Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We still pay Montella as far as I know, bringing a coach back is not that uncommon in Italy.

Gattuso deserves more time than one match though.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
We still pay Montella as far as I know, bringing a coach back is not that uncommon in Italy.

Gattuso deserves more time than one match though.

No he actually doesn't, he has done fuck all to deserve this job. Given his credentials as a coach, we should avoid him like the plague.

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
No he actually doesn't, he has done fuck all to deserve this job. Given his credentials as a coach, we should avoid him like the plague.

So Sacchi and Capello were also not deserving? Give the guy a chance even if he can't coach at all. The damage has been done already so who cares? Just change the focus to EL like MANU and hope for the best.As Sacchi said "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first".

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
So Sacchi and Capello were also not deserving? Give the guy a chance even if he can't coach at all. The damage has been done already so who cares? Just change the focus to EL like MANU and hope for the best.As Sacchi said "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first".

Here's a brief description of Sacchi's early career:

Early coaching career[edit]
Sacchi had grown up watching attacking sides, such as Budapest Honvéd, Real Madrid, Brazil and the Netherlands. He started his career managing his local club, Baracca Lugo, because he was not good enough to play for them. Of the challenge he faced, Sacchi said, "I was twenty-six, my goalkeeper was thirty-nine and my centre-forward was thirty-two. I had to win them over." He next coached at Bellaria before joining Cesena, who were in the Serie B as a youth team coach. He then took over at Rimini who were playing in the Serie C1, and almost led them to a title.

He received his breakthrough when he moved to Fiorentina as a youth coach. His achievements with the youth team earned interest from Parma, who were then playing in Serie C1. He led Parma to promotion in his first season, and in the following season took them to within 3 points of promotion to Serie A. Of greater importance to his time at Parma, however, was the team's performance in the Coppa Italia; they beat Milan 1–0 in the group stages, and beat them again 1–0 on aggregate in the first knockout round. This was enough to attract interest from Milan club owner Silvio Berlusconi, who promptly appointed Sacchi as manager.[7]

Gatusso failed and got the sack after a string of shite results at 4 clubs so far. Also on the who cares part, i guess not the management otherwise they wouldn't have appointed Gattuso just cause he was a great Milan player.

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
Come down over Gattuso.
Milan are in delicate moments and am confident whoever comes here cant change the things over night.
No great coach will takeover at this stage this team which are in desperate needs of results.

Milan at this moment are а double-edged sword for everyone.

Last edited:

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
All this talk about formations and tactics seem pointless when it's the basics this team can't get right for such a long time. We've never transitioned from the Ancelotti era. There is still this smell of entitlement around this club even after such a long time of almost constant embarassment. Like being the great AC Milan means you dont have to work as hard as others and like past glorys would mean anything when stepping on the pitch against some team that never came close to the same success. There is more wrong with this club then just the players and the coaches, the formation and the tactics. It's like a mist of delusion left behind from B&G era and everybody seems to notice but nobody can grasp it.

I did see some statistics today and again we are the second worst team based on kilometers run per game in the league. That has been the case for years now. We are simply not working hard enough to be successful and no coach seems to be able to change that.

Maybe Gattuso can do something about that, altough I'm not optimistic I'm also not half as pessimistic as most of the forum about him. There is more about being a coach than having tactical knowledge and I believe to break this spell the team is under for some time know you have to do something that maybe has nothing to do with football at all.

In hindsight I believe Seedorf did grasp the bigger picture in his time as a coach here and tried to do something about it, even though his approach was questionable and unauspicious considering the great ruler still being at the club at the time, I believe we need something similar, a shock theraphy in some kind of form. I don't know tbh maybe we just need to suffer longer before we can return to being successful.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
anyone can 100% guarantee that montella would have won against benevento?
Yes or no?

0-0

His name should never be mentioned again

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
i liked that he wasn't smiling like a crackwhore during his interview

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I did see some statistics today and again we are the second worst team based on kilometers run per game in the league. That has been the case for years now. We are simply not working hard enough to be successful and no coach seems to be able to change that.

Not second worst, the worst.
The Km Run avg on Team Statistics is clearly flawed since it goes up and down by sometimes 10km, and Torino clearly run way more than us if you look at the Match Reports for each game.

It has to do with the players we choose to build around. Our distance covered will jump to normal levels if you replace Suso, Abate and Bona(and skip 2CF systems).

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Just waiting to see him slap a player. It's gonna happen soon enough.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
second worst alre4ady under Gattuso
worst under Montella

105km is not that bad, considering Roma's red, and Suso, Bona and Abate all appearing.
But Benevento, and the game being alive until the end, pushed it up as well.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Come down over Gattuso.
Milan are in delicate moments and am confident whoever comes here cant change the things over night.
No great coach will takeover at this stage this team which are in desperate needs of results.

Milan at this moment are а double-edged sword for everyone.

Agreed completely. nobody can change milan this season right now, but maybe after a few weeks we may see progress. We just keep switching coaches left and right and it gives inconsistency in the coach, the startingn lineup, the style of play... and all with a ton of new players who are struggling to find consistency themselves and mesh with one another. Honestly the best thing we can do at this point right now is field the best 11 and keep running it.

And honestly, forget this 3 man backline if it's not producing results, fuck bonucci, if he can't adapt to a 4 man line then he is no professional

-----------------------------------------Donnarumma------------------------------
Bori(conti when healed)---Bonucci/Musac--------Romagno---------------Rodrig
------------------------------------Kessie---------Locatelli-------------------------
--------------------Suso-------------------------------------------Bonaventura----
----------------------------------Silva----------------Cutrone----------------------

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Definitely, selling a 19yo (!) CDM who is already able to perform in one of the most demanding leagues for young players and defensive players is just beyond stupid.

agreed but it is not above milan to do repeatedly ******ed things

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed completely. nobody can change milan this season right now, but maybe after a few weeks we may see progress. We just keep switching coaches left and right and it gives inconsistency in the coach, the startingn lineup, the style of play... and all with a ton of new players who are struggling to find consistency themselves and mesh with one another. Honestly the best thing we can do at this point right now is field the best 11 and keep running it.

And honestly, forget this 3 man backline if it's not producing results, fuck bonucci, if he can't adapt to a 4 man line then he is no professional

-----------------------------------------Donnarumma------------------------------
------------------------------------Kessie---------Locatelli-------------------------
--------------------Suso-------------------------------------------Bonaventura----
----------------------------------Silva----------------Cutrone----------------------

And who is going to pass to Silva and Cutrone or play the ball quick. We all know that Suso and Jack are slow builders.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

I would make 2 adjustments but keep the same formation.

I would drop Jack and play Borini left mid, and play Abate or Calabria at right back, and would play Montolivo over Locatelli

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Did anyone expect Gattuso to turn it around in 2-3 games? If you did then stop following this game, it's not for you.

No coach, if not world class, would've been able to do so and that's why I was against sacking Montella if he wasn't going to be replaced with quality. This is a newly assembled first XI, it's gonna take its time.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Did anyone expect Gattuso to turn it around in 2-3 games? If you did then stop following this game, it's not for you.

No coach, if not world class, would've been able to do so and that's why I was against sacking Montella if he wasn't going to be replaced with quality. This is a newly assembled first XI, it's gonna take its time.

Seedorf did :proud: ... that too with zero experience in management :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
this why I said I'd rather have montella extend his contract over hiring gattuso

he's going to be sacked by February at the latest.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
He could literally not have been given a better moment to step in and acclimatize with the anti montella sentiment and games vs 0 pts benevento and el farmers..

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, i wont hate him no matter what. He will always be a legend for me.
Anyway, its true we cannot judge him after 2 games, and the last one being meaningless.. but still, we cant say this is a good start at all, actually the worst possible :D

One thing is sure, i enjoy his post game interviews like 20 times more than Montella's. He blames himself and the players, not saying everything is good while its clear it is not.
Also the things he said so far about Andre Silva, are exactly my thoughts and i said it before, so im glad about that too :)

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a coach talks after the game is quite meaningless though, actually in the long run it´s often better to talk nonsense than talking too much about the players.
Most good coaches try to shield them from unnecessary attention, giving the press information at a press conference is inviting them to come after players and make the environment of the club even more unstable.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So is it meaningless or not ? :)

I agree its probably better to defend them in media. However, it still doesnt change the fact i enjoy Rino's way more :)

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso made one fatal mistake.
He thought that the problem of the team was in the effort and physical level.
But it certainly wasn't that way.

Against Benevento and Rjeka everyone ran like crazy. :lol:

But we still had 0 team play and team chemistry.
It seems like Gattuso's focus on the effort even made things worse.

The team looks like a random 11 players who have never played with each other before.

Funnily enough, when the team is compact and well set up, you don't even have to run that much.
Compact team always makes up for individual mistakes.