Week 7: Genoa - Milan 05/10/19 20:45 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
You're no fun :head:

giphy.gif

You are, tho. Laughed loud and sincerely at that pied piper MR post.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Giampaolos 4D underwater chess system.

giphy.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Yes, I want to see Paqueta back too!

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Insanity is doing the exact same thing over, over and over again expecting shit to change.

Bench Suso and Hakan. What the hell is wrong with Giampaolo? Paqueta and Rebic in.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hope he doesn't do a Rodrigo Ely. It all goes dark for him, if so.

Ely was basically a primavera player. At least we bought Duarte for 10m :lol:

I think he will do very well.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Insanity is doing the exact same thing over, over and over again expecting shit to change.

Bench Suso and Hakan. What the hell is wrong with Giampaolo? Paqueta and Rebic in.

Spot on!

Any news about Caldara?
Do you think he will partner capitano before Christmas?

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Spot on!

Any news about Caldara?
Do you think he will partner capitano before Christmas?

Tutt0sport recently reported he would be back in the middle of this month. Transfermarkt has November 24th as a return date.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Quite widely varying reports on the starting line-up as usual.

Biglia seems likely to start, but then Bennacer will go to the bench rather than another midfield position. Piatek could well be dropped and RR could replace Theo.

Less chance that Hakan or Kessie will be dropped and of course zero chance that Suso will be on the bench. :proud:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the one think we can expect from Giampaolo is unexpected team selections. I would take all these probable formations with a grain of salt.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the one think we can expect from Giampaolo is unexpected team selections. I would take all these probable formations with a grain of salt.

He is hilariously secretive about his lineups in press conferences.
Won't rule out literally anything.
He even tried to make it look like Suso might not start next game - that was several games ago.

Whoever said he works a lot, but badly, was spot on.
He's like the anti-Allegri.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Was it Montella that tried like 10 different formations and line-ups during the first half of the season?

GP's team has no idea what to do on the pitch but he keeps shuffling players and formations.

If he beats Genoa with this approach, I will be seriously impressed.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Press conference, GP dealt some tough questions:

LIVE MN - Giampaolo: "We cannot renounce Piatek. Biglia holder? Could it ..."
04.10.2019 13:41 by Enrico Ferrazzi

Will Biglia's experience be useful tomorrow?

"Could be...".

What does it feel like to say to the fans?

"I don't discuss the dispute, it's just what they did. The team is not doing what it should. We need a high level of attention, as well as the lucidity of playing football well."

Have you ever thought about bringing the team into retreat?

"Sometimes it can be useful, sometimes it is not. I am quite against it."

Where did the master Giampaolo go?

"I am used to suffering from football talk. I continue to work and I have to deny the critics through work. The affiliation with the team is fundamental. I will continue to do the things I have always done that led me to be here".

Why is there no improvement in the shots on goal?

"We have to improve the last 20 meters, we need to fill the area more. We have to work and insist on this."

Tomorrow does Piatek play?

"Milan cannot give up their most prolific striker. If he does not make the goals, who makes them? He can also stay out two or three matches in a league, but we cannot give up our top scorer. Important men must stay in trench".

Why do you see missing in the game?

"We are missing the last 20 meters, they must be put in place".

What is the reason for the Milan crisis?

"Nobody expected this situation. Unfortunately things went well, we probably did something wrong, now we have to get out of this negative moment".

How come you are finding all these difficulties?

"As the ball we are second only to Napoli, while as territorial supremacy we are the first. We lack the detail and the last twenty meters to realize what we create. The detail is missing, the last piece is missing to reap the fruits of the work we do "This team has values. A result manages to make you turn around because it nullifies the weight of previous defeats. The psychological aspect is fundamental. If you are not feeling well mentally, you also struggle physically."

Do you feel the team by your side?

"The players must give their lives for the shirt, not for me. I was shown enthusiasm for working methods, even privately. The team believed and believed in my ideas. We must be strong in defeats, we must suffer and be attentive to details ".

What did Reina mean by his words?

"He calls his companions together to say that certain requisites are needed. In difficulties, the human being raises the level of attention. I do not take anything for granted even on a garage. This makes the difference."

Has Milan been overrated?

"After four defeats in six games it is normal that it is all black. Even in this case we must have balance, I do not think it is time to make definitive judgments. I know that the team has a lot of room for improvement, especially from the mental point of view. learning to do certain things in a certain way ".

Do you feel the weight of tomorrow's game for your future?

"We must not think about the ego, but about us. Tomorrow is important for Milan. Individual interests do not count for anything".

How was this week?

"The defeats affect the morale of the players. Who thinks they don't care about it. We have analyzed our mistakes, we have compared ourselves. We have implemented all those strategies to overcome the difficult moment. What we said remains between us."

How do you explain the different performance against Torino and the one against Fiorentina?

"It is not easy, only two days had passed. We were obliged to win, perhaps we had not recovered well. There can be different reasons. We work for not having certain setbacks. For me, balance is important".

Does Genoa revoke positive memories?

"It was another reality. They were winning derbies, I was lucky."

What do you think of Reina's words?

"He has international experience, he knows what to say and convey the messages. He is a leader of the locker room, he is a player listened to by his companions".

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why doesnt anyone dare to ask why he's a fucktard when it comes to team selection and why Suso and Hakan still gets to start after pretty obvious horrible perfomances

That'd be my first and only question

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Hope to see Krunic over Kessie in this match.

Krunic is one of GP's disciples from his Empoli tenure, yet we never get to see him. It is strange, considering he is the midfielder who suits our style of play the most. If we sack GP, this will obviously change.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Why doesnt anyone dare to ask why he's a fucktard when it comes to team selection and why Suso and Hakan still gets to start after pretty obvious horrible perfomances

That'd be my first and only question

Coz they are all payed to ask what needs to be asked...cowards.

Benna plays a bad game, lets bench him. Hakan and Suso play bas season, lets praise them publicly... ok...

Where did AC fucking MILAN dissapear???

Last edited:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That saying is outdated/incorrect like most of them. Imagine doing(training) one exact same thing over and over and not changing/improving. That's insanity :D
"Word harder, not smarter."

~ Marco Giampaolo

:lol:

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Genoa (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Calabria, Duarte, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Biglia, Paquetá; Suso, Piatek, Leao [
@PeppeDiSte
via
@themilanclub

Or

Probable lineup vs. Genoa (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Calabria, Duarte, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessiè, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Leao [
@DiMarzio]

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Di marzios one

Edit: i mean the first one of course

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso starting means nothing changes.
Suso can dribble defenders but there is not change of pace so we are too slow and predictable. I hope the 3 points but to be sure we need a superior performance.