Week 27: Milan vs Inter - 04/04/2018 - 18:30 CET

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso has done a great job, IMO. Montella is almost solely responsible for Milan’s failure to qualify for the Champions League. He mailed it in and put the club behind the eight ball.

That we ever had the slimmest chance to qualify was down to Gattuso essentially willing the club forward. Is he a good long term solution? I don’t know, but there appears to be much bigger issues facing the club than who the manager is next season.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
What facts?

multiple people can say the sky is green, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Its a forum, not a conformity camp.

winning 16 games and beating arsenal is not legendary no. winning EL, and the coppa italia and securing champions league spot would be excellent.

it seems your easily pleased. maybe if Milan win the next 8 games you will ask for a statue of Gattuso to be built in Milan :eek:

Time spent talking to you is time wasted.

The turnaround under Gattuso has been clearly observable and remarkable - that's a fact displayed by a much higher amount of points earned once he took over, not a mere opinion.

Winning 16 games and beating Arsenal with this squad after Montella destroyed the team would have been absolutely insane. The work and effect of Gattuso is so obvious since it drove people to delusional beliefs.

If Gattuso leads us to 8 victories in our next 8 games, I will absolutely impressed. Nobody asked for statues, don't be ridiculous - oh wait, that's your entire shtick.

Man,I gotta say, my heart is just too good. I always tell myself I won't waste more time with you but I always want to help to educate you despite your obvious mental limitations :head:

Gattuso has done a great job, IMO. Montella is almost solely responsible for Milan’s failure to qualify for the Champions League. He mailed it in and put the club behind the eight ball.

That we ever had the slimmest chance to qualify was down to Gattuso essentially willing the club forward. Is he a good long term solution? I don’t know, but there appears to be much bigger issues facing the club than who the manager is next season.

Yup, we should take every opportunity to grab stability where we can. Extending Gattuso is a great opportunity to do so.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i have no idea what gattuso is being criticized for. we drew against a better team who are above us in the table.

we also only have like 8-9 decent players. What tactics are you talking about? it's not like he has infinite combinations to choose from when picking the starting 11, it picks itself.

the defence is solid.
mirabelli's transfer strategy from the summer has been poor.
there is nobody to bring off the bench.
the team has a strong chance of qualifying for EL which is our standard right now.
hes been in the job for 4 months.

whiny bitches. take a day off please or be a bit more reasonable

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Time spent talking to you is time wasted.

The turnaround under Gattuso has been clearly observable and remarkable - that's a fact displayed by a much higher amount of points earned once he took over, not a mere opinion.

Winning 16 games and beating Arsenal with this squad after Montella destroyed the team would have been absolutely insane. The work and effect of Gattuso is so obvious since it drove people to delusional beliefs.

If Gattuso leads us to 8 victories in our next 8 games, I will absolutely impressed. Nobody asked for statues, don't be ridiculous - oh wait, that's your entire shtick.

Man,I gotta say, my heart is just too good. I always tell myself I won't waste more time with you but I always want to help to educate you despite your obvious mental limitations :head:

Yup, we should take every opportunity to grab stability where we can. Extending Gattuso is a great opportunity to do so.

ok you have your opinion and i have mine, you result to personal attacks nearly every time you talk but thats ok i am a patient man.

these are our remaining games below. If gattuso slips up against a team other than juve and napoli I will consider him average. you will consider him great. so lets agree to disagree.

Sunday 8th April
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
19:45
Sassuolo

Sunday 15th April
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
14:00
Napoli

Wednesday 18th April
Italian Serie A
Torino
AC Milan

Saturday 21st April
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
Benevento

Sunday 29th April
Italian Serie A
Bologna
AC Milan

Saturday 5th May
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
17:00
Verona

Wednesday 9th May
Coppa Italia
Juventus
20:00
AC Milan

Sunday 13th May
Italian Serie A
Atalanta
AC Milan

Sunday 20th May
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
Fiorentina

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
It is quite an amazing achievement when you spent 200m+ in transfers and your best striker is a primavera player and you got fuckall bench options. Not to mention you are pipped to the CL spots by a team that has spent less than a fraction of that and lost some of their best players.

B & G might have royally fucked us before they left but this management seems to have one upped them on that

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
It is quite an amazing achievement when you spent 200m+ in transfers and your best striker is a primavera player and you got fuckall bench options. Not to mention you are pipped to the CL spots by a team that has spent less than a fraction of that and lost some of their best players.

B & G might have royally fucked us before they left but this management seems to have one upped them on that

200mil is peanuts in todays market. Man city barely get 1 solid keeper and 3 fullbacks with that kind of money.

Im happy that we got bonucci, biglia, kessie, hakan and andre silva. Kalinic is the only flop signing of last summer

Had montella been fired last october, we would've sit more comfortably at league table

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
200mil is peanuts in todays market. Man city barely get 1 solid keeper and 3 fullbacks with that kind of money.

Im happy that we got bonucci, biglia, kessie, hakan and andre silva. Kalinic is the only flop signing of last summer

Had montella been fired last october, we would've sit more comfortably at league table

How much have Napoli spent ?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yep, Fassone and Mirabelli dithered at the beginning of the season and it killed us. There was a point where Montella clearly had no fucking clue what he was doing and should have been sacked a month or so before he was.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

Its peanuts when you are playing in the PL not a shit Serie A and no CL.

Silva was a waste of money regardless of his recent form. We didnt have the luxury to spend big on 'projects'. Everyone and their mother knew that Kalinic was money down the drain.

Bonucci was another luxury signing. His arrival not only meant that we wont be getting the top striker and LW that we desperately needed it also meant we were forced to change formation (and look how well that turned out). Also wtf was the point of buying Musacchio then?

And its not just the arrivals either. Wtf would you sell Kucka when he is your best option for a backup to Kessie?

Wtf would you sell Niang when you play a formation with wingers and have no actual LWs? I may not like the guy but atleast we would have some fuckin options

Overall, wtf was the strategy to beginwith? It honestly felt like they bought whoever was available without actually fuckin thinking about what formation they will play or whether they will fit in.

Montella shares some of the blame, but lets not forget that his hands were forced too by some shitty team building by F&M

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

Good 'ol Ash....always seeing the silver lining :proud:

For the record I agree with you 100%

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
How much have Napoli spent ?

Did you know their management superior to our previous management(B&G)? Their profit on cavani and higuain prove what a shrewd management they've got

You should remember they continously investing in their squad every season. Last season they got milik, diawara, tonelli and zielinski. Season before they bought allan. And they already spent quite excellent on players like callejon, mertens, jorginho, albiol, ghoulam.

Points is milan need to keep spending if we want to catch up with european big boys (No, we are not one of big boys anymore. We are sitting at kiddies table right now)

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Did you know their management superior to our previous management(B&G)? Their profit on cavani and higuain prove what a shrewd management they've got

You should remember they continously investing in their squad every season. Last season they got milik, diawara, tonelli and zielinski. Season before they bought allan. And they already spent quite excellent on players like callejon, mertens, jorginho, albiol, ghoulam.

Points is milan need to keep spending if we want to catch up with european big boys (No, we are not one of big boys anymore. We are sitting at kiddies table right now)

That's all cool and that... but give me some numbers. Or it could be that their manager has taken them up a level. How many of those players could play in the top 4 teams in La liga or EPL.?

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Shouldv'e kept Kuco and Sosa honestly...this squad is thin as fuck and Gattuso wouldve made both of them monsters, especially Kuco

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Fuckkk Galliani would've....I can't even put it into words....we'd be top 4 easssssyyyyyy, fucking instant boner imagining Galliani with 200 Million

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
with G and 200 million we would have won the league

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Nah we'd probably have 10 Bertolaccis..

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Galliani would have probably wasted iton has beens and bertolaccis

People are quick to forget the last time we splashed out big amounts

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ok you have your opinion and i have mine, you result to personal attacks nearly every time you talk but thats ok i am a patient man.

these are our remaining games below. If gattuso slips up against a team other than juve and napoli I will consider him average. you will consider him great. so lets agree to disagree.

I don't deem anything I've said as a personal attack. Any judgement I may have made about you I deem as factually correct. But of course, we have differing opinions - you deem yourself patient, I consider you slow.

I agree that my view differs from yours - simply because I deal in facts.

I'll look at the performance and the factors in it to determine how I judge Gattuso's job.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
if G was here most likely we would have signed ibra again = huge shot at the league title

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't deem anything I've said as a personal attack. Any judgement I may have made about you I deem as factually correct. But of course, we have differing opinions - you deem yourself patient, I consider you slow.

I agree that my view differs from yours - simply because I deal in facts.

I'll look at the performance and the factors in it to determine how I judge Gattuso's job.

lol u deal in facts - u deal in opinions just like everyone else with the odd statistic thrown in here and there.

your inferiority complex is cute though

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
One of the lowest quality derbies in terms of technical football played in recent history. Anyone who is convinced this league is on the rise is deluded.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Andre Silva's grandfather passed away...he flew to Portugal after the game..

I told you Gattuso had a reason to play Kalinic. There's no way Kalinic would play this game after his Juve performance.

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
b72bee8fdb0b878de06816a791b8d23d.jpg

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol u deal in facts - u deal in opinions just like everyone else with the odd statistic thrown in here and there.

your inferiority complex is cute though

I see your degree in psychology coming along nicely. You're just as qualified there as you are with football.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso it's second in the league behind Juve during his spell. Lost only 1 game to Juve.

And still people whine because their childish expectation of beating Inter didn't come true.

Grow the fuck up.
We are still in the chase as Inter and Lazio can choke.

Gattuso has already done a miracle not we are far from a team that will win every game just because the fans want it.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fuck sosa. mati was better though and wouldn't have minded if he stayed as a backup.

Mait was always injured or lacked fitness tough.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
yeah. but that skill wise he would be very useful in bringing the ball forward. we don't have single player who can move the ball in the crowded areas. for pace niang would have been useful but the guy has horrible attitude plus we actual got decent money for him, so no complaints there. keeping kucka was a no brainer, guess montella didn't like him very much.