The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
a house is built from the foundation. a team has to be built from the midfield.

it's the core ... a functional midfield betters the defense, Betters the Attack.

With Suso Leao Rebic Piatek ... we should be scoring 3-4 per game vs the likes of Genoa, Brescia, Udinese ... but with this midfield, they have to come and get the ball at the halfway line ... rendering them useless ... if we get them the ball in the last 30 Yards they will score for fun.

this team literally plays backwards. we can go from the edge of the opponents area, back to Donnaruma from our own back passing.

Biglia: after a midfield of Montolivo and Co which was all over the place... Biglia did bring some structure to the midfield ... we knew he was a facilitator, playing the simple passe after getting the ball to get it out of the congested area. but he has now morphed into someone whose first instinct is to play backward.

he's the one supposed to set the tempo...and he is setting a "backward" tempo

new coach, we'll see if that can be fixed with just clear instructions...

like Most People i'd Start Bennacer he want to go forward ... and hel'll soon be starting because (not wishing but just reality) Biglia will get injured

Kessie's Physicality is Vital to this midfield, without him we're noodles... despite his technical level, his strong runs forward were perhaps our most effective attacking weapon during our last good spell (first half of last season) ... then he would give it to Suso up there, who would not have to run 50 yards (he just can't) and Calabria freeing him with a run behind...
Giampaolo's play seemed prevent him (and many of our other main players) from using their most effective weapons.
i hope to see him that again.

with clear and simple concepts from Pioli (he seems to be a "common sense" guy) we can have a somewhat functional unit between the players Midfielders we have. Bonaventura, Paqueta play forward.

With January coming, a chance to strengthen...taking Experience and leadership in consideration + limited funds and limited quality players available ... a player in the mold of Ever Banega...Dynamic, plays forward, reasonable price, experienced but with at least 2 more years in him ...salary could be a problem... as LCM and RCM rotated with Kessie and Paqueta (Bonaventura and Hakan also in the mix) ... this could be a smart buy that could be decisive for CL qualification if we're still in the mix comes january

It's tough to see what's the best midfield setup from the individual pieces. With Biglia at anchor the team becomes slow and pedestrian. Passing channels are left, right and back only. He takes no positive risks. Ideally this guy should be backup only, he coasts through games and has been coasting through the latter part of his career.
Bennacer looks like he could be the most dynamic passer in the team and is brave and confident enough to try stuff, passing into space, etc. He has looked pretty shaky defensively but in certain situations was not done any favours by teammates. He seems to try this hook tackle technique like Paqueta does quite a bit but you're asking for trouble if you try that in the box.
I kinda wish we still had Baka for the anchor position and could play Bennacer next to him

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
AC Milan want Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola as Coach and Ajax’s Marc Overmars as director of sport for next season, claim Mundo Deportivo.

:lol::lol:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
AC Milan want Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola as Coach and Ajax’s Marc Overmars as director of sport for next season, claim Mundo Deportivo.

:lol:

I can imagine the phone call.

Pep: Hello?
Gazidis: Hello Pep, this is AC Milan CE...
*beeeeeeeeep*

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Milan hierarchy are also irritated at directors Paolo Maldini and Zvonimir Boban, feeling neither has the necessary experience for the role, bringing only their links to the ‘old’ club’s success as players.

Well, well.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

giphy.gif

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Sometimes i wonder if leo bought him back in january instead of piatek maybe rino could've deliver us 4th spot
Leo did it for the best, opportunity for Higuain then Piatek all of them turned into shit by our "most creative skilled maestro" the irremovable superstar Choucho.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score

This is hysterical. Quite simply the biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever heard. I mean we can’t even afford to sign Spalletti. Where do these stories come from? Someone’s arse clearly

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli's conference is starting if anybody has nothing better to do

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
no audio on the app?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Better than the potato, any chance to show us suzanna so we can understand where you're coming from.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Yoooooooooooo. Wished i was in beirut right now. Albe w rouhe tahet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli: “The schedule is what it is, and the next stop will certainly be a reference, after the upcoming five games. However, the goal is always the next game, and it will always be like this.

“A manager has to work at 360 degrees. We need to understand each other, my work method is attentive to detail, from recovery to food, all to bring us advantages in the field and to reach our potential,” he began.

Pioli also spoke to about Kris Piatek, who has struggled to find the back of the net thus far, scoring twice from the penalty spot in seven games. However, the 53-year-old revealed that he has ‘great faith’ in the Polish striker.

“The individual talk with Piatek? I’ve always done this throughout my career, it’s important to get into the minds of the players. To Piatek, I said that I have great faith in him.

“If he will play from start? I haven’t decided yet. Usually, when we play in the evening, I decide in the morning. Today will be decisive to understand who should play from the first minute.

“The ritiro on the eve of games is no longer what it used to be, everyone is using their mobile on their own, so it’s no longer necessary. Therefore, I decided to scrap it, it doesn’t make a difference,” he continued.

Kick-off is scheduled for 20:45 tomorrow evening, and around 50K fans are expected at the stadium to watch Pioli’s debut. Hopefully, his side can claim the three points, as anything else would be a disaster considering the opponents.

“The important thing is to see the right attitude and overcome the difficult moments with compactness and cohesion. There will be many fans and we have a duty to do our best. Tomorrow’s performance will determine my future work.

“Leao? He’s more of a central striker than a winger. He has great potential and many qualities, he’s an important prospect to give us immediate results. Calhanoglu? My choices will be based on the characteristics of the players.

“It’s an honour and pride to be here. If you are the manager of Milan, the thought of playing at San Siro can’t haunt you, it must be an extra motivation. I believe that I’m ready to train at this level,” he concluded.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
This is hysterical. Quite simply the biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever heard. I mean we can’t even afford to sign Spalletti. Where do these stories come from? Someone’s arse clearly

Totally legit. They're not saying there are any chances. Wanting is one thing..

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
One thing was clear from the start and conference proves it - Pioli is not an idiot like GP. Hearing shit about Suso having great matches and dissing Paqueta was too much to bear.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

To be fair the story only says "want Pep Guardiola" so it probably is true. But then again Brescia probably want him too.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I pray Pioli succeeds otherwise we're gonna end up with Simone or fucking EDF. Hopefully EDF will find a job before next season.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Despite losing points scoring 3 goals against Lazio at Olimpico is a good achievement. They fucked up today but this will not happen many times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule