30 sec rule

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Ok it's fine to have that rule with posting, but in a search it's really bad. Can you(do you think it's necessary) change it?

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. Searching is very heavy on the server.

Try any other forums. I'd say 90% of them have this rule in place.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
David said:
No. Searching is very heavy on the server.

Try any other forums. I'd say 90% of them have this rule in place.
Ok then. I don't know about these IT things so i trust you.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They have it on other forums, Milanfan in particular.

I had no idea that searching took a toll on the server. That's the first thing I do in various forums when I get online. Learn something new every day, I guess.

kataknakal said:
What does that mean?

Those are the posts that drive me batty.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lol I thought it was a new soccer rule, a player can't lie on the field more than 30 secs even if he breaks his leg... I'm familiar with this rule BMW, no worries, almost all the forums have it.

Leia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You're hust so lucky that it is only 30 sec. In Fenerbahçe forums, it must be like 150 sec. or more. Sometimes when so many members are online (just like 5.000), avatars and signatures are hidden, no searching available, no PMs, and the lsit of members is always disabled.

Pray you are just lucky.

rossoneroid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Leia said:
You're hust so lucky that it is only 30 sec. In Fenerbahçe forums, it must be like 150 sec. or more. Sometimes when so many members are online (just like 5.000), avatars and signatures are hidden, no searching available, no PMs, and the lsit of members is always disabled.

Pray you are just lucky.
Exactly, I was also a non-active member in my local forum community, and the forum has about more than 70,000 members and almost about 7,000 to 8,000 members are online in the same time and it is using the same VBulletin software too, the Search option were disabled byt the admin, sometimes the server is down too and often got a time-out request.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The BigSoccer.com forum recently disabled searches, but I can continue to do so since I still have the old link in my bookmarks.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
I hope that this forum won't be that popular.. It will lose its taste without PMs, searching, signatures or avatars..