Is Nesta enough for Milan success in defense ?

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
I just wanna see your opinions on this, 'cause we
all know that defense was and is are biggest problem.

FORZA MILAN ! ! !

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i would say that he will solve our problem... now other defenders have a "role model" besides Maldini...

Kambiz

Primavera
Reaction score
yea hopefully, Roque Junior will gain good forum, and Simic, Kaladze, Laursen and Costacurta can be good throughout the season...

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Knowing that Nesta is behinf, the attackers could attack even more.

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
nesta could do quite well,but i don't think dependin' on him only is a good idea.

btw,roque junior is shit,and maltini is far too old to handle this,costacurta...ican't believe he is back again,and we lost contra as well,but after all,we still have kaladze----who i think is really good---and he is young as well.

Don_Maldini

Beginner
Reaction score
Nesta alone is enough to make me feel secure if i was a goal keeper.
Nesta is one of the VERY few central defenders who has height, strength, and skill, he's fast, he's strong too and his headers are perfect.
let's hope all that is applied as i thought i would be.

Rex

Reaction score
Just remember, football is team games. You can NOT count on one star player to solve our defense problem. The situation will be complicated if you think that way which he will have felt encumbered a job that is not easy for him. Togetherness from all available players either off/on the field is the keyword. But I believe his capability as a great defender, no doubt about it. ;)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
I perfectly agree with you Rex my friend :)
Although Nesta is the big signing and the start we were all waiting for, we shouldn't completely depend on him 'cause you never know when a player is injured or not ready ... We must have the alternatives who must be ready at any moment to replace Nesta if anything happened (God forbidden)!!
And as Rex said, football is a game of the group and each player in Milan is as important for us as Nesta ..

FORZA MILAAN!!

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nesta is our save! With out him we had to little good giocatori in our Defence. With Nesta we are unbeaten!

FORZA NESTA!!!!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Nesta will certainly add stability to the backline. The sale of Contra does not worry us. Where he is a good wingback, he just didn't fit into Carletto's tactics. We need a big season from Kaladze. Simic is sort of like anyone's first sexual partner....steady, yet unspectacular. Maldini is of course Maldini, and although at times he acts his age, 34, he is sufficient and should benefit from a move to the centre. Nesta really is one whom the terms "World Class" and "Automatic First Choice" apply. He really is the second coming of Santo Baresi. Perhaps a bit overboard there by myself, but time will tell.

:devil: Forza Milan :devil:

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
Simic is sort of like anyone's first sexual partner....steady, yet unspectacular

AHAHA :D Thats quality stuff! First time ive heard Simic being described like that! :)

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
Nesta has secured just one place we had missing in the centre of defence. We had a steady defence, with Kaladze Maldini Laursen Simic and co. but now we have a world class defender to back them up

sheva7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i tell you guys, we have the best defense in the league, nesta, maldini, kaladze simic you see the succes of our great team.

Kambiz

Primavera
Reaction score
he has been an obvious boost to the defense... and since Roque Junior is injured, i think its graet that nesta is here, because laursen is far too shaky to play in that position, and costacurta is too old to play 90... i think when Roque Junior gets healthy we will have a good backup defnder who can step in anytime and be solid...

Reaction score
i think we needed nesta and now we have him so no other confusions. he is no.1 defender!!!! and even if the goal in the match against jugoslavia was his fault everyone can make this mistake.

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think is missing: One right back. Helveg is on-loan from Inter, Sarr is on-loan to Galatasaray. We don't have any options than Aubameyang. Someone like Mario Melchiot would be needed.

Reaction score
we need a good right defenser (both Simic and Helveg are not employable)

and we also need a good sub for mid-defenser (Laursen maybe ok)and a left-defenser(we have no sub now).

Reaction score
Nesta IS the BEST central defender in the world. Together with Maldini will strengthen our defense immensly. :devil2:

Schedule