Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Mousasu is the best middleweight in the world after Romero the real champion.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
That glover teixeira fight was sickkk, what a badass

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't want to comment on GOAT status

But in terms of grappling in mma, Khabib for sure is up there.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Thoroughly enjoyed Tyson - Roy Jones

Roy Jones forever the showman

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Imagine cutting Yoel Romero and leaving all of the other trash fighters in the organization and over half the women.

The rankings will be filled with contender series fighters so they can pay them even less lol.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Vettori was very very impressive
The monkey king.....I thought there was a rule banning homosexual fighters in ufc???? Wtf dog

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
They fucking cut me. Piece of shit. Yoel is the best fighter on the planet at middleweight. Period. People's champ.
He is 4-1 in the last 5 imo. The only fight he lost was the Whittaker first one. He beat Whittaker the second time.
He beat Costa. He beat Israel. Israel was too scared to engage and ran like a b the entire fight.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
UFC needs a feeder org

Start back up PRIDE in Japan and shit. All these freak show fights (Jake Paul, Intergender CCC vs. Nunes, most recently Tim Elliot vs. Kayla Harrison :lol:). And also put some of these feeder level fighters in another org with rankings and such so we don't have to watch them in the UFC unless they've done stuff of note in other orgs.

Guys like Yoel Romero would easily competing in such a org.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
They fucking cut me. Piece of shit. Yoel is the best fighter on the planet at middleweight. Period. People's champ.
He is 4-1 in the last 5 imo. The only fight he lost was the Whittaker first one. He beat Whittaker the second time.
He beat Costa. He beat Israel. Israel was too scared to engage and ran like a b the entire fight.

:lol:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
UFC needs a feeder org

Start back up PRIDE in Japan and shit. All these freak show fights (Jake Paul, Intergender CCC vs. Nunes, most recently Tim Elliot vs. Kayla Harrison :lol:). And also put some of these feeder level fighters in another org with rankings and such so we don't have to watch them in the UFC unless they've done stuff of note in other orgs.

Guys like Yoel Romero would easily competing in such a org.

i cant believe yoel got cut. he is 43 but cmon he will kick everyone's ass. israel ran from him the entire fight. I have no doubt he beats mousasi at bellator who imo beats izzy quite easily.

btw did you see mousasi's interview about wiedman lmao.
interviewer asked mousse about weidman saying he is a bad matchup for izzy. he asks him how do you think weidman fares vs izzy?
mousse responds by saying 'i think it will end very badly for weidman' lmao in his accent. cracked me up.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Israel ran from him? :lol:

"ok"

He did 'run' like a bitch. The one time he felt Yoel's power he decided not to engage. Yoel won that fight imo.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He didn't fight to Romero's strengths, which is the only sensible thing to do. But Romero didn't do much either because he didn't want to fight to Adesanyas strength, which is counter attacks. Had he done it he'd end up like Costa. I just don't see how you could count it as a win for Romero, I remember it as a very boring fight where Israel got the most licks in.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He didn't fight to Romero's strengths, which is the only sensible thing to do. But Romero didn't do much either because he didn't want to fight to Adesanyas strength, which is counter attacks. Had he done it he'd end up like Costa. I just don't see how you could count it as a win for Romero, I remember it as a very boring fight where Israel got the most licks in.

It was a dull affair. I had Yoel winning due to landing harder shots. Izzy did kick the leg a bunch of times. Very boring fight

Both counter attackers.

Still shocked they got rid of soldier.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
WTF is PVZ doing signing 4 matches with BareKnuckle, the one thing she has is she has a womanly look compared to most female fighters, that's going to be out the window after the first bout.

Wonderboy is up next in 8 days, can't wait to see him back.

200.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A little nervous for tony ferguson...hope he?s still got it

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jacare dancing lmao

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Sorry for Tony but he is pretty much done. There are younger guys who can outgrapple or outstrike him or both....age is not so kind to him too.

Excited for Charles though, he practically is the best grappler bar Khabib of course in that most stacked LW division.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tony wasn't able to do shit after his arm, wouldn't quite count him out yet.

Great fight card tonight, best in ages

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Black belt vs. 10p Black belt

:lol: sorry I couldn’t help myself

“Tony’s bjj will negate Khabibs top control” :lol:

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Black belt vs. 10p Black belt

:lol: sorry I couldn?t help myself

?Tony?s bjj will negate Khabibs top control? :lol:

I never understood the "Tony is the most dangerous opponent for Khabib" talk.

Tony struggled against Kevin Lee on the ground and other less ground accomplished fighters.

It honestly would not have been close. Even with Tony in his prime.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Sorry for Tony but he is pretty much done. There are younger guys who can outgrapple or outstrike him or both....age is not so kind to him too.

Excited for Charles though, he practically is the best grappler bar Khabib of course in that most stacked LW division.

Justin took at least a decade of his life, he looked old in there. The guy's a warrior, but its not gonna be good if he sticks around the UFC with these young lions around him.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Justin took at least a decade of his life, he looked old in there. The guy's a warrior, but its not gonna be good if he sticks around the UFC with these young lions around him.

It?s because the style he fights with. Throughout the span of his fighter career he?s for sure sustained more damage vs someone like Khabib.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I never understood the "Tony is the most dangerous opponent for Khabib" talk.

Tony struggled against Kevin Lee on the ground and other less ground accomplished fighters.

It honestly would not have been close. Even with Tony in his prime.

He did a lot of damage from the bottom but ultimately it?s an inferior position and that?s why most of the time judges favor the top position.

Ultimately I didn?t really see many ways Tony could have finished Khabib barring an odd elbow that cuts Khabib which stops the fight

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It?s because the style he fights with. Throughout the span of his fighter career he?s for sure sustained more damage vs someone like Khabib.

Ironically, Justin was a just bleed disciple as well not to long ago, he still is in a way, just got way smarter about it. I for one didn't think this guy would ever fight as smart as he has done lately.

He did a lot of damage from the bottom but ultimately it?s an inferior position and that?s why most of the time judges favor the top position.

Ultimately I didn?t really see many ways Tony could have finished Khabib barring an odd elbow that cuts Khabib which stops the fight

I dunno man, the last event put a huge question mark on that:

EnlightenedAdmirableArchaeopteryx-size_restricted.gif

:D

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ironically, Justin was a just bleed disciple as well not to long ago, he still is in a way, just got way smarter about it. I for one didn't think this guy would ever fight as smart as he has done lately.

I dunno man, the last event put a huge question mark on that:

EnlightenedAdmirableArchaeopteryx-size_restricted.gif

:D
0 control though.

Things like up kicks has always been dangerous. In BJJ that would be considered a neutral position as Jacare isn?t engaged in the guard. In effect, this is just an up kick

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I'm considering to start practicing mma. I've played team sports all my life and at a good level (but not pro).. football mainly.. some basketball.. I tried handball once last year and I quickly grasped it.. also swimming and running etc. But I have always avoided martial arts because I don't really like brutality. However when I was a kid, our idea of fun was to go to a friends house and grapple all day long and alternate that with football and maybe swimming. Now I'm 33 and I miss the feeling of grappling, especially since I was so good at it. I have an ideal athletic body, maybe like Cannavaro .. I am heavy because of bone mass and around 180cm in height..

since 2 years my excitement to play casual football has waned and after being less active during this period I began to consider trying different things. So I was initially considering wrestling and boxing and I am still interested in them but a person I met is black belt in BJJ and he gave me 5 classes for free and although I had some doubts (fear of injury and how that could hamper my football) I really found it to be useful and I feel that I have grasped some of the techniques I learned.

Now I am looking more into the field of mma and I'm trying to learn more about the different styles and thankfully I knew a person here and there who does something different. My thought process travelled from wrestling and boxing to bjj and muay thai in the beginning but I am also considering capoeira and I have a friend who teaches that. All of these disciplines seem very interesting and I am thinking of trying one of each on each day of the week. The aim is not to master any of them but rather to see what i like before settling on a couple or more and just to become a well rounded fighter.

I want to do this to learn something new that I can really get into. I am also learning to play the drums, so ideally I would want something that is enjoyable and useful and preferably that wouldn't cause irreversible damage (I know that mainly comes down to how I manage myself). BTW i am turning 34 years in Feb.. so not sure how realistic I am but whatever one has to try to know.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's near impossible to properly train MMA and not have irreversible damage :lol: You are also 33, so if professional MMA isn't an aspiration, I would just pick one art and try to stick with it.

Not to sound harsh, but I don't think your view of how to approach it will work. For example, for you to be "decent" at BJJ, it would take you at least 3 times a week for at least 2 years. With the wear and tear on your body and with you wanting to dip in other disciplines, you'd have to be prepared to be the "nail" (at least in BJJ class I can tell you) for a long time. Meaning, you are likely the worst person in class and would constantly get smashed. Now imagine doing that for multiple arts, multiple times a week, it would be hard to sustain.

But definitely try things: I'd recommend figuring out if you prefer a striking art or a grappling art. Once you pick that path, then you can pick 1 art (Boxing, Muaythai for standup, or BJJ/Judo/Sambo for grapplin) and try to improve in that.

Schedule