other sports

meekz

Primavera
Reaction score
ok, i have a pretty good idea that everyone here loves soccer, but what other sports do you guys enjoy/play? just curious. :)

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ohh i am a huge tennis fan! before i became a soccer fan it was just tennis but now there is more available options when it comes to tv. And i love to play.
Being a football fan i don't really understand the "other football" sports and i dont want to.
I really got obsessed with Volleyball but they only usually show beach volleyball. I prefer the indoor variety.
I dont really like watching golf and cricket, i dont mind playing. I like to watching swimming races as well as on ice hockey when they beat each other up thats pretty funny.
But Soccer and tennis all the way!

meekz

Primavera
Reaction score
yeah AFL is boring sometimes (PA supporer) ;) some games are good but really it's not that interesting. i love basketball, badminton and surfing too, they're fun sports.

Reaction score
en.....basketball is my second choose.and i love o'neal :D :D
F-1 is exciting..................!!!

vLaDuT

Beginner
Reaction score
I personally like table-tenis and basket. :) That is I like playing them, because watching... :head: I only like watching football, but not even football that much...

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
tennis is my other sport since ive been playing it since i was 7... and i started training as junior athlete so im pretty good at it...
i like watching formula 1 (a lot better than nascar that races in a big-O oval circuit all the time, hehe)... and i also like NBA...
im also a fan of badminton since our country is pretty good at it...
and there is one sport that i really really wanna try but never got chance to do it, it's surfing...

kaiser

Beginner
Reaction score
Well here's a long shot anyone ever heard of Cricket?
It's popularity here in India is comparable to that of soccer's in Europe!!!

Well I enjoy F-1 too.....but is it a sport?
(I remember there was a topic earlier discussing this)

Sports I hate.......GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!

kharrazian

Primavera
Reaction score
I enjoy playing football,chess, badminton and runing.
Basketball and wrestling are the sports I like to watch.

meekz

Primavera
Reaction score
kaiser said:

i'm Australian so i know about cricket! ;)
it's a great sport though. :)

kaiser

Beginner
Reaction score
ahh..I was the school's Chess captain in my high school
well i was good at it.....but it was kinda boring if u play for a long time
which is definitely not the case with soccer

emre

Primavera
Reaction score
meekz said:
kaiser said:

I'm from Australia too... and i used to play Cricket. I am deffinately not a fan of basketball, Rugby, AFL or any motorsport. I used to be a bit of a skateboarder, it's not really a sport, but i enjoy it! :D

PS.

How good are the Canberra Raiders doing! :proud: :tongue:

PPS.

Kaiser... what was the score in the cricket world cup final??
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Love Baseball and American football. I am also the manager/player of a softball team.

I love to play basketball, but I can't stand the NBA anymore. All it is, is a gimick. The season's too long and the players I think might be mentally ********. How hard is it to learn how to speak english if you are from the US?

shevaman

Primavera
Reaction score
I really enjoy watching all sports cause i am a sports man. Basketball,tennis,Football (Not soccer) except hockey and car racing.
i don't even no why so many people went to hockey or racing rather
than soccer in the U.S.A, i mean i just think it's stupid.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
shevaman said:
I really enjoy watching all sports cause i am a sports man. Basketball,tennis,Football (Not soccer) except hockey and car racing.

Well hockey and soccer have a lot in common save for how it works and most American like real violence, the diving in soccer turns a lot of people off here. In hockey there is a lot of fighting, real fighting, fist fight which go on and on, so it gets people all excited; and beside hockey isn't really that big here, it started to get bigger a couple of years ago, but it's fallen of recently. For the most part it's only popular where it's cold. You just see it so much beause there are more people on the East (where it's cold) so anything on the East coast gets more media exposure because there are more people there. It's all about the money.

Racing I don't get. In waiting for the bus every morning I watch cars drive by, (it's not that exciting to watch cars drive by, actually it really boring) even when they are going fast. So NASCAR makes no sence to me. I've been to a couple of F-1 races which were kinda cool. It's the only sporting even I've every been to where the smallest beer you could buy was a 24oz. Bud or Bud light can, either that or the big cans of Fosters ;)

meekz

Primavera
Reaction score
emre said:
meekz said:
kaiser said:

I'm from Australia too... and i used to play Cricket. I am deffinately not a fan of basketball, Rugby, AFL or any motorsport. I used to be a bit of a skateboarder, it's not really a sport, but i enjoy it! :D

PS.

How good are the Canberra Raiders doing! :proud: :tongue:

yeah they're going great. Arn't they second on the ladder?

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I swear i shouldn't have been born in Aussie land - i dont watch cricket, any rugby stuff never been to a game and don't plan to. I feel kind of bad seeing how you guys are all into it and i have no idea :(
I agree with the violence thing thats why Wrestling is so popular as well. I used to like it but now all they do is talk and drag everything out and its all bull. I like the way wrestling used to be....

emre

Primavera
Reaction score
meekz said:
yeah they're going great. Arn't they second on the ladder?

Not anymore beat the warriors and are now on-top! :D

mamma_mia! said:
I swear i shouldn't have been born in Aussie land - i dont watch cricket, any rugby stuff never been to a game and don't plan to. I feel kind of bad seeing how you guys are all into it and i have no idea
I agree with the violence thing thats why Wrestling is so popular as well. I used to like it but now all they do is talk and drag everything out and its all bull. I like the way wrestling used to be....

Many people don't like Cricket in Australia, infact... half of my friends don't.

I'm not really into rugby, it's just the raiders are doing well, and they are my city. It doesn't happen very often, so i like to live it up!

I mean... there is no canberra soccer team, no canberra AFL team, a shit basketball team, and the brumbies are not doing well.

what else is there?

shevaman

Primavera
Reaction score
I agree with you. i mean racing it's like the most boring sport ever.
Where i live it's a very small city and we have a racing stadium that Nascar use every year and by the way it will be this week-end (30-01),
it's crasy of people, about more 20000 people will came to the race from every where to seat in a hot sun and wacth some stupid car going around and around. After the race their skin are red. i do not even no why so many people like racing. :conf: :conf:

Seamus said:
shevaman said:

Well hockey and soccer have a lot in common save for how it works and most American like real violence, the diving in soccer turns a lot of people off here. In hockey there is a lot of fighting, real fighting, fist fight which go on and on, so it gets people all excited; and beside hockey isn't really that big here, it started to get bigger a couple of years ago, but it's fallen of recently. For the most part it's only popular where it's cold. You just see it so much beause there are more people on the East (where it's cold) so anything on the East coast gets more media exposure because there are more people there. It's all about the money.

Racing I don't get. In waiting for the bus every morning I watch cars drive by, (it's not that exciting to watch cars drive by, actually it really boring) even when they are going fast. So NASCAR makes no sence to me. I've been to a couple of F-1 races which were kinda cool. It's the only sporting even I've every been to where the smallest beer you could buy was a 24oz. Bud or Bud light can, either that or the big cans of Fosters ;)

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Other than Football I love BAseball (NY Yankees) and Rugby since I was the scrum half for my college team.

But what I love to play more than anything other sport is of course GOLF!!!

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
What other Sports do you play/enjoy

well everyone here is a football fan but what other sports do u play or like. I play basketball on my school team (first year). I also do track in the summer, high/long/triple jump and the 100m and 200m races. I play soccer of course. In the winter I play hockey with my friends( no league, just outdoors) and I'll play just about any sport with anyone.

what about u guys?

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
I like many sports, watch too many sport on TV, should sport myself more. I like badminton, F1, speed skating and cylcing/moutainbiking alot. Self i mountainike alot these days.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Well I like playing football.I play football once a week with my old high school
friends.I used to play b-ball a lot but nowadays a play very little.
I also like tenis but I don't play much often.Maybe once a month.