German Bundesliga Thread

PatoRTW

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Pato Thiago.Silva Pirlo Abate Robinho
Aha Robben got injured again what a surprise but good on bayern for winning. Damn Dortmund had the game won, i still believe they will win the league but the penalty miss was cruical, yeah Goatez was great. Have you guys seen Nuremberg, they've on fire this year credit to them, they'll make europa league

Reaction score
that miss was just epic by freiburg (?)

I reckon if Bayern hadnt been knocked out buy fags then thye could have won the champions league, their team is quality

Of course I mean "hopefully Leverkusen's gonna lose* tomorrow" and not "is gonna lost" - sorry for that.

You mean the penalty kick? I actually missed that one. A friend called me and I went outside so missed the penalty kick and Freiburg's equalizer.

Ohhhhhhhhh and please don't remind me of that other game. It still hurts :(

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Ribery's been hitting some real nice form. Almost forgot how great a player he is.

Wish he was the one asking to league Bayern and Milan wanted. Not Robben (who is admittedly a great player but less the one we need)

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Of course I mean "hopefully Leverkusen's gonna lose* tomorrow" and not "is gonna lost" - sorry for that.

You mean the penalty kick? I actually missed that one. A friend called me and I went outside so missed the penalty kick and Freiburg's equalizer.

Ohhhhhhhhh and please don't remind me of that other game. It still hurts :(

Na i mean the one in open play, the shot was saved and the guy was practicually in front of open goal and he shot it wide

Reaction score
What a FANTASTIC own goal by Metzelder. I bet a former coach of Schalke's is laughing up his sleeve right now. Way to go!

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
As much as i think Dortmund will win the league this season. It will probably be tighter than was expected come the end of the season.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Borussia Dortmund Are Trying Too Hard To Play Like Barcelona - Franz Beckenbauer
German legend Franz Beckenbauer has voiced his opinion that Bundesliga table toppers Borussia Dortmund are trying too hard to play like Barcelona and have consequently collected only one point from their last two games.

"What caught my attention during Dortmund's 1-1 draw against Mainz was that they lack the consistency and simplicity in the final stages of the season," said Beckenbauer in his weekly column in Bild.

"They are playing way too complicated and need too many chances to find the net. Maybe they've been watching Barcelona too often."

Beckenbauer then advised Dortmund to start playing simple again and added that he understood head coach Juergen Klopp's frustration.

"They have to start playing simple again if they want to win the league title. The result of the match was also the main reason behind Klopp's outburst."

Dortmund still sit first in the Bundesliga table, but second placed Bayer Leverkusen have narrowed the gap to top spot to only seven points.

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Dortmund will still win it.

They have been overrated too much by pundits and journalists. Great young team in the making but not as good as their points total suggests.

Bayern have been shite, but when on form, I think they are a better team than Dortumund.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Style aside, i think BVB lack depth and maturity for next seasons CL. I can see them getting murdered against the big teams because their midfield is too lightweight and they attack isnt ready for the biggest stage.

Defensively they would survive but they have quite a few gaps to plug if they are to be a force to reckon with in Europe. Starting with attack, neither of their 2 main strikers (Barrios or Lewandowski) are ready to shine on the biggest stage and they should target 2 strikers this summer. One should be Klose, who is surely to leave Bayern on a bosman and the next one should be someone a bit younger with experience, a good option would be Bendtner, who has the talent to succeed but isnt getting enough time at Arsenal.

As for midfield, i can see Bender getting murdered against the European heavyweights, already seen him struggle in the EL, the CL is a debacle waiting to happen. Klopp should stop believing so much in his youngster and stop being Wenger-esque if he wants to continue to succeed. That midfield needs Sahin and next to him they need some steel, lots of players out there who are more than capable of providing this. The standout choices would be Lass Diarra, Cheikh Tiote, Marouane Fellaini and Gokhan Inler. Any of these could fill this void completely.

Last but not least would be the defense, which has been the best this season but Piszczek has looked shaky and isnt ready for the top level. Its better if they go for other shining right backs who are actually ready for the big time or they go for experience. Choices would be Andreas Beck, Uchida from struggling Schalke, VDW from Ajax, Guy Demel or try someone from another league.

IMO this is the kind of line up that could help BVB succeed in terms of both League and CL next season.

..................Klose/Bendtner

........Gotze.....Kagawa.....Kuba/Grosskrtz

..............Sahin......Lass/Tiote

Schmlzer..Hummels..Subotic..Beck

.................Weidenfeller

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I dont think Bendtner will help at all in this team, Kagawa is a good player. From this Borussia i really like goetze, subotic and hummels, in that order.

But like you said acmilan4ever, need to improve to play in europe.

Barrios will be out for long time??

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I dont think Bendtner will help at all in this team, Kagawa is a good player. From this Borussia i really like goetze, subotic and hummels, in that order.

But like you said acmilan4ever, need to improve to play in europe.

Barrios will be out for long time??

Not sure, Sonny B Williams will know but Barrios isnt that great. Hes decent at best.

I rate Vedad Ibisevic, Bendtner etc ahead of him.

Bendtner has loads of potential to succeed but whenever he plays for Arsenal he cant do well because of 2 simple reasons.

1) Their style doesnt suit him, hes like Dzeko who needs to be fed the ball in or near the box so he can finish it off.

2) His limited playing time will never get him the consistency and promise he showed at Birmingham. He was an out and out striker there and thats what he could be at Dortmund instead of Barrios.

It could work but i think they would favor Klose.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Not sure, Sonny B Williams will know but Barrios isnt that great. Hes decent at best.

I rate Vedad Ibisevic, Bendtner etc ahead of him.

Bendtner has loads of potential to succeed but whenever he plays for Arsenal he cant do well because of 2 simple reasons.

1) Their style doesnt suit him, hes like Dzeko who needs to be fed the ball in or near the box so he can finish it off.

2) His limited playing time will never get him the consistency and promise he showed at Birmingham. He was an out and out striker there and thats what he could be at Dortmund instead of Barrios.

It could work but i think they would favor Klose.

Ibisevic would be a good choice.

I think Bendtner is better than Ngog! :)

Rex

Reaction score
Style aside, i think BVB lack depth and maturity for next seasons CL. I can see them getting murdered against the big teams because their midfield is too lightweight and they attack isnt ready for the biggest stage.

Defensively they would survive but they have quite a few gaps to plug if they are to be a force to reckon with in Europe. Starting with attack, neither of their 2 main strikers (Barrios or Lewandowski) are ready to shine on the biggest stage and they should target 2 strikers this summer. One should be Klose, who is surely to leave Bayern on a bosman and the next one should be someone a bit younger with experience, a good option would be Bendtner, who has the talent to succeed but isnt getting enough time at Arsenal.

As for midfield, i can see Bender getting murdered against the European heavyweights, already seen him struggle in the EL, the CL is a debacle waiting to happen. Klopp should stop believing so much in his youngster and stop being Wenger-esque if he wants to continue to succeed. That midfield needs Sahin and next to him they need some steel, lots of players out there who are more than capable of providing this. The standout choices would be Lass Diarra, Cheikh Tiote, Marouane Fellaini and Gokhan Inler. Any of these could fill this void completely.

Last but not least would be the defense, which has been the best this season but Piszczek has looked shaky and isnt ready for the top level. Its better if they go for other shining right backs who are actually ready for the big time or they go for experience. Choices would be Andreas Beck, Uchida from struggling Schalke, VDW from Ajax, Guy Demel or try someone from another league.

IMO this is the kind of line up that could help BVB succeed in terms of both League and CL next season.

..................Klose/Bendtner

........Gotze.....Kagawa.....Kuba/Grosskrtz

..............Sahin......Lass/Tiote

Schmlzer..Hummels..Subotic..Beck

.................Weidenfeller

Nicely read. I think Dortmund can manage to compete in CL though, perhaps football pundit sees the experience may write them off but I'd say it's not about being the champion, it's about the continual atmosphere and experience of Die Borussen they will get and feel it. They could be dark horse side that would have shocked their opponents while displaying an attractive attacking football that get accustomed with, and one more thing consistency matters. The future is bright for them. :)

Rex

Reaction score

They have been overrated too much by pundits and journalists. Great young team in the making but not as good as their points total suggests.

Bayern have been shite, but when on form, I think they are a better team than Dortumund.

Bayern's currently problem is defense leaking. Some of 'the established' defensive players-type had been kicked out of the roster door and are changed with the fresh looks that has to learn much more. It's risk policy they make in terms of experience things shoud've considered, but rationally keep on rejuvenating the squad during time goes on.

On last paragraph, I second that. Plus statistically spoken, Bayern are far better than Die Borussen.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nicely read. I think Dortmund can manage to compete in CL though, perhaps football pundit sees the experience may write them off but I'd say it's not about being the champion, it's about the continual atmosphere and experience of Die Borussen they will get and feel it. They could be dark horse side that would have shocked their opponents while displaying an attractive attacking football that get accustomed with, and one more thing consistency matters. The future is bright for them. :)

Your right about them being possible dark horses and also about their bright future but as we've seen down the years that Arsenal have struggled when in 3 to 4 competitions because of their lack of maturity and players with experience.

Even Wenger conceded this and went out and signed more players with experience and thats exactly what Dortmund should do, im not saying they should completely replace their successful base, just saying to add more steel to the midfield and a striker with experience and European pedigree.

If they manage to add Klose and player X for midfield, they will be much stronger and definately a surprise force to reckon with. No doubt they are on their way back to join the German Elite but they cant rest on their League laurels, they must progress in Europe as well.

Agreed that Bayern have been poor but thats because they havent really been able to replace Lucio. Breno came and brought a lot of promise with him but hes not been able to live up to the expectation and there are strong talks that he and Toni Kroos will go to Dortmund for Mario Gotze.

Bayern also have a GK issue, Butt is past it but he can still perform as a deputy though i dont rate Kraft. Their ex GK Rensing is performing wonderfully now but BM do need a better Keeper. Im sold on them signing Manuel Neuer this summer, Magath was trying to stop him but he himself isnt at Schalke anymore so i think its safe to say that this move will take place.

As for defense, there are talks that Bayern are going to lock horns with Real Madrid for Simon Kjaer, if hes smart then he will take the BM option as at RM he will probably warm the bench and waste his talent like Albiol. Another possibility could be the long term target Per Mertesacker, whose club Bremen looks like they will survive the reason but they will be far from happy with their performances.

Bayern will also probably sign an AM, possibly Xherdan Shaqiri from Basel or as i mentioned before Gotze but they should actually look at players willing to change clubs. I would also recommend a move to bring back Michael Ballack who is sure to leave Leverkusen.

They could have a much stronger line up come next season but it will all depend on who they appoint. IMO it will either be Heykness or club fav Otmar Hitzfeld.

Last edited:

Rex

Reaction score
I think Kraft is getting better. He is potentially could be as world class as Neuer being.

He just given faith and consistently playing on the goalie. If Neuer joins the Bavarian side, Kraft's talent will be wasted.

Concerning successor Van Gaal next season, I was dreaming of Frank Rijkaard's touch. :)

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Dortmund need three quality signings to make it out of the group ..RB,CM,ST ....in that order ...

Rb is rather obvious ,because piszcek is pathetic ,no more than a squad player..dunno if Beck would leave Hoff. he is captain after all ....

...CM as backup to Nuri ..
.Kehl is returning and could substitute Bender whilst Nuri has no quality back up ....might be far fetched and depends on wages ,but David Pizarro maybe? heard he was going to be on a free or wanted out ? ...anyway perfect signing ,experience,intelligence and could come at a good price

.....ACM4Ever ...I think you are underrating Bender...New Van Bommel perhaps?....watch him closely ..tactical fouls ...hard tackling,more than capable passer....he has what it takes ,the potential is there ....Plus Dortmunds CMs are well supported in the team ...the wingers often help in pressing the ball in the middle which leaves the FB's isolated ..resulting in 1v1/2v1...most of the time against piszcek...Piszcek is too dumb to position himself properly ....If they really want to spend money ...S.Rudy from Hoffenheim is looking good

last but not least ...striker .....If Barrios does leave ...I would like Marcus Berg to make a move to Dortmund ....He hasn't been given the right environment to flourish ...He'd fit perfectly into Dortmund's system .....He is a BGP:star: and his record in Europe is impressive ...he is clinical aswell+he is also able to assist others ...not entirely sure what the deal is with Hamburg ,but i don't think he'd be that expensive

If they have some $$$ left they should buy a new RW(Reus :o) and buy out lewandowski's contract...guy disgusts me ...I'd rather promote the Daniel Ginczek ...good prospect ...only 19 ....wunderkind

Last edited:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Dortmund do have depth issues hence them not playing quite so well come the end of the season. I do expect them to invest though during the next transfer window.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
What`s with Sahin lately?Does he need a rest?He fucked up a lot of chances/plays, in recent matches.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dortmund need three quality signings to make it out of the group ..RB,CM,ST ....in that order ...

Rb is rather obvious ,because piszcek is pathetic ,no more than a squad player..dunno if Beck would leave Hoff. he is captain after all ....

...CM as backup to Nuri ..
.Kehl is returning and could substitute Bender whilst Nuri has no quality back up ....might be far fetched and depends on wages ,but David Pizarro maybe? heard he was going to be on a free or wanted out ? ...anyway perfect signing ,experience,intelligence and could come at a good price

.....ACM4Ever ...I think you are underrating Bender...New Van Bommel perhaps?....watch him closely ..tactical fouls ...hard tackling,more than capable passer....he has what it takes ,the potential is there ....Plus Dortmunds CMs are well supported in the team ...the wingers often help in pressing the ball in the middle which leaves the FB's isolated ..resulting in 1v1/2v1...most of the time against piszcek...Piszcek is too dumb to position himself properly ....If they really want to spend money ...S.Rudy from Hoffenheim is looking good

last but not least ...striker .....If Barrios does leave ...I would like Marcus Berg to make a move to Dortmund ....He hasn't been given the right environment to flourish ...He'd fit perfectly into Dortmund's system .....He is a BGP:star: and his record in Europe is impressive ...he is clinical aswell+he is also able to assist others ...not entirely sure what the deal is with Hamburg ,but i don't think he'd be that expensive

If they have some $$$ left they should buy a new RW(Reus :o) and buy out lewandowski's contract...guy disgusts me ...I'd rather promote the Daniel Ginczek ...good prospect ...only 19 ....wunderkind

Few points,

1) Beck will probably leave Hoff, Bayern, Juventus, Milan, Spanish teams, Mancity etc are after him.

Biggest hint for BM was that they are moving Lahm to the left and planning to sign a 'German' RB.

2) Pizarro would be a great signing but highly doubt it will happen, doesnt fit the 'type' of a Klopp signing :tongue:

3) Please dont liken Bender to Boss, as i said, hes good enough for the Bundesliga but not good enough for the biggest stage at Europe. (i've watched him struggle against some of the EL opponents earlier this season) Trust me he isnt ready nor is this team. Bender has the potential to succeed though, just think they need more steel in that midfield if Sahin is gonna be the creator in chief.

4) LOL at Marcus Berg, the guy couldnt really make it at HSV, you really think he will do better at Dortmund? I still think your better off with Bendtner, watch his goals at B'ham and you will see that he would be a good fit for you guys. Klose is a must buy, you need the experience and about 4 strikers, you've got 2 decent ones now. I like Luiz Adriano of Shakhtar and Artem Milevski of Dynamo Kiev, also Mounir El Hamdaoui is a good choice as he is probably leaving Ajax at the end of the season.

I think Kraft is getting better. He is potentially could be as world class as Neuer being.

He just given faith and consistently playing on the goalie. If Neuer joins the Bavarian side, Kraft's talent will be wasted.

Concerning successor Van Gaal next season, I was dreaming of Frank Rijkaard's touch. :)

Kraft has said that if Bayern get Neuer that he will join Schalke, so i think Bayern might do this deal. Everyday im reading some new report that is showing that BM are edging closer to him.

As for the new coach, Rijkaard is a long shot, though he would be better than most other choices.

Last edited:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Few points,

1) Beck will probably leave Hoff, Bayern, Juventus, Milan, Spanish teams, Mancity etc are after him.

Biggest hint for BM was that they are moving Lahm to the left and planning to sign a 'German' RB.

2) Pizarro would be a great signing but highly doubt it will happen, doesnt fit the 'type' of a Klopp signing :tongue:

3) Please dont liken Bender to Boss, as i said, hes good enough for the Bundesliga but not good enough for the biggest stage at Europe. (i've watched him struggle against some of the EL opponents earlier this season) Trust me he isnt ready nor is this team. Bender has the potential to succeed though, just think they need more steel in that midfield if Sahin is gonna be the creator in chief.

4) LOL at Marcus Berg, the guy couldnt really make it at HSV, you really think he will do better at Dortmund? I still think your better off with Bendtner, watch his goals at B'ham and you will see that he would be a good fit for you guys. Klose is a must buy, you need the experience and about 4 strikers, you've got 2 decent ones now. I like Luiz Adriano of Shakhtar and Artem Milevski of Dynamo Kiev, also Mounir El Hamdaoui is a good choice as he is probably leaving Ajax at the end of the season.

Firstly : I'm not a Dortmund fan ...."your""you guys" :thumbsdown:.... I'm a :star:GOETZE:proud: and :proud:NURI:star: fanboy ..thats it ;)

1.) Out of all those clubs you mentioned ..where would he get playing time???? perhaps Bayern /Jube,but I don't see it .....don't think Dortmund can compete financially with those clubs anyway

2)I don't know where you get this .."Klopp is a wenger-wannabe " theory but thats not true ....The best team at Dortmund just so happens to be extremely youthfull ...look at his career he never had a distinct fetish for youngsters as you make it out to be ...most of the veterans are there ,but have been out for long spells ...I have no doubt in my mind that he would've started older players if they were better and available ...He chooses the best team, according to him, regardless of age ...In short i highly doubt the Pizarro transfer would happen...would be great signing if it happened

3) Dortmunds problems in the EL were because they couldn't break down teams ..you don't have to further than the fact that a grand total of one goal was scored by a CF out of the 10 the did..(7 of which came in two games) ......dunno in what way Bender struggled ?...(Good read btw)....The midfield was probably one of the bright spots ...the wingers and CF+RB were terrible ....please don't call van bommel Boss :thumbsdown:....inter have closed the gap to two :proud: ...

4)
LOL at Marcus Berg, the guy couldnt really make it at HSV, you really think he will do better at Dortmund?

LOL at yourself dude , Is that not the same logic you used for Benchner?

a good option would be Bendtner, who has the talent to succeed but isnt getting enough time at Arsenal.

benchner not getting enough time ??? Are you kidding me ? how long has he been at arsenal ..last year alone he got 1229 min and 23 starts ...playing 18 full games +he would have played more had he not been injured...Berg got 1575 min 30 starts playing 14 full games ....Bendtner was in his,what,5 season in the prem ..Berg 1st year in bundesliga ...did you even watch him last season ...he was poor but hamburg didn't suit him ...exact same case with Bendtner ...But in the end of the day Dortmund need a clinical finisher

Benchner:
For club teams:

Shots:shots on target
2.2:1
Shots:goals
5.8:1
Shots on target:goals
2.7:1

Overall record:

2:1
5.5:1
2.7:1

Berg :
For club teams:

1.8:1
3:1
1.5:1

Overall record

1.8:1
2.4:1
1.4:1

:eek:;)

Berg has got the talent :thumbsup:

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
And Bendtner even more, I'm surprised ACM4E rate him.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And Bendtner even more, I'm surprised ACM4E rate him.

Sort of, he's very good outside the box, it's his finishing and the fact he's not a winger that makes him look worse than he is, I bet if Arsenal played 4-4-2 you'd see a different player.

He's capable of great things, just nowhere near often enough

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Sort of, he's very good outside the box, it's his finishing and the fact he's not a winger that makes him look worse than he is, I bet if Arsenal played 4-4-2 you'd see a different player.

He's capable of great things, just nowhere near often enough

agreed. He reminds me to a degree of berbatov and ibrahimovic. Obviously that's lofty, but i mean it in this sense... just cause he's 190+cm and a CF doesn't mean he's a target man....

Not to say he isn't flawed but he doesn't play like a solo CF like say torres or higuain do

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Firstly : I'm not a Dortmund fan ...."your""you guys" :thumbsdown:.... I'm a :star:GOETZE:proud: and :proud:NURI:star: fanboy ..thats it ;)

Ohh okay, i thought you were a fan as well. My bad.

1.) Out of all those clubs you mentioned ..where would he get playing time???? perhaps Bayern /Jube,but I don't see it .....don't think Dortmund can compete financially with those clubs anyway

Gonna keep things short as time is of the essence. I read an article not too long ago that they are on the road to making a decent amount at the end of the financial year and also CL qualification itself can sponsor a top signing if needed...

As i mentioned to you, BM are planning to vacate the RB as Lahm is going to play at LB. Surely if you were the manager you'd start Beck over any other at BM.

Dont get started with Juve, any new signing specially at fullbacks would get the nod to start. Stop being so ignorant bro ;)

2)I don't know where you get this .."Klopp is a wenger-wannabe " theory but thats not true ....The best team at Dortmund just so happens to be extremely youthfull ...look at his career he never had a distinct fetish for youngsters as you make it out to be ...most of the veterans are there ,but have been out for long spells ...I have no doubt in my mind that he would've started older players if they were better and available ...He chooses the best team, according to him, regardless of age ...In short i highly doubt the Pizarro transfer would happen...would be great signing if it happened

3) Dortmunds problems in the EL were because they couldn't break down teams ..you don't have to further than the fact that a grand total of one goal was scored by a CF out of the 10 the did..(7 of which came in two games) ......dunno in what way Bender struggled ?...(Good read btw)....The midfield was probably one of the bright spots ...the wingers and CF+RB were terrible ....please don't call van bommel Boss :thumbsdown:....inter have closed the gap to two :proud: ...

Sammer itself said that Klopp is becoming Obsessed with youth and this could lead to his downfall. Klopp himself stated to continue to producing youth players and that this is the way forward. Just y'day i posted an article where
the Kaiser himself is condemning Dortmunds style to Barca's.

If he isnt taking a Wenger esque approach then you tell me what approach it is?

As for Bender, we will have to wait and see because you clearly didnt watch most of the EL games or maybe you did but didnt analyze players other than Sahin and Gotze ;)

Bender is a young beast next to the beauty of Sahin but there are beats far worse out there in the CL ready and waiting to eat this midfield up, mark my words.

4) LOL at yourself dude , Is that not the same logic you used for Benchner?

benchner not getting enough time ??? Are you kidding me ? how long has he been at arsenal ..last year alone he got 1229 min and 23 starts ...playing 18 full games +he would have played more had he not been injured...Berg got 1575 min 30 starts playing 14 full games ....Bendtner was in his,what,5 season in the prem ..Berg 1st year in bundesliga ...did you even watch him last season ...he was poor but hamburg didn't suit him ...exact same case with Bendtner ...But in the end of the day Dortmund need a clinical finisher

Forget the stats for a minute, exactly which Elite team has Berg featured for and scored against big teams?

Has he performed at the biggest stage of Europe? Obvious you would want a player with experience to lead you in the CL else it defeats the purpose of replacing Barrios and Lewandowski.

Perhaps your right that Hamburg didnt suit him and all but do you really think he can lead Dortmund in the CL?

Im only saying Bendtner coz he will probably leave Arsenal this summer. For the record, i'd take Bendtner any day over Berg, my opinion.

Schedule