Last informs of injuries and matches!!!

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
football italia said:
Ancelotti tests Porto team Saturday 23 August, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti will rehearse the European Super Cup clash in tonight’s friendly test with National Bucharest.

“The side that will start the game with National will be more or less the one that will take on Porto next week,” confirmed the Milan Coach.

The Rossoneri will travel to Monaco on Friday for the annual encounter between Champions’ League and UEFA Cup holders.

“We will try out a few things that must be honed down before the Super Cup match, although we have been working on them throughout the week.”

The side will be without the injured Paolo Maldini, Billy Costacurta and Martin Laursen.

“Andrea Pirlo’s ankle injury was not too serious,” assured Ancelotti, “and he is already well on the road to recovery.”

“But although Maldini has improved in leaps and bounds during the last few days, I sincerely doubt he’s able to play on August 29.”

The captain badly sprained his ankle during a training session and was initially ruled out for four to six weeks, but doctors are now hopeful he can start the Serie A season against Ancona on Sept 1.

“I am waiting for news from the medical staff, but it was a very serious injury. We certainly don’t want to risk Maldini and if he’s not up to it he will stay at home.”

Ancelotti will take on a familiar face in tonight’s test, as Romanian outfit National Bucharest are Coached by former Italy goalkeeper Walter Zenga.

“We were together in that Azzurri side for many years and he is a good friend. I haven’t seen him in a while and it’ll be a good opportunity to catch up.”

Ancelotti’s sights are set squarely on Porto and the first major trophy of the season for his Double-winning Milan.

“We see this as a very important event in the European calendar,” he insisted, “and it is the chance to take home another trophy.”

The Rossoneri have certainly not shone pre-season, losing the Italian Super Cup to Juventus on penalties and not scoring a single goal from open play.

“I don’t think the Champions’ League victory has dulled our enthusiasm,” maintains Ancelotti.

“I always tell my players that during the difficult times, and we will face those moments, think back to how we felt after Andriy Shevchenko’s winning penalty at Old Trafford.”

“That is how you clear your sights of all the bad thoughts and move forward to new challenges.”

Schedule