Filippo Inzaghi Thread

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
Pippo Inzaghi is polishing his scoring boots for Wednesday’s semi-final against Manchester United, as he seems certain to push Alberto Gilardino on to the bench.

“I feel ready and am in good shape,” said the Milan striker. He is the best Italian scorer in Champions League history with 40 goals in 67 games – 56 in European competition overall – and netted a crucial strike in the 2-0 quarter-final victory at Bayern Munich.

Gilardino was preferred in the lone striker role in the first leg at Old Trafford, but was very disappointing in that 3-2 defeat.

“It is flattering to know that the fans are expecting my goals, but I am convinced that to beat Manchester United we will need a great Milan performance, not just from me.”

With Carlo Ancelotti resting Kaka, using Clarence Seedorf for only 65 minutes and playing Gilardino for the entire 90 in the 1-0 win at Torino on Saturday, it seems likely that he will use Inzaghi supported by those two creative midfielders.

“It is wonderful to feel so much confidence in my abilities, because that really helps. I can guarantee I will give it my all, just as my teammates will. We hope to give our fans and ourselves a performance on a par with our game in Munich.”

The Rossoneri were in trouble during that quarter-final when they were held 2-2 on home turf by Bayern, but qualified by winning the second leg 2-0 in Germany.

Now they are again called upon to overturn a negative situation, but this time Inzaghi points out they have an advantage.

“There are games you cannot wait to play in. It is a Champions League semi-final and we know that we’re facing a tough side, but we are also aware of our own strength. Plus we are playing at San Siro and that is a valuable bonus.”

It's nice to see him so excited about the match, it's adding to the confidence that he already has which is great. I admit at first I had my doubts about Pippo, but if anyone is going to pull it off for us it's him.

MahmoodAB

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all Milanese are one
inzaghi would be a bit better than gila .. but in CL he's MUCH better
pippo is aggressive not scared to go in between the defenders , he does act but not more than gila, he sort of defends at the top side (put pressure on the defence when they got the ball) which is great

the worst thing about inzaghi is that he is slow, not very good at counter attacks, doesnt know how to dribble.

but in the end, i would prefer him over gila in CL games

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
MahmoodAB said:
inzaghi would be a bit better than gila .. but in CL he's MUCH better
pippo is aggressive not scared to go in between the defenders , he does act but not more than gila, he sort of defends at the top side (put pressure on the defence when they got the ball) which is great

the worst thing about inzaghi is that he is slow, not very good at counter attacks, doesnt know how to dribble.

but in the end, i would prefer him over gila in CL games

No he can make it ... just remember his goal in the last World Cup vs Czech Republic ... it was a counter attack began if i;m not mistaken by Cannavaro giving him a perfect pass, he controlled well the ball and actually scored...

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Rosi said:
No he can make it ... just remember his goal in the last World Cup vs Czech Republic ... it was a counter attack began if i;m not mistaken by Cannavaro giving him a perfect pass, he controlled well the ball and actually scored...
and what a beautiful goal it was now im expecting to see van der sar crawl like cech did ;)

he is soo huMble + modest :
"“It is wonderful to feel so much confidence in my abilities, because that really helps. I can guarantee I will give it my all, just as my teammates will. We hope to give our fans and ourselves a performance on a par with our game in Munich.”

if we had someone else instead of him and he was treated as inzaghi is now, i can guarantee, he wouldnt say this :o

:proud: forza pippo & make us proud, we're counting on you :proud:

pcheerleader.gif
pcheerleader.gif
pcheerleader.gif
P I P P O
pcheerleader.gif
pcheerleader.gif
pcheerleader.gif

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
here's a video of van der Sar crawlin' like Cech...

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah u're right ... he's great .... both in the ground and outside ... i mean .. he may have bad games just like every other player but there's a fact which cant be put in doubt: when Milan needed him in crucial moments he was there .... so ... FORZA PIPPO! FORZA MILAN!

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
awwww zzzzz thank you sooo much DEAR :tongue: :tongue:
awesome vid but still it wasnt pippo who made him crawl ;)

Agent Orange

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Nesta, Weah, Boban, Maldini, Albertini
MaldiniISgod said:
I just hope he does one of his trademark celebrations after he scores.

I hope not, his celebrations take 40% of his power. But they are sure beautiful and always mean that we're going for the victory... :proud:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agent Orange said:
I hope not, his celebrations take 40% of his power.
LOL. He looks as if he's going to burst into tears of joy. :)

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Super Pippo will deliver the goods. I mean, many people doubted him, and still do. IMO, he has been among our best players in CL this season and scored a great goal against bayern. Inzaghi's experience will be crucial, as will Milan's.

Forza Pippo, make those ugly hairy tattooed fat englishman cry!!! :D:D:D

Ilgenio

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Gattuso, Ancelotti, Stam, Seedorf, Kaladze, Weah, Vucinic
nice display today

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
I know that Pippo next season will be just a 4th striker that is almost rarely used, and it's a sad fact. :cry: After seeing him have an outstanding finish for last season after a comeback from a 2 year injury, and then only one World Cup game being subbed on in the second half then scoring his only World Cup goal, this season he's been used once every 4 or 5 games and hadn't had a good season. Next one is going to be tougher and probably his last, makes me really want to cry :head: :cry: but that's life, I guess I'll have to get along with it.

Even though I'd love for him to finish his career in Milan, I would feel better if he plays next season for a mid table club with him guaranteed a start and having a 15-20 goals than being a fringe player in AC Milan with only 6 or 7 games played the whole season.

Seeing him beside Totti next season in Roma would be something good too, providing that I have tons of respect for Roma and they are the only team I like in Italy -I don't like Milan, I love it- and seeing him play alongside with one of my favorite players too would be something nice.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Faяouk said:
I know that Pippo next season will be just a 4th striker that is almost rarely used, and it's a sad fact. :cry: After seeing him have an outstanding finish for last season after a comeback from a 2 year injury, and then only one World Cup game being subbed on in the second half then scoring his only World Cup goal, this season he's been used once every 4 or 5 games and hadn't had a good season. Next one is going to be tougher and probably his last, makes me really want to cry :head: :cry: but that's life, I guess I'll have to get along with it.

Even though I'd love for him to finish his career in Milan, I would feel better if he plays next season for a mid table club with him guaranteed a start and having a 15-20 goals than being a fringe player in AC Milan with only 6 or 7 games played the whole season.

Seeing him beside Totti next season in Roma would be something good too, providing that I have tons of respect for Roma and they are the only team I like in Italy -I don't like Milan, I love it- and seeing him play alongside with one of my favorite players too would be something nice.
Some fuckers want to sell him LOL. Who the hell want an old striker? They are like fucking ungrateful and thankless to what Pippo did. He did not just come to Milan, ate 3 meals a day, and do nothing. Who scored 12 goals for Milan in Champions League 2002-2003? Who brought us to that Final with Juventus at Old Trafford? Yeah, your mtfking Pippo did that, 12 goals, understand what it meant? More than what Kaka is doing now. The fact is he's getting old and you can't demand anymore from him, look at what other strikers at his age are doing, just look. "Yeah, I know Pippo did a lot to us in the past, but he's old and we don't need him anymore." <--- whoever says/thinks like this, go eat shit. I can say something similar, "My grandma/grandpa loved me a lot but they are too old now, sell them." AC Milan don't just "use" people and then kick them out, they treat their players very differently from other clubs, that's why there's never a beef between Milan members. But the fans do not know a piece of shit about how hard it is to maintain playing at the age of 34. Everything those fuckers can say is "Sel sell sell sell sell OLD PEOPLE :o ." If I can, I'll sell those fuckers to another clubs, probably Liverpool, because they can ruin the spirit and atmosphere of Liverpool before we play them in Athens :D . Pippo is retiring here, in Milan, he's going nowhere. Imagine these fuckers say the same to Kaka 7-8 years later. Oh fucking thankless. SELL SELL SELL, yeah sell your asses. Fuck you all.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Superpippo is a fuckin' SK and he aint going nowhere. He is he to stay.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
You are right, and I would have loved it if Pippo could finish his career here as a starter and our 1st striker; but modern football is business, and business doesn't know emotions. Therefore ones who handle football these days won't look at what he's done before or how passionate he is, they look at the future which is -for them, not me- in Gila :rolleyes: the present which is in Ronaldo and Eto'o if he came, but for Pippo he's just past in Milan, that's what I've came up with since the start of this season. Inzaghi will be remembered though as the vital reason for our 2002/03 Champions League, not bloody Shevchenko who is sadly rated higher than him. Pippo was at that time more than Kaka is for us now, but it's time to move on. I don't want to see him sitting in a suit and watching every game with the spectators; I want to see him playing... scoring and celebrating. Roma bid for him, and let's accept it. Then I shall see a dream partner Inzaghi/Totti... playing for the best team to watch in Serie A.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Faяouk said:
You are right, and I would have loved it if Pippo could finish his career here as a starter and our 1st striker; but modern football is business, and business doesn't know emotions. Therefore ones who handle football these days won't look at what he's done before or how passionate he is, they look at the future which is -for them, not me- in Gila :rolleyes: the present which is in Ronaldo and Eto'o if he came, but for Pippo he's just past in Milan, that's what I've came up with since the start of this season. Inzaghi will be remembered though as the vital reason for our 2002/03 Champions League, not bloody Shevchenko who is sadly rated higher than him. Pippo was at that time more than Kaka is for us now, but it's time to move on. I don't want to see him sitting in a suit and watching every game with the spectators; I want to see him playing... scoring and celebrating. Roma bid for him, and let's accept it. Then I shall see a dream partner Inzaghi/Totti... playing for the best team to watch in Serie A.
um,...NO!
i totally understand what you're saying and deep deep down i would also like to see him play, because thats what you want to get paid for..actually doing something, but he is more or less considered a great player in milan, our hero in UCL, he still is...i mean whenever gila is playing shit, EVERYONE goes "ok pippo, its up to you"
No matter what people say, football is not just about money and business, people are trying to make it that way but its not like that yet!!! i have nothing against him sitting in a suit and watching, costacurta is doing it? maldini will soon so theres no shame in it..its better to be in your own club where you are loved even if you are 34 or 35 than actually going to another club at the age of 34 and come across as a total CLOWN..i mean look at favalli, he came here and people were doubting to say the least but he has performed and delivered "a goods" lately so we're accepting him..but imagine pippo in roma, he doesnt do any good and people disrespect him both there and some are bitter here because he left!
so when you are above the age of 30, you should stay where ever you are...you too, shevchenko!

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have to say that I disagree and stick to my own theory.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Faяouk said:
I have to say that I disagree and stick to my own theory.
LOL whats with that?
i know what you said, you did say it above and i just said what i thought...thats how you use a forum!!
;)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
kevin_dk said:
Some fuckers want to sell him LOL. Who the hell want an old striker? They are like fucking ungrateful and thankless to what Pippo did. He did not just come to Milan, ate 3 meals a day, and do nothing. Who scored 12 goals for Milan in Champions League 2002-2003? Who brought us to that Final with Juventus at Old Trafford? Yeah, your mtfking Pippo did that, 12 goals, understand what it meant? More than what Kaka is doing now. The fact is he's getting old and you can't demand anymore from him, look at what other strikers at his age are doing, just look. "Yeah, I know Pippo did a lot to us in the past, but he's old and we don't need him anymore." <--- whoever says/thinks like this, go eat shit. I can say something similar, "My grandma/grandpa loved me a lot but they are too old now, sell them." AC Milan don't just "use" people and then kick them out, they treat their players very differently from other clubs, that's why there's never a beef between Milan members. But the fans do not know a piece of shit about how hard it is to maintain playing at the age of 34. Everything those fuckers can say is "Sel sell sell sell sell OLD PEOPLE :o ." If I can, I'll sell those fuckers to another clubs, probably Liverpool, because they can ruin the spirit and atmosphere of Liverpool before we play them in Athens :D . Pippo is retiring here, in Milan, he's going nowhere. Imagine these fuckers say the same to Kaka 7-8 years later. Oh fucking thankless. SELL SELL SELL, yeah sell your asses. Fuck you all.
That IS the current problem we keep them on the payroll for loyalties. It's why next season will be even worse than this season.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gila#11. said:
That IS the current problem we keep them on the payroll for loyalties. It's why next season will be even worse than this season.
If they REALLY suck, they will go. Milan treat people with love first, but they also use their brains. Why have Milan been doing so great like this? Because they've benn together for years. Look at Kaka and Seedorf, don't have to say a word, don't have to give each other a look. Seedorf passes the ball and Kaka is right there. That's why we are doing better than other clubs. The players will leave if they can't play anymore, they are aware of their ages. They know that if they can't play and thay keep staying here, they only ruin the team. And one thing for sure, nobody in Milan wants to ruin the team, I love Milan because they treat people so well, so well, look how Ronaldo grateful Ronaldo was when Milan bought him. The thing is, I fucking hate the attitude when we talk about Pippo, we are like he's a disgrace, a useless mtfker or something like that. He saved our ass countless times. And listen, who scored 2 goals in the win 2-0 over Red Star Belgrade? Inzaghi. If he didn't score those 2 goals, we wouldn't talking about the Final with Liverpool right now. Money, yeah, money is important but if you treat your employees well, they will bring you much more than the money you have to pay them for salary.

Farouk said:
You are right, and I would have loved it if Pippo could finish his career here as a starter and our 1st striker; but modern football is business, and business doesn't know emotions. Therefore ones who handle football these days won't look at what he's done before or how passionate he is, they look at the future which is -for them, not me- in Gila the present which is in Ronaldo and Eto'o if he came, but for Pippo he's just past in Milan, that's what I've came up with since the start of this season. Inzaghi will be remembered though as the vital reason for our 2002/03 Champions League, not bloody Shevchenko who is sadly rated higher than him. Pippo was at that time more than Kaka is for us now, but it's time to move on. I don't want to see him sitting in a suit and watching every game with the spectators; I want to see him playing... scoring and celebrating. Roma bid for him, and let's accept it. Then I shall see a dream partner Inzaghi/Totti... playing for the best team to watch in Serie A.
Don't be mistaken, he can't play full matches anymore, his age does not allow him to do so. I'm not arguing about his playing time. I'm talking about shitty "sell sell sell" people are putting on him. For god's sake, who the fuck scored against Lyon at the 90th minute last year? How happy YOU GUYS were, remember? And now what are you talking about? Don't bash Milan players please. Don't bash Gila, don't bash Oli, please.

Last edited:

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agree with everything that kevin and crazymilangirl said .... Moreover, Pippo himself said that what's special about Milan is that even when u don't play u are made to feel important just the same ... i don't believe the rumors about Pippo going to Roma ... he always said that he wants to end his career in this special club and i believe he will do it. Don't think he's the Sheva type ... when he kissed the Milan shirt i think he meant it for good ... A word about sheva ( sorry off topic ) : u are ok in London? good ! So stay there, Milan are surviving ( and how! ) without you!

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I didn't mean that Inzaghi is a traitor because I know he isn't. I know how hard it is for him now and what he's going through, trying to prove himself when giving very little opportunities and when his goal scoring abilities are now in doubt; but as much as I love Milan and as much as I love Pippo, if a move to another club would guarantee him a start then let it be. Providing that it's going to be his last season, so it has to be a good one. If people here don't respect what he's done and doubt his ability, then they don't deserve him being on the team roster.

Even if his fitness doesn't help him a lot nowdays, don't make him feel useless, let him be a supersub and play about 75% of the games, and start him in some too. The way he is treated now is just bad, rested 3 games to play one and get subbed in the 70th minuted :o

My only fear is that Roma may not change their system so then he won't start also, even if they change it I'm sure they'll pick Vucinic ahead of Pippo :cry: which leaves him with only 2 options: Either stay in Milan's hell and have a shitty end to a great career, or finish your career with a mid club team for the sake of playing a major role.

I still hope though that Roma really do bid for him and guarantee him a start, or even better... Milan give him his fair chances.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Faяouk said:
I didn't mean that Inzaghi is a traitor because I know he isn't. I know how hard it is for him now and what he's going through, trying to prove himself when giving very little opportunities and when his goal scoring abilities are now in doubt; but as much as I love Milan and as much as I love Pippo, if a move to another club would guarantee him a start then let it be. Providing that it's going to be his last season, so it has to be a good one. If people here don't respect what he's done and doubt his ability, then they don't deserve him being on the team roster.
mate, theres no such thing as a place in the starting 11 guarantee...especially when you are 30+
i know what you mean with the helping a mid table team and playing a hero's role but he is 30+ (i do love him, HUGE FAN HERE) but its not like the midtable teams are dying to get him...actually some of them got better strikers than milan! the perfect end to a "perfect" career would be to stay in the club where you had the "perfect" career..

"perfect" because i am sure we didnt see the best of inzaghi, we saw glimps of it in UCL against lyon, against red star etc but he has always been unlucky (injured when we need him) and he has kinda been in shevchenko's shadow..so when shevchenko leaves, he still cant show what he knows because of his age.. :mad: i still think blaming his age is such a lame excuse, i mean if he had been given shevchenko's "place" in our team this season, we'd have a better season.We would have shown pippo that we trust him, that we are turning to him to "save" us. Instead, we were shocked, we lost shit games because of the lack of players when we had him on the bench but we couldnt use him because he is 30+ :rolleyes: LAME.
The best thing he can do is to retire this year :cry: hopefully we'll win UCL with a pippo goal and that would be the final touch. We all know that he wont get ANY playingtime next season unless gila, ronaldo, oli and our new striker (duno who it is yet :tongue: ) are injured.
Im sure, deep deep down everyone single pippo basher etc knows what he done for us, not as much as shevchenko but then again, how did shevchenko end his career here? so yea, that sums it up..pippo play an awesome UCL final, score a goal and call it quits.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Still I don't buy it. Quitting this season would be the worst decision he's ever made, even worse than joining Juvy. And nobody ever had or will have the 'perfect' career, Pippo's career is considered 'Very Good' having played in Juventus, Milan... winning the Serie A and being it's top scorer, winning Coppa Italia, winning the Champions League once and has a chance to make it twice, also being it's top scorer, winning a World Cup, and playing in three consecutive World Cups, etc...

So after a career like that, and after being known around the world for his amazing goal poaching abilities, he can't just retire after having a shitty season like this EVEN if he scored in the Champions League final. It's quite hard for players to retire, their love for the game makes it harder and how much they are used to play it; so if a player decided to retire he should at least get enough playing time to fill his hunger before he hangs up his boots.

And there is such thing like guarantee a start, for example: If Eto'o came to Milan he's guaranteed a start, along with Ronaldinho. Same thing like if Inzaghi joined Fiorentina next season, he's guaranteed a start.

Hell, a move to Fiorentina would be great... filling in Luca Toni's boots and playing along with Adrian Mutu... quite good isn't it?

So till now I favor either a move to Fiorentina which would be the best thing to do, or a move to Roma providing that he starts beside Totti, or stays here but gets to play in about 75% of the games.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
crazymilangirl said:
mate, theres no such thing as a place in the starting 11 guarantee...especially when you are 30+
Have you heard of Maldini?
crazymilangirl said:
because i am sure we didnt see the best of inzaghi, we saw glimps of it in UCL against lyon, against red star etc but he has always been unlucky (injured when we need him) and he has kinda been in shevchenko's shadow..so when shevchenko leaves, he still cant show what he knows because of his age..
You did watch the Bayern V Milan match second leg, right?

Last edited:

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Have you heard of Maldini?
yes i have! and if theres one thing i know then its not to compare Paolo Maldini to Filippo Inzaghi...now, can you guess why?

San Paolo said:
You did watch the Bayern V Milan match second leg, right?
yes i did. And i said that i think Pippo can do alot better, or he could have done alot better if he wasnt in shevchenko's shadow :o

Schedule