All About Music

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Faяouk said:
Anybody watched the 7/7/07 global warming concert? I've seen some parts and all I can say is that I just liked the pussycat dolls :tongue:

I sure enjoyed Shakira :)
Mostly I checked every artist in Londen, Wembley. I was waiting for The Peppers all day long. I'm such a die-hard :rolleyes:

John Frusciante, my legend

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
^^ ;) but don't forget Flea who's awesome as well, I prefer them playing together rather than alone

in their concert I was located just in front of where John was playing and moving around
one of the best days of my life :star:

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
pipa said:
Marilyn Manson with his new album "Eat me, Drink me" ... was listening to it last night. Not something I was expecting .. way too much love in it.
MM's new works aren't like the old ones.. I mean the ones before Antichrist Superstar. That performance slump comes with the time effects all singers & bands. Bad.

Heart-Shaped Glasses is the best song in the album IMO.

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Are you Jimmy Ray? -Jimmy Ray (from the album titled...you guessed it...Jimmy Ray!!! :D)

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Faith No More anyone?

Mike Patton's got one of the best and most versatile voices in the business, imo.

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
red&black_fever said:
Faith No More anyone?

Mike Patton's got one of the best and most versatile voices in the business, imo.
I use to listen "take this bottle" & "evidence" they are just great.FNM is one of my favourite Alternative rock band.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone likes Tom Waits or Talk Talk or Nick Cave?

I know enough DM fans here, so maybe it's time to pass to the other artists, LOL :tongue:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
red&black_fever said:
OK, who do you all think have the best voice in the rock? My pick will be Freddie Mercury of Queen. This guy is good enough to sing in a serious choir. Next in line for me will be Eddie Vedder and Bono. Just love their masculine voices.

Yours?

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agree on Freddie Mercury
I add Robert Plant and Steven Tyler

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
Creed

I think Scott Stapp-Creed is best voice ever existed.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Interpol, anyone?

Evil

Slow Hands

Obstacle 1

C'mere

The Heinrich Maneuver

The Scale (just music, no video)

Rest my Chemistry (Music, not the music video)

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
OK, who do you all think have the best voice in the rock? My pick will be Freddie Mercury of Queen. This guy is good enough to sing in a serious choir. Next in line for me will be Eddie Vedder and Bono. Just love their masculine voices.

Yours?
The best voice ever is Layne Staley's, you can't argue with that...

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
gaizka22 said:

Yours?
1. Meatloaf (love the way his haunting songs match his voice perfectly)
2. Mercury/Tyler
3. Brian Johnson (ACDC)

Never been too fond of Plant's voice. I've even occasionally been thru the school of thought that all Zeppelin songs would be better off without any lyrics at all, just pure instrumentals with Page's guitars.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
gaizka22 said:

Yours?
AXL

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
albion tifo said:
I think Scott Stapp-Creed is best voice ever existed.
All due respect to him, but his voice is waaaay too similar to Eddie Vedder's voice. This fact was parodied in the "Celebrity Death Match" in MTV :D

radioactivenerd said:
Never been too fond of Plant's voice. I've even occasionally been thru the school of thought that all Zeppelin songs would be better off without any lyrics at all, just pure instrumentals with Page's guitars.

For me Plant's voice is probably the most underappreciated factor in Led Zep's music. I mean his voice is quite a rarity. He's able to reach that high note without faltering. Truly love his voice.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
He's very versatile, can reach those low bass deep note all the way to the screeching scream. But never really liked his voice. Too nasal. For me Sebastian Bach's voice is better.

The worst for me : Billy Corgan :D

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
gaizka22 said:

Yours?

rock ? silverchair ftw ;)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Hard one Gaizka, its between Axl, Eddie Vedder, Steven Tyler, Freddie Mercury, Joe Elliot and Bono for me.

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
axl brought a new sound to hair metal.

as for guns n roses, the most unappreciated talent, the most overlooked talent, and probably the most talented one was izzy stradlin.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:

Yours?
Not rock, but hear Dave Gahan singing folks. Frontman of Depeche Mode who sings the 80% of the songs of the band.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
You all should be ashamed not mentioning Layne Staley as best singer

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
teis said:
You all should be ashamed not mentioning Layne Staley as best singer
We shouldn't, he was good but not the best.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
albion tifo said:
We shouldn't, he was good but not the best.
He WAS the best, just listen to his voice, it's amazing...

But you can't argue about interest and preferences off course. But imo, nobody else even comes close, and I know all the singers mentioned so far.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I Feel You is an electronic rock song from DM's Songs Of Faith And Devotion album [1993], from the band's lunatic years, not the perfect song to introduce DM as it's a little bit different from the band's general music style [though most people who like rock, like it too], but here you go :

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
snn said:
I Feel You is an electronic rock song from DM's Songs Of Faith And Devotion album [1993], from the band's lunatic years, not the perfect song to introduce DM as it's a little bit different from the band's general music style [though most people who like rock, like it too], but here you go :

I love Placebo cover of it. As well as the original. But my favourite DM is Barrel of a Gun(Ultra album is the best IMO as well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yULYoX50a4

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^ Ultra is the first album of DM without Alan Wilder. 1997. Lyrics of the all songs in the album are simply superior. All DM lyrics are fantastic [songwriter Martin L. Gore has an award for his] but Ultra is the album that lyrics are unqiue. But the sound could be much better with Wilder. If Alan was there when the album was being recorded, it would be simply the best album ever. But without Alan, Violator [1990] is. ;)

And with Ultra, DM has entered a maturity & calmness era, after 5 years full of alcohol, sex, drugs, intense tour programmes [Devotional, YAY!], sicknesses, tiredness, suicide attempts and rehabs. We can see that tranquility in the songs. :)

And Barrel Of A Gun is one of the best songs in Ultra. Nice choice :)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
snn said:
5 years full of alcohol, sex, drugs, intense tour programmes [Devotional, YAY!], sicknesses, tiredness, suicide attempts and rehabs. We can see that tranquility in the songs. :)

That's what 'Barrel of a Gun' is all about. The defining song of the album I would vote as their best.

Did you know the fact that they are the group with most top 40(UK) hits that hasn't achieved the top spot? I may have heard it here, may have heard it elsewhere.

Edit And to add trivia they've been in Estonia 2 times. And there's a bar in Tallinn called 'Depesche Mode' tribute to the band. And I know it's owner through my sister.

Last edited:

Schedule