticking his ass out as offering for immobile.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Bonucci needs to step up his games. So far his performance is only at Paletta/Zapata level :fp:

Z2Hio5F.gif

Imagine if Calabria would have done that

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Z2Hio5F.gif

That was truly shocking. And it was immobile of all people

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How could he when he was too busy being tied up like a Christmas present by Jordan lukaku?

Lukaku played less than 30 min that game

anyway that's not my point

Mark18

Primavera
Reaction score
tbh his defensive work never impress me, zapata better than him.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
More games he played the more i think he's a fraud.

Prove me wrong Captain!

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He's not a fraud, he's just not a good defender. He's never been known for his defensive skills so I don't get why people are suprised. At Juve he was used for his passing skills and being there to clear balls from crosses.

Put him 1 on 1 in any attacker and he won't be able to stop them as he's never been good at that. At Juve it was Chiellini that would do the actual defending and take of oppositions big men.

This is why Mussachio needs to take care of most if the defending as he's much better than both Bonucci and Romagnoli. He plays smart and knows how to defend.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
hes usually better than that but yea hes never been great at defending 1vs1s

his passes and grinta are worldclass tho

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
At Juve was he being praised for WC defending, build up play/passing, or both?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
How is he a world class CB if he isnt even good at defending?

The more I seem him play the more I think he is only worth the price we paid for him (or even less)

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva
At Juve was he being praised for WC defending, build up play/passing, or both?

He was hailed as a complete WC defender.

Disappointed to see his below-par performances so far, but I am confident he will recover.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
best defender in the league :o
tumblr_owfn1d0H6q1vc463yo1_1280.png

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
He's been average when defending but he and Musacchio have been massive in terms of how we control the game. He really hasn't done anything to wow about in a defeding sense though. Hopefully he picks it up soon, still love the signing and was very unlucky not to score too.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
From what he has displayed so far he isnt world class at anything :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure his passing will get better as he settles in and the fact that we have at least three persons from deep that can play long balls is great. He has been absolutely dreadful at defending though (reading, physicality, organizing) so hopefully he can improve because right now he gives no comfort and he is in the heart of the defense.

If Thiago Silva was still our Thiago Silva I woulvde preferred having him back but sadly he isnt the same player.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he made these kind of errors in his first years for Ladri as well

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Hopefully this is the start - very accomplished today making good reads and looking composed.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Top performance capitano

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That goal-line clearance today is what stars are made of. Great presence throughout. He's well and truly here now.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good game, defended more with his brain than with his muscles and showed good anticipation. Suits him much more

Schedule