Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
No it was clearly Jack's responsibility but if you see the video you wonder who Montolivo was marking because since the first pass to the left Saponara was just alone.

When I say it wasn't his responsibility alone, I mean the goal. There were various factors that made it happen, first the initial defensive positioning and letting the cross, then Bertolacci that fails to block the view of the far corner or put more pressure, then Donnaruma that makes an awkward parry instead of pushing the ball towards the end line.

Quite a few people did a subpar job on that one, all it took is one of them to do a great job and the goal wouldn't have happened.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
does anyone know how many of Bonaventura's goals/assists this season came from open play?
4 open play assists
4 open play goals

2 fk goals
2 corner assists (* possibly another one) + 1 fk assist

Shrizzo

Banned
Reaction score
How I wish we would bench, sell, get rid of our garbage and make 3-4 Bonaventura type signings (to start)!

He's a very athletic and skilled player who gives everything that the team asks of him.

Please remember that he was a last minute transfer that cost only 7 mil and it couldn't have happened without a very compliant Atalanta who worked hard at the deadline to make the deal happen. Thanks Atalanta!

He's obviously a very key player. Almost too much responsibility for one player to be completely honest! I'd love to see him play a role with the national squad with Italy's top talent.

Last edited:

markovic

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Ooh la laaaa

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Love his confidence level atm, getting better every day :star:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
filthiest in the league

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
quality

should have been involved more, he did something good almost every time

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
man you gotta love this player, He is pure quality. whenever he has the ball something danger will happen

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Ok, so people might not agree with what I'm about to say, but for me first half of Bonaventura was not good... not sure if a couple of rough challenges that Inter had on him were a factor, but overall his play was a disappointment. Much better in the second half, was positioned closer to the defense and that side became much better defensively, came out of the shell in the last 25-30 min when the spaces grew bigger.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Italian David silva.

Seriously if he was Spanish there would be big teams all over him for 45m.

He's awesome.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Ok, so people might not agree with what I'm about to say, but for me first half of Bonaventura was not good... not sure if a couple of rough challenges that Inter had on him were a factor, but overall his play was a disappointment. Much better in the second half, was positioned closer to the defense and that side became much better defensively, came out of the shell in the last 25-30 min when the spaces grew bigger.

i agree, i thought he was quite throughout most of the game. Good to see other players stepping up to create chances when he was not. In many games this season we look far too dependent on whether or not jack can create. If we can play like we did today for the rest of the season I will be very pleased. Was a fine assist he made.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Someone should make a compilation of Bonas filthiest dribbles. The guys technique is amazing :eek:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Bona's rebound and assist for the last goal is so Klopp style. If we keep pressing and pushing the opponents like this, it's gonna be great.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
thoroughly enjoyed watching him play yesterday :star:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
So consistent.. Love it

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its Mihajlović style

Well, it looked like Klopp's Gegenpressing tactics, which I guess Miha's trying to implement as well. Kudos to him

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Well, it looked like Klopp's Gegenpressing tactics, which I guess Miha's trying to implement as well. Kudos to him

-a- Klopp hasn't invented the full field pressing, even Barcelona with Guardiola used to do it. Sacchi used to do it though at the time there was no passive offside. Heck, even Liverpool with Suarez used to do it especially in the home field games.

-b- If you've seen any Sampdoria games from last season, you know that this is how they used to play, sometimes it's a bit higher, sometimes it's a bit lower but it's always about putting the opponent under pressure.

-c- a tactic doesn't make a coach, if that was the case the 4-2-3-1 formation of Inter is a lot more avantgarde than the 4-4-2 formation that we had. Heck, even the 3-5-2 of Allegri is a lot more different than the 3-5-2 of Conte.

-c- With Balotelli on the field there will be no pressing game, and even with Menez I have my doubts. In fact, I remember we used to press a lot more in the starting games of the season, so I think Miha has taken the time to gradually increase the intensity.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Its hard to maintain such high intensity for an entire game though.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
A chill game from Giacomo. What are his Euro chances?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
83 passes, 94% accurate.

Good, he has started to be a midfielder, not like in the last season where he was a winger in 4-3-3.

Schedule