Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i picked them to go to conference finals LMAO i need them to win... as gay as they are :lol:

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Let's just hope parker will be busy being gay for the game 3. I really want clips to win, I m probably the only one in the universe.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Duncan and Pop doing them hard.

Parker totally worthless, yet we take home court. If he get 50 % more healthy, then that would be a fun team to watch.

Must say Pop's poker face is probably the scariest thing in the whole NBA. He just knows how to fuck up everyone, no matter how great they're feeling about themselves.

And Clips have another thing coming if they think they can win at AT&T Center. You need to be almost perfect.

Timmy at this point is just making a clown out of the rest of the league. Dude stays winning.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I feel confident saying Blake and DJ will retire before Duncan.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephen Curry damn so clutch. Only Pels could play like monsters for 3 quarters and do the biggest choke job in the 4th.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
No words...

dude was fouled too

CDVN--wUkAErMKS.jpg:large

CDVXyyCVIAIAcmq.jpg:large

no need to see

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kwahi doin them hard. Don't attempt what Spurs did in game 3, you'll have to carry the weight of being a registered sex offender fir the rest of your life.

You win DPOY, and follow it by a career high scoring game by posting 30+, don't even know what to call that.

Even ESPN puts up his face instead of Timmy as the main guy. The transition is complete.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
assuming spurs dont get worse injuries. Hard to see them not winning it all..

Also:

Btw... i hate nba refs. Scott foster specifically is a douche. He said if curry missed the 3 he would have called a foul.

NBA officially ruled it was a foul regardless. He was mauled.

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Flippers bounce back. Good game. Dirty plays by Kelly and JR Smith. Hope that Love will be ok. Mavs win one, poor mavs I'm glad that they won at least one.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
nets to beat hawks. you heard it here first:D

cough

Vintage DWill tonight:proud: they are still getting outrebounded, but the defensive rotations are as good as they can get against a team like Atlanta and people know their job on offense. It helps when you have the best offensive center in the league in Lopez too.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Rajon Rondo=Balotelli:eek:

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Good effort by Clippers, their problem is they just don't have a top 5 all time player and we do.

I love Kwahi and he's the sole reason we're back at this level, but till Timmy retires it's his team.

Dsav

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The flippers flipped. DJ.................good hustle but no brain.

Hope the Spurs take advantage and finish the series in the next game.

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Looks like spurs in 6 like the whole fucking world was telling me. Fuck. And I wouldn't listen. Fucking flippers, been watching them for the whole season and they just can't get it done when game is on the line. Fucking gay spurs... I can see them winning hard series after hard series in the west now. And then raping loveless cavs in the finals. I think cavs will win that lame east even without love.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Clips - SAS series should of been already over. Clipers should win every game apart the blowout and they are 3-2 behind :lol: :lol:

DJ ... I said this before, just low bball iq

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
My toughts about Love's injury, would really like to hear how you guys look at it.

Kelly Olynyk pulled an arm bar on love with the intention to cause him pain and to provoke him. The result of it was Love's dislocated shoulder. Olynyk was frustrated coz he was on the losing end of boxing out battle, saw the opportunitiy to "get even" and, because he lost his temper, started pulling Love's arm in an opposite direction. He had both hands locked on his forearm and obviously knew that it will hurt love if he starts pulling in opposite direction so he did it coz he lost his temper, for one brief moment. He obviously could feel that Love's hand is in unnatural position and you can see that evil grim on his face while he was doing it. He knew that it will hurt love, lost his temper for a moment and he hurt him intentionally. One can argue that he had no intention to dislocate his shoulder but that is another matter, it is a philosophical question. J. R. Smith can say the same than, he can say that he didnt want to knock Crowder out, that he just wanted to slap him a bit, cause minor pain in order to provoke him.
Shame on Olynyk when he said that those kind of tangle ups happen all the time. Love had Olynyk's hand grappled a moment before the incident occured and those kind of tangle ups do happen all the time in NBA, indeed. What Kelly did was an arm bar tough. Bush league play. Same happened when Tyson bit Hollyfield's ear. He was frustrated, couldn't do anything fairly, he lost his temper when Hollyfield's ear was in front of his teeth and reacted. It just looks more savage like but it's the same. If given a choice, I would rather have someone punch me in the face instead of poping my shoulder out of its socket.
In the end, I do belive that Olynyk had no intention to dislocate Love's shoulder and injure him on a long term. These things have always happened and will continue to happen when guys compete and it is this important. It is natural to get frustrated and lose temper. You have to admit what really happened, tough. The league just has to review the plays and react swiftly and justly, like it has done so far. It sends the message to players that they are being watched and that there s no way that they could get away with stuff like that. Both punishments were short so that this game could have as little as possible effect on the remaining cavs games. It will help to forget this ugly game.

When making the Tyson comparison, I didn't want to imply that Kelly and Tyson have similar personalities just wanted to point out that they were both frustrated and tried to "get even" with their opponent in unfair way when they saw the opportunity.

Last edited:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Did he wanna cause some pain to Love? Ofcourse... everyone does when we compete and when you are loosing. The same as when a PG goes for a layup and the dude below squashes him.

Did he wanna injure him? I would bet my money that no.

Was it bush league? No I don?t think so.. these things happen all the time. I don?t see anything bushleague about it. It was a completely normal thing, playoff basketball. Completely agree with Olynyk that if Love would not get injured noone would even notice this. It is a freak accident in a completely normal basketball situation.

To me the comparison between Smith and Olynyk is way off. This was a scramble for the ball, trying to get there in a situation when you will do everything to win the ball game. I see it as just trying to get some advantage. Its a bball play that everybody does. Smith and Perkins both had the intention to injure the guy and hurt him. Nothing else was on their mind, there was no struggle, no fight for the ball, noone did it to get some advantage or to get his team advantage in the game. Both did it knowingly that they would hurt their team. That is bushleague.

Last edited:

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Thx for your reply!
I agree that Perkins and Smith moves were bush league. But would you rather take a good punch in the face or have a ligaments tear that requires surgery? Punch looks much more brutal and yet Love's injury is so much worse. If it didn't end up with such serious injury no one would've noticed, I agree. But that doesn't make it a regular playoff basketball, it's just sneakier. Kind of what wade did to Rondo a few years ago. These things aren't just an accident in a normal basketball situation if you said that he wanted to cause some pain to Love. It's is normal to get frustrated and to want to squash a guy who is beating you on the court but you just have to be careful. You can't let it end up in such hard injuries, even if you didn't mean to hurt him badly.

What I think that is worse in Perkins / Smith case is that Kelly reacted in the heat of the moment while those two planned their evill acts. Punch just looks more brutal and obvious but that arm bar is just as bad.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I am just saying it was a normal basketball play. Was it rough? Sure. But the main point was getting the ball. I don?t think Olynyk really had anything else on his mind. I still think it is more of a freak injury than anything else and sadly it happent. It is way worse when a dude decides to punch someone 10 min before and just waits for his chance. Players do things like this all the time. I think Livingston grabing Nowitzki by his balls is way more bushleague even though it did not result in an injury.

For me this is just a freak accident that appeared in a basketball play. You can?t do anything about it and I think the refs were right on calling just a normal foul.

Smith and Perkins move? Disgusting... you can actually kill someone like that or cause a concussion let alone other serious injuries.

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We disagree and it's quite all right. I think that it had nothing to do with trying to get the ball. Olynyk had absolutely no chance of getting that rebound nor he was holding Love's hand just to get him away from the ball so that his teammate could grab that rebound. If you look at all angles you can see that he has both arms on Love's forearm and he pulls it upwards while running in the opposite direction. I say that he felt that Love's arm is in an unnatural position and had the general idea what will happen. Just as wade knew what will happen if he lands on Rondo's elbow while his hand was stretched like that.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
kevin love does that same holding move 10-20 times a game.

Freak accident by Olynyk. Reckless. Not Dirty

Dsav

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It has to do with the intent of their actions. Olynyk outta frustration grabbed and pulled Loved causing an injury but there is no intent to hurt him the injury is just a freak accident.

Compared to JR's which had intent to hurt. Closed Fist backhand to the jaw. Thats intent to hurt.

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Clips yesssss!!! One more game!!!! Some unclassy embarrassing whinny moves/words in game 6, but I still want them to go all the way. Great series, freaking great. Really enjoyed it so far.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Chicago SHOULD beat Cleveland w/o Love. But I don't have any faith in Tibs.

Honestly, they need a new coach...I expect Cleveland to go small and Tibs to stick w/ Pau/Noah.... and Lebron to skewer whichever slowfooted 7 footer guards him.

-

Most bulls people agree with my assertion which is they should never play together (kills their D).

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Blake Griffin best PF in the game seriously

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
CP3 played 32 straight mins. Ican't tell you how hard that is to play high level bball both ways w/ NO mistakes.

That was a godlike game from him on both sides of the ball. Blake was also amazing

If clippers don't win i cant criticize them or any of starters really. It's all on Doc and his poor management skills

Blake Griffin best PF in the game seriously

Blakes a beast but nah...

file_169657_0_brow2.jpg

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
kevin love does that same holding move 10-20 times a game.

Freak accident by Olynyk. Reckless. Not Dirty
44ec30fd112292113a19f775df2796f7.jpg

Not the same move, just wanted to say.

Back to spurs vs clips.

Awesome series, I'm thinking that spurs should win game 7, and I'm a clips fan. I just feel that fatigue thing/playoff experience gives them the edge in clutch and I don't expect a blowout. It's that depth that will prevail after all, no matter how great clippers starting five is.
But I am still a clips fan and they have a great chance as well. That game can easily go their way. Really great series, shame one of those teams will be out this early. Wild, wild west.