The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Honestly, I would avoid guy who have just maybe 4 months of good form in whole career and who started to play professional football as 23yo. In midtable club. Where the hell he was before that?

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he's really great but I'm so suspicious about him. With a reason.

I didn't watch Ricci but I heard good things about him. :o

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
gordon&ivan wont buy SMS... the Tonalis, Castrovillis, and Riccis is the only other acceptable alternative.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Every1 is making lists... I dont know any new players. Im just gonna make a Milan XI with 1 non Milan player.

Rossi

Nesta - Yoda - Paolo

Cafu - Rijkaard - Laudrup - Boban

Il Genio

Weah - van Basten

Im gonna make-believe that team for a bit and feel good.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
C'mon... the guy is MJ of Golf. Same with RF with Tennis.

Nike machine made all 3.

Still, how many viewers does NBA attract, and how many does whatever the fuck the golf equivalent is called does?
And how many people are buying Jordans vs how many people are buying whatever the fuck Tiger Woods is selling?
It's stupid. Unless he made that money through investment I don't see how he could have made 1B from playing golf and endorsements alone (like the article seems to imply) .

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Here's a thought...

Now that Ragnick is scouting players for a well known team like Milan with tons of press and insiders; Will he be able to sign the Mane's on the world for 10M?

He will not be able to sign players under the radar anymore, everybody is watching.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Tonali, Castrovilli, and Ricci... otherwise its feck off, club.

I get the idea Fiorentina doesnt want to sell Castrovilli. It looks like they are working towards improving themselves rather than just being a selling team they've become recently.

Tonali will most likely join Inter.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Still, how many viewers does NBA attract, and how many does whatever the fuck the golf equivalent is called does?
And how many people are buying Jordans vs how many people are buying whatever the fuck Tiger Woods is selling?
It's stupid. Unless he made that money through investment I don't see how he could have made 1B from playing golf and endorsements alone (like the article seems to imply) .

NBA has a sweet TV deal... $2-3B a year I think

But thats not the issue in the article. Its about earnings through contract and endorsements.

IIRC, woods made >$100M in endorsements alone in 2009.

Jordan has or had >100M from just Nike annually at one point

Unsure why NBA or golf viewership is what you?re asking about

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I think what will happen this summer:

- Rangnick will fall through
- We won't sign any top players
- Pioli will get fired by Gazidis because he is too old and Gordon Singer will coach
- Gazidis will sell Donna, Roma, Theo, and Bennacer
- We will buy nobody over the age of 18 because Gazidis sees their potential

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
So Ragnick has apparently been following Ricci for months

creeper.... does he watch him when he goes to the bathroom

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gordon&ivan wont buy SMS... the Tonalis, Castrovillis, and Riccis is the only other acceptable alternative.

I love it how you put Tonalis, Castrovillis and Riccis in one sentence:lol:
Tonalis, Castrovillis are 40 mil players, while Riccis are serie B players worth probably no more than 15 mil.

Ricci is acceptable. Tonali, Castrovili - just forget

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What exactly has Castrovilli done to justify a 45 m price tag? Looked decent for 4-5 months?

I'd rather get Ricci for 15 m and 2 other young players with such potential instead of gambling of another hyped played with 1 season in the elite

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Here's a thought...

Now that Ragnick is scouting players for a well known team like Milan with tons of press and insiders; Will he be able to sign the Mane's on the world for 10M?

He will not be able to sign players under the radar anymore, everybody is watching.

Maldini and Boban were pretty quiet.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What exactly has Castrovilli done to justify a 45 m price tag? Looked decent for 4-5 months?

I'd rather get Ricci for 15 m and 2 other young players with such potential instead of gambling of another hyped played with 1 season in the elite

he has done nothing. Football fans jsut being football fans, they don't care about budgets and risks, they just want shiny new toy.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile according to La Stampa Bitch has agreement with Verona for Kumbulla for... 32 m :lol:

I don't care at all, but what I like about this is that Italian clubs finally learned how to sell. The time of selling your best players for peanuts is long gone.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
A few whispers that among the squad, Paqueta is in the best possible physical condition since the return to training.

Perhaps with Rangnick, there's a player in there somewhere...

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A few whispers that among the squad, Paqueta is in the best possible physical condition since the return to training.

Paqueta scored 2 goals in they friendly they played yesterday.

No idea why but I think he can become an amazing player in the right environment

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
NBA has a sweet TV deal... $2-3B a year I think

But thats not the issue in the article. Its about earnings through contract and endorsements.

IIRC, woods made >$100M in endorsements alone in 2009.

Jordan has or had >100M from just Nike annually at one point

Unsure why NBA or golf viewership is what you?re asking about

Because it would make sense for the advertisers to pay more money to those that can reach wider audiences

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
No idea why but I think he can become an amazing player in the right environment
I think the same.
Pure looking at the physical potential I think Paqueta, together with Bennacer, Donnaruma and Theo, they can reach the furthest.
Just because of his position, attacking midfielder, he can become more famous than Bennacer.
I hope we can create the right atmosphere for them to reach their potential.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni

Paqueta has a lot of quality and potential. There is no doubt in this regard. The question is whether he has the will to do everything necessary to fulfil that potential. Things went south for him with the appointment of Giampoalo and he never really recovered during the current season. I wouldn't be too quick to write him off though. Besides Bennacer, he's the only midfielder that I would keep.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Paqueta has a lot of quality and potential. There is no doubt in this regard. The question is whether he has the will to do everything necessary to fulfil that potential. Things went south for him with the appointment of Giampoalo and he never really recovered during the current season. I wouldn't be too quick to write him off though. Besides Bennacer, he's the only midfielder that I would keep.

Paqueta has the potential but it is the attitude that determine greatness that he is missing, Young man with a big income sure has many distraction.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
tonali is gone man, castrovilli is probably not coming but i would like to see him funded by paqueta.

I'd offer a straight swap of Paqueta for Castrovilli. Don't think it would be worth it to add anything else to the deal, excep maybe a sell on clause for both players to give both clubs some security if they picked the wrong one.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I would love to get Tonali for DM, but I don't know if it's feasible. We might only have a chance if he himself pushes for a transfer to Milan. Castrovilli and Ricci are two Italian midfielders that I like as well, although I've seen Ricci only in a video compilation. Ricci for a relatively low sum could be interesting for the bench. I don't think Castrovilli is worth more than 25 million at this point. I would pay 35 million for Tonali, but I think he will be sold for more.

We need more speed, agility and dynamism in midfield. Bennacer provides plenty, but Hakan and Kessie lack too much. I suspect Hakan will stay, but I hope they will sell Kessie before they sell Paqueta. Biglia, Kessie, Hakan and Krunic are ultimately not good enough if we intend to play for CL qualification.

It's also a possibility that Pobega will stay as a rotational player once he returns from Pordenone.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Im surprised by Mayweather, boxers normally get fleeced quick time.

He always took care of his affairs and was doing his promotion for a long time - the ones that get hosed (usually in any industry) are the ones that go with the big promoter / company and sign the terrible deals.

I admit though his image makes you believe he would be one of those celebrities that blows everything as soon as they get it - that is his brand but obviously not the man.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I would love to see Paqueta come good and explode but that is just a hope.
- This may be his final showcase and if nothing he will be gone

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Juventus working on getting Cristante in exchange for Mandrogara.

Considering the trash we've had in our midfield the last few seasons, it is disappointing to see former youth teamers of ours like Cristante, Locatelli, and Matteo Pessina linked to big clubs in Italy.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Because it would make sense for the advertisers to pay more money to those that can reach wider audiences

Companies don?t just rely on the playing time for tigers and the Jordans of the world. A Nike commercial with Jordan in it > a 1000 basketball games.

Companies buy more time for audience exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.