The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Futball_Karim/status/1279860125424136192

Seriously, he was man marking him all game. Even when he pushed up to head the ball in the box, arguably his most dangerous move, Kessie kept with him and the rest of the team basically left SMS alone. I thought Kessie was just playing on the left side in order to stay in SMS's zone more often, but no he was literally following him all over the pitch anywhere he goes.

I bet Sergej had nightmares about Kessie, and then he woke up and Kessie was in his bedroom.

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Jovic will very much be the prime target for CF. He was labelled a 'wonder kid' only 12 months ago. Real don't buy poor footballers. It looks like Real overpayed, but lets not forget he was only 21 and coming off a stellar season. In truth Real should have left him at Frankfurt for another season. Rebic and Jovic are a tried and tested pairing.

Gaich does look interesting and we could do with a tall CF to replace Ibra. Experience would be more welcome in the form of a Giroud(as mentioned recently)

If Kjaer is not redeemed at low cost then there's little chance of againg legs being considered. Maverick like intent by Ralf to refuse Kjaer.

The RB is essential. Samu and Salad... they can't be considered serious options for the right attacking side going forward.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
https://twitter.com/Futball_Karim/status/1279860125424136192

Seriously, he was man marking him all game. Even when he pushed up to head the ball in the box, arguably his most dangerous move, Kessie kept with him and the rest of the team basically left SMS alone. I thought Kessie was just playing on the left side in order to stay in SMS's zone more often, but no he was literally following him all over the pitch anywhere he goes.

I bet Sergej had nightmares about Kessie, and then he woke up and Kessie was in his bedroom.

top 3 midfielder in the world

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I always believed in Kessie and seeing him play this way next to Bennacer is really encouraging. I don't think we need an upgrade in CM next season, just make sure we have players to rotate with them.

The real need for an upgrade is definitely at RB, CB, and probably RM. I would prefer to have a right footed RM in order to get early crosses in. We've seen how much more effective this is with Saelemaekers able to cross from deep. We've scored a couple of goals directly through this move; the own goal, the handball and the disallowed Ibra goal. With a left footed player we aren't as fast putting the ball in the box as they usually have to cut inside first and the ball will be inswinging which is not what you want when you want to go around the defense and not over them. With Rebic (or even Leao) on the other side we could have a great far post option to attack the ball.

CF is a big unknown. We obviously need a Poulsen type player, big fast and able to trap direct balls against physical opponents. Ibra is one of the best of all time at this, but he definitely can't do the pressing required of this role as well. I also don't think Jovic is the kind of player we will be targeting considering the price and wage. Someone like Gaich or Scamacca look good and work on paper but are a huge risk, then again that's why you're getting Ralf. Rebic should play next to that CF as the second pressing forward.

Hakan and hopefully Szoboszlai can rotate the all important LM role, cutting inside. RM should be a right footed player that can press all game. I actually really like what Saelemaekers did against Lazio, but we obviously need an upgrade.

We need a much, much better RB than Conti, Calabria. No idea about Kalulu but I doubt he's ready to start. I can't stand Calabria or Conti.

So my priorities are RB, CB, CF, RM.

And what do you think will happen with Paqueta, Krunic and Castillejo?

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MN - Milan-Kjaer, ongoing reflections on the redemption: the parameters assessed by the club

AC Milan have not yet made a decision on Simon Kjaer's redemption from Sevilla (for a figure of around € 3.5 million), but reflections are ongoing. The Danish defender is playing very well and has repeatedly expressed his intention to remain with the Rossoneri, but there are parameters that the company takes into consideration. In addition to the technical aspect, the age (Kjaer is 31 years old) and the engagement in the next years (2.5 million the defender's salary) is assessed, measures that have a specific weight in the negotiation. Reflections on the ransom to be made by July 15th are currently underway.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
MN - Milan-Kjaer, ongoing reflections on the redemption: the parameters assessed by the club

AC Milan have not yet made a decision on Simon Kjaer's redemption from Sevilla (for a figure of around ? 3.5 million), but reflections are ongoing. The Danish defender is playing very well and has repeatedly expressed his intention to remain with the Rossoneri, but there are parameters that the company takes into consideration. In addition to the technical aspect, the age (Kjaer is 31 years old) and the engagement in the next years (2.5 million the defender's salary) is assessed, measures that have a specific weight in the negotiation. Reflections on the ransom to be made by July 15th are currently underway.

would be dumb not to redeem him and look for another unknown... we need proven pieces in our squad

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Well we bought Saelemaekers for 7M which was a way more stupid move

That's yet to be seen. 7m is not so much. If he can be a decent rotational player, than I'm ok with it. He's shown he has some potential, but we're yet to see how high is it.

Btw, I'm very happy about our win over Lazio, but a bit sad that it stopped their title-winning effort. Hope we can make it up to them and win vs Juve.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And what do you think will happen with Paqueta, Krunic and Castillejo?

Krunic and Casti can be backups for their roles. Paqueta needs to play. It really depends on how Ralf wants to play. It's not guaranteed that we will play a 4222. I don't think he's the right profile though and his pressing and awareness of danger are nowhere near as good as Hakan.

If we get a much better RB that can be depended on then there might be a role for Paqueta playing opposite Hakan, on the right, but I have a feeling he's not mentally strong enough. He tends to overdo things and then overcompensate when things go wrong. If we get a good offer to at least break even then we should sacrifice him for someone that fits.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Well, it's not like we're going to get Musacchio off our books either. €2m salary until 2021, out for 4 months and lack of suitors, so he's likely to leave for free next summer.

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Krunic and Casti can be backups for their roles. Paqueta needs to play. It really depends on how Ralf wants to play. It's not guaranteed that we will play a 4222. I don't think he's the right profile though and his pressing and awareness of danger are nowhere near as good as Hakan.

If we get a much better RB that can be depended on then there might be a role for Paqueta playing opposite Hakan, on the right, but I have a feeling he's not mentally strong enough. He tends to overdo things and then overcompensate when things go wrong. If we get a good offer to at least break even then we should sacrifice him for someone that fits.

But then we have the new one, Castillejo and Saelemaekers for the right. Maybe one too much. I think Castillejo fits Rangnick very well. If we get Szoboszlai then theres no place for Paqueta i think.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Two words:
James Rodriguez :o

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I'd happily kick Blade & Kessie out for Daka & Boubakary.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Fofana
Denzel?
Koopmeiners
Szobo or Miranchuk
Daka

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Atal & Cyprien are other alternatives we can look, but maybe a lot of money needed.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
29h till gobbi and no thread?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Kjaer will not be reedemed according to CorSera.

I?m fine with that, Fofana here we go.

AC Milan have not yet made a decision on Simon Kjaer's redemption from Sevilla (for a figure of around ? 3.5 million), but reflections are ongoing. The Danish defender is playing very well and has repeatedly expressed his intention to remain with the Rossoneri, but there are parameters that the company takes into consideration. In addition to the technical aspect, the age (Kjaer is 31 years old) and the engagement in the next years (2.5 million the defender's salary) is assessed, measures that have a specific weight in the negotiation. Reflections on the ransom to be made by July 15th are currently underway.

This would be impressively stupid.

3.5 million for Kjaer would be a steal. Total nobodies go for similar amounts or more (Mert ?etin went to Roma for 3, Iv?n Marcano went to Porto for 3, Amir Rrahmani went to Napoli for 14 (and didnt play), Marco Varnier went to Atalanta for 5, Denis Vavro went to Lazio for 10.5, etc)

Like I said there are a ton of examples from this past offseason of worse players going for more.

He should be our third CB, which is a role where experience is valuable.

People focus on the salary, but when the acquisition price is so low, it balances it out. If we buy a replacement for 5 million that has a 1 million salary, it will cost the club the same next season, and it will probably be for an inferior player.

I'm all about adding young talent when it makes sense, but if we want to be serious about going after a CL spot, having some experience is huge, and at that cost Kjaer would be a perfect player to have on the roster.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
THis koopmeiners dude can really pass well eh....pirlo esque....

from youtube scouting obviously..but impressive nonetheless

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
If I hear one more person say "feck" I'm going to join ISIS :rolleyes:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'd happily kick Blade & Kessie out for Daka & Boubakary.

:fp:

Kessie has been great lately. Why trade him? I think he can become amazing if he sticks to this DM role. Fits him well. As Pioli has said, it seems he never gets tired.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Is the 7th spot purely his? Did he give us that horrible start to the season?

I can understand not liking somebody, but consciously choosing to not see the real situation just baffles me :fp:

He inherited a team, that he didn't build. That team was pretty shit as starting point (squad) and in the worst form ever. All things considered, yes, he's overachieving. At least, so far.

He is not overachieving shit.. wtf

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jovic will very much be the prime target for CF. He was labelled a 'wonder kid' only 12 months ago. Real don't buy poor footballers. It looks like Real overpayed, but lets not forget he was only 21 and coming off a stellar season. In truth Real should have left him at Frankfurt for another season. Rebic and Jovic are a tried and tested pairing.

Issue is he earns 20m at Madrid, don't know how Milan pull that off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule