The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Gazidis: “I am delighted with this agreement. Stefano has shown he can deliver the vision of football we have for our club - exciting, progressive and passionate. This is not a decision based on recent victories, but one based on how Stefano has built team spirit and unity of purpose, the way he has improved the performances of the individual players and the collective team. The way he [Pioli] has embraced our vision and the way he has represented himself and the club's values."

Pioli: “I am happy and proud of the trust I have received from AC Milan. I want to thank everyone, including our fans, who we are really missing at the stadium, but are always close and supportive. As I have said many times, our future is today: we must be focused and determined, be united and play as one. We are at the begining of an extraordinary path. If we keep working this way, we will grow and be more and more competitive.”

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Just do some basic research. He was the coach at Leipzig. He chooses not to be anymore. He chose Niegelsman to succeed him. The plan for him was to join Milan as the coach than eventually I?m sure get someone to replace himself.

He had an offer at Bayern. He rejected it. He wanted full control but Bayern would never do that. There has been interest from Dortmund but timing has never allowed. I think you are very misinformed.

You guys keep telling me to do my research..

I think I understand it better than you guys..

He's great at finding talent. Amazing at it. However, even that job would be a little harder here. It's easier for the young talent to grow in an environment like Leipzig or Salzburg. The opposition is weaker (2nd div of Germany) and there was no pressure.

But you're telling me he would happily step aside once he's built something. Why can't he just step to one side now and let Pioli manage things. He has to be manager? Why? Why was he cool with that at Leipzig but not here?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Gazidis is between the rock and the hard place.

Grazie Padre Stefano.

760f9ddb0283eeac3d966f4198be6e02.jpg

When you're ahead, way ahead :proud:

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get annoyed by incompetence.
But here, people are stressing out about the future. How can anyone be sure of Rangnick?s success?

It was different. Now we doing what we have been doing for the past few years with little to no success. Pioli is every single manager we have hired. Italian, terrible to average track record and that?s it. It?s the basic definition of insanity.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I get annoyed by incompetence.
But here, people are stressing out about the future. How can anyone be sure of Rangnick?s success?

read about him please then you will know.
About renewing pioli, we have been in this same position so many times. You can already predict what?s going to happen next season

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Omg it's actually true :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
According to MilanNews.it, the reason for the breakdown in talks was the suggestion Rangnick only be the director of sport and leave Pioli as coach, something neither man would be happy with.

You can see why Ralf wudnt be happy with this... but wtf is Pioli's problem with this?

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
We're not allowed to ever make fun of Inter for dominating only the 1st part of the season again, we literally extended Pioli after 7 good games. :lol:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazidis: ?I am delighted with this agreement. Stefano has shown he can deliver the vision of football we have for our club - exciting, progressive and passionate. This is not a decision based on recent victories, but one based on how Stefano has built team spirit and unity of purpose, the way he has improved the performances of the individual players and the collective team. The way he [Pioli] has embraced our vision and the way he has represented himself and the club's values."

Pioli: ?I am happy and proud of the trust I have received from AC Milan. I want to thank everyone, including our fans, who we are really missing at the stadium, but are always close and supportive. As I have said many times, our future is today: we must be focused and determined, be united and play as one. We are at the begining of an extraordinary path. If we keep working this way, we will grow and be more and more competitive.?

YellowNegligibleAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
To be honest i trust maldini and boban more than him, they got us 2 wc beaters with cheap prices as in theo and benacer, plus i dont really like our targets other than sobs im not that convinced of the targets.

Anyway i hope that emerson royal BS is ofr.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Fuck life this is horrible

Literally ruined my day. I really hate this trash club

Congrats to idiots. :lol:

This club is clueless.

Since fucking February!! Bloody hell
All this because this bald fraud had the team playing well for 8matches. Not even as good compared to his 9wins at inter

Only idiots did not see this coming from a mile away.
This is modern AC Milan. Absolute banter club

And fuck so called italian legends, they talk shit from side like they are some fucking philoshophers. Fuck even Capello, he is like with one leg in a frikin grave :fp::lol:

I wish I never saw that 2002/2003 champions league season

Most stupid club in the world.

This club is so rotten

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Clown club...italian morons

Official Banter era 3.0 boys.

Doomed club!

image.jpg%3Ff%3Ddetail_558%26h%3D720%26w%3D1280%26%24p%24f%24h%24w%3Dd5eb06a

milan wins, RnB cries

WHEN THEY GONNA STOP BREAKING MY HEARTTTTTTTTTTT

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazidis: ?I am delighted with this agreement. Stefano has shown he can deliver the vision of football we have for our club - exciting, progressive and passionate. This is not a decision based on recent victories, but one based on how Stefano has built team spirit and unity of purpose, the way he has improved the performances of the individual players and the collective team. The way he [Pioli] has embraced our vision and the way he has represented himself and the club's values."

tenor.gif

Gazidis is such a sneaky salamander

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced.

Let's look at an optimistic take:

Boban got fired for saying Rangnick was signed. Could have meant a pre-contract agreement, but his wording was very specific about him being the next coach and director.

The statement from Rangnick's representative was very weirdly worded:

"AC Milan and Ralf Rangnick have agreed that it is not the right time at the moment and that there is no momentum for working together. Because of this and taking into account the good development and the results under coach Pioli, it was jointly decided that Ralf will not take on any role at AC Milan"

It implies that the only thing that's blocking the move is that it's not the right time because of how well the team is doing. Let's think about why this is.

Pioli is at his absolute peak in terms of reputation and sporting success with Milan. He's doing incredibly well right now and rightly deserves to be the manager for next season. Ralf taking over in August at the end of the season would be both very unfair to Pioli and also to Ralf. He would be basically handed a poisoned chalice. If he wins and continues the success of Pioli, then people will say it's Pioli's team. If he fails then people will say it was a mistake to drop Pioli. It's just a shitty situation. Nobody predicted how well we'd be doing after the lockdown.

Now lets look at the money. Pioli has a contract until summer 2021. There's talk now that it will be extended, and if it is extended then everything i'm saying here will be wrong. If Pioli is fired in August then Milan will still have to pay his salary for the year or negotiate a termination. So they're paying him no matter what. Rangnick has a contract with RB until summer 2021 also, and he needs to buy himself out of it to get out early.

The success of the team right now makes it less urgent for Ralf to take over. Keep Pioli in charge for next year. If he keeps winning, great. If not, then Ralf takes over and it would be a much better time to do that. Same for Maldini also, they would have paid his salary anyway, so why not just let him continue his work since he's doing great anyway.

This could just be wishful thinking of someone still in denial, but it seems reasonable to me. We're not in a hurry to make this transition and doing it in August with Pioli doing so incredibly well right now would be a disaster.

Edit: Lol just as I wrote that they signed Pioli to 2022....

Last edited:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Whats done is done. Now we hope for the best, somehow. Time will tell in this is the right choice or not.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so you spend all this time planning, cut ties with boban and almost maldini only to say fuck all that because a run of form after a fucking 4 month hiatus due to corona.

Cant make this shit up, modern milan is a fucking joke

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Wake up. We have been upper mid-table club for last 6-8 years playing Europa League with no sucess, having huge salaries without results, failing singnings one after another. Milan was giant club. Now its closer to be called fallen than giant again. With right managment we can rise again like Liverpool did but...i dont think we have right ppl in right place when they choose Pioli over Ragnick. Especially after Giampaolo fail.

I'm awake.
I see that we have a world class GK
A strong CB pairing, one of whom is probably in the top 20 CBs.
A LB that is the best attacking LB in football.
Bennacer and Kessie who are bossing it.
And a few players like Rebic and Hakan, that are proving their worth.

Lets see what Maldini can land us. I can't fault him too much. They didn't sell any of the stars last summer. They added Bennacer, Theo and Rebic, who's stock have risen incredibly. And wisely added experience in winter. Plus got rid of one dimensional players like Suso and Piatek in good deals.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
#ACMilan have scored more than a goal in nine consecutive Serie A games in a single season for their first time since 1964 (10). - Pioli's Milan beating records this season?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Man i am going to miss the team press youtube videos and rangnick pep talk on Skype.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Honestly, it was way hard to decide which way to go after having played some of the best football we have in a decade. Only time will tell if this was the right decision.

Now that we're sticking with Maldini and Pioli. I hope we renew Ibra, and continue this mix of Young and Experienced. Apparently even Begovic is offering something in the locker room.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
cheer up guys!! you will always have the beautiful ragnick commode era to look back on

source.gif

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
#Ibrahimovic: "La conferma di #Pioli? Non lo so, qua c'? una novit? ogni giorno"

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All we can do is hope Pioli is given the support he needs to build a top 4 side.

I’m disappointed but not surprised.

Also, what an idiot Boban is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule