Franck Kessié Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Should get benched when Biglia comes back. Paq-Biglia-Baka should be much more creative than with Kessie

So on paper, this is the midfield with the right characteristics. Bakayoko will be your physical box to box player, Paqueta will be your technical hustler, and Biglia will sit back and look to spread the play. I think it's very likely we'll move to that as the starting midfield when Biglia is back.

But I need an alternate for Biglia for sure. He's far too injury prone to be depended on for a long duration.

Kessie should only be Bakayoko's substitute, or when we want to change the system to a 4-4-2.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
So on paper, this is the midfield with the right characteristics. Bakayoko will be your physical box to box player, Paqueta will be your technical hustler, and Biglia will sit back and look to spread the play. I think it's very likely we'll move to that as the starting midfield when Biglia is back.

But I need an alternate for Biglia for sure. He's far too injury prone to be depended on for a long duration.

Kessie should only be Bakayoko's substitute, or when we want to change the system to a 4-4-2.

Maybe Mauri can finally step up, as did Baka.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Just say it..

Sensi...!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Do we really want Bakayoko running around and being Box to Box?

Is that not what he struggled with at Chelsea and at the beginning here?

When Biglia gets back, he should ride the bench until he gets a valid opportunity, Bakayoko has been better than he has in his Milan career.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Do we really want Bakayoko running around and being Box to Box?

Is that not what he struggled with at Chelsea and at the beginning here?

I think he's been quite good at it in the past few months. People call him a destroyer, but I think he's much smarter than Kessie attacking wise and more suited for the B2B role.

Kessie should stick to a "Gattuso" type of role, without any attacking responsibilities.

With Biglia, we would transition much easier to the attacking phase, something we've been struggling with.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
We need someone to challenge his position in the starting XI. The kid has had it too easy since coming here, he’s a bonafide starter and he doesn’t warrant that atm. Signing another player for a bit of competition/bench time will do the world of good for him. Needs to understand his role within the team better and needs to play to his limitations because atm he is a very limited player who has enormous upside. Still very raw but once he understands his role better he will become much better.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Kessie is alright defensively but his offensive side of his game is really bad, average passing, poor vision and slow response. He slows down our counter on many times. Sell in the summer.

Last edited:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
kucka was way better than kessie with ball at feet, could bulldoze through bunch of opponents. scored some beauty too. only advantage kessie has is age and speed.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Peak Kucka at Milan was about Kessie's current level.

Kessie has all the tools to become WC but he needs some rest + Competition to grow.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Two good games in a row now. Seems to be playing it more simple which is better for him.

Starting to learning how to use his speed better too. I like what I saw from him today, the more experience he gets the more he will learn his physical capabilities. The potential of our midfield is huge imo, just our wingers let us down a lot in movements. When Suso and Hakan are actually trying to receive the ball the midfield clicks pretty well as we saw on a few occassions today

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
nah let's sell him to get barella and sms. lel

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I cant see him playing past this season.. should retire next season as hes past 33 years old now

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
this is the game i expect from him, use his speed and strength to move the ball, pass it quickly and become an option for the teammates during quick attacks. the more he holds the ball the more he waits for the perfect pass which he is not good at all(from what he've shown so far).

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
probably he is the only guy in the world who would charge to the opponent side with empty net and have 0 chance of getting the goal or making an assist.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"The rumors about Chelsea and Tottenham? I have 5 years of contract and I'm happy at Milan. There's a great coach who's doing things well"

What does he mean by this? Its Grintusso and his tactics :eek:

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Franck Kessie accepts he ‘messes up too much, especially on counterattacks’ and claims Gian Piero Gasperini was ‘tougher’ than Milan boss Gennaro Gattuso.

Kessie will be facing former club Atalanta on Saturday, and the midfielder explained the differences between his Coaches past and present.

“Today I get chances but mess up too much, especially on the counterattack,” he told DAZN.

“It’s partly because I’m tired when I get to the opposing goal and partly because at Atalanta, I was joined by more players on the break.

“Now there are less around me and I often have to force the shot. Gattuso, however, gives me encouragement every day to give more. He asks me to be braver.

“Gasperini’s training sessions were tougher. We really ran a lot and Gasperini was angrier than Gattuso, even if that doesn’t seem to be the case because Gattuso shouts louder!

“I’m very fired up because the Champions League is the biggest competition in Europe and I’ll do my best to get there.

“Atalanta aren’t our only rivals for the Champions League. We have to think about ourselves first and try to win every game.”

Kessie then clarified why he did not celebrate after Krzysztof Piatek scored the Rossoneri’s third goal against Cagliari last weekend and why he did not take the No 19 back after Leonardo Bonucci’s exit.

“After the goal it’s normal that everyone went to cheer with Piatek, but I saw Calhanoglu had dropped his head after his shot was saved by Cragno, so I went to hug him.

“Right now he needs our support. We also see each other outside of training. Sometimes we have dinner together and talk.

“We arrived in the same period and didn’t know anyone. That’s how we became friends.

“The new owners had asked me if I wanted to take back the No 19, but I said ‘no’ because I feel good with No 79 and, above all, I didn’t want those who had already bought my shirt to spend more money!”

https://www.football-italia.net/134695/kessie-gasp-tougher-gattuso

What a guy.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Love his attitude.

Confident and knows his strengths, and aware of the weaknesses he needs to work on.

That part about being tired also confirms what we've all suspected, that he has played so many minutes, and also usually as the player who covers the most amount of ground per game.

Lets get him some competition and an alternative and let the two players push each other to be better :thumbsup:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Franck Kessie accepts he ‘messes up too much, especially on counterattacks’

Suck a nice guy.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Immature in the head still

The post after yours shows that clearly isnt the case :lol::lol::lol:

Composure is a thing many players struggle with. I hope he can settle and be calmer and make better choices when he does have options to pass.

Gattuso always struggled in that aspect but one thing I always liked was he always took the responsibility, if it was to pass he tried, if it was to shoot he did as well, even if many of his shots were poor.

Hope Kessie stays long because it seems he has all the intangibles plus the desire to continue working without drama. He can become a true servant of the club while the other flair players grab the headlines.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
His comments lately have made more content with him staying.

Schedule