Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Romero vs Borrachinha

Going to be a good match

Uhhhhh someone's going to get KO'd here, I like it. Is it billed as 5 round main event?

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Co-main event at UFC 230. Are those 5 rounds as well or no?

Yeah, they do 5 round co mains I'm pretty sure. Can't see Yoel going back to 3 round fights anyway. I also think this one might be too steep of a step up of Costa, even though I rate him higher than most others. The flipside is that if he wins, he's almost a lock to face the winner of Whittaker v Gastelum for the title.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
its going to be a 3 round fight, co mains are only 5 rounds if they're title fights.

yoel gonna wipe the floor with him

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
its going to be a 3 round fight, co mains are only 5 rounds if they're title fights.

yoel gonna wipe the floor with him

I think Yoel will take him down over and over. Only chance for Borrachinha is a flash KO

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
UFC is sending Till in there in to get slaughtered.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All the crazy shit goes off without a hitch just for him to kill his knee when tripping over wires. The Ferguson paradox.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Aldo ain't done yet

That liver puch was nasty as fuck :thumbsup:

The main event was a proper fight as well! Alvarez fucked up badly with that 12 - 6 rookie mistake, but Dustin was probably going to win it either way.

Also hopefully gollum won't get a title shot off that shite performance.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wouldn't call the performance shit. I mean sure, it was point fighting and therefore not that exciting but she was clearly better over 3 rounds. Agree, I don't want her to fight Rose a third time within a year. Give her one more while Rose defends the title once vs Andrade or Karolina depending on their fight, JJ can fight Claudia to determine the next challenger after that.

But can't really deny JJ the shot if she keeps winning against everyone else.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Wouldn't call the performance shit. I mean sure, it was point fighting and therefore not that exciting but she was clearly better over 3 rounds. Agree, I don't want her to fight Rose a third time within a year. Give her one more while Rose defends the title once vs Andrade or Karolina depending on their fight, JJ can fight Claudia to determine the next challenger after that.

But can't really deny JJ the shot if she keeps winning against everyone else.

Sure, but she only 1 one fight as of today after getting her ass beaten badly two times by..let me get my inner DC going:

THUG ROSE THUG ROSE THUG ROSE THUG ROSE THUG ROSE THUG ROSE

Torres did nothing in this fight, didn't put any pressure on Golum and let her dictate the pace. I saw nothing in her game that makes me think she has a chance against Rose who will put that pressure again on her and maker her tap to strikes, again.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You have to understand what Torres is up against when fighting JJ. Of course Tecia won't look very good against a world class fighter like Joanna and let's not act like there's some huge difference between Rose and JJ, their last fight was very close.

As I said, give her one more fight against another top contender and I'm fine with her getting the title shot a third time. What would you want instead? Never giving her a shot again? Have her crush a few more fighters? Or instead have a third great fight with Rose? The answer is clear for myself.

Anyway, the second Rose vs JJ fight was a lot of fun and I think any real fan of MMA would love to see a repeat. After all this is supposed to be about matching up the two best fighters, right? Not who we feel is likable.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Rose ain't no thug. Give her Andrade or Claudia.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Another good fighter from Dagestan, Islam Makachev. what the hell do they put in the water over there.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Islam is not that good at all. he got ko'd by adrian Martin's.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's still 5-1 in UFC and Khabib rates him really highly but I agree, it'll be tough for him to really establish him in the top 5 of a super though division. I am still more fascinated by Khabib and Zabit, although I think Zabit may be overrated, still definitely a very good candidate for being a champ eventually imo.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
nha he is pretty average. you know who is good? taisumov. dude is a stud. way better than fodder islam.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He's still 5-1 in UFC and Khabib rates him really highly but I agree, it'll be tough for him to really establish him in the top 5 of a super though division. I am still more fascinated by Khabib and Zabit, although I think Zabit may be overrated, still definitely a very good candidate for being a champ eventually imo.

Zabit is another one i forgot about. Dude is real deal I believe. badass abe lincon looking mf

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
nha he is pretty average. you know who is good? taisumov. dude is a stud. way better than fodder islam.

Oh yeah, he's really good, I root for him because he's got some Austrian connections. My gym owner goes on and on about him sometimes :lol:

He's fighting in Russia again iirc, fucking hyped.

I wouldn't call Islam fodder though, I trust Abdulmanap's judgement a lot.

Zabit is another one i forgot about. Dude is real deal I believe. badass abe lincon looking mf

He's amazing because of his completeness but I want to see how he deals with hard hitters to see if he might be a bit chinny but I'd gladly be surprised. His fight with Yair might end up being an alltime amazing fight.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
That Zabit guy looked phenomenal. When is he fighting again?

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
8. September UFC 228 vs Yair, it's the Woodley vs Till card

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rose ain't no thug. Give her Andrade or Claudia.

Rose would trash Claudia.

Claudia's best domain is on the ground, as she was originally a BJJ black belt. Her striking is sloppy at best and also has questionable cardio.

One thing Rose showed in the JJ fights is that she is able to remain disciplined and for that reason, I don't think Claudia would stand a chance.

This is all coming from someone who doesn't really rate Rose...

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
khabib vs conor is official

october 6

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I Don't think khabib can stand with him longer than 30 seconds

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
^^ Unless Khabib gets mentally fucked like Aldo, then I don't really see a way for Connor.

I don't think Habib gets mentally phased though dude looks like a stone.

Any way i'm rooting for Habib I like Connor but he's fanboys made him distasteful.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
khabib vs conor is official

october 6

be a man and take a pick habibi. who you got boy?
I got kebab by ko. I think something unusual is going to happen. connor will take kebab down and then kebab brings him back up and ko's him from the clinch.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Conor via liver kick.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How the fuck will Till make weight? He is so much bigger than Woodley.

Schedule