Xavi Hernandez Thread

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Barcelonas defense sucks. What else is new?

xavi defense wise looks to be just as shit as pirlo is. Although on the attacking, creative front there seems to be a grand canyon between the 2. These days anyway. Theres no denying pirlo was also awsome wowsome back in the days.;)

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Xavi over the last two seasons has been better than anyone else at their best, but Xavi's form has only been at it's current level for 2 seasons.

If Pirlo + Xavi retired tommorow then Pirlo > Xavi. However Xavi over the last 2 seasons > Any 2 seasons from Pirlo.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Xavi over the last two seasons has been better than anyone else at their best, but Xavi's form has only been at it's current level for 2 seasons.

If Pirlo + Xavi retired tommorow then Pirlo > Xavi. However Xavi over the last 2 seasons > Any 2 seasons from Pirlo.

That wasn't even what i'm getting at. I agree xavi is better than pirlo. But people make it seem like we're comparing Nesta and Titus Bramble.

the way la liga is played + mobility of his squad can't be discredited. When Milan had a mobile squad, pirlo was magnificent too..

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
However Xavi over the last 2 seasons > Any 2 seasons from Pirlo.
Dont know about the rest in here but I knew how good Xavi is long before those two seasons.
He was great + among the best in his position back then (better than Pirlo ever was for Milan) & during the two seasons u r talking about he was out of this world (hence the big gap between Xavi & Pirlo).

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Dont know about the rest in here but I knew how good Xavi is long before those two seasons.
He was great + among the best in his position back then (better than Pirlo ever was for Milan) & during the two seasons u r talking about he was out of this world (hence the big gap between Xavi & Pirlo).

Suuureee. Pirlo simply was the reason we got the 4th place that qualified us to the CL that we won with him being super important, and then the scudetto were he was again if not the best top 3 of the best of Milan, also was the guy that took away Totti's star role in the NT (mayor words) and if not best was top 3 of the reasons why Italy won the WC. Needless to say Pirlo first had a completely different role in the field, and to a point one can say he is the one that started the new wave of DM-CMs.

Sure, Xavi alll that time, even with the stability of being in the same club since he was made, was already better than Pirlo ever was for Milan. Short memory or lots of biased, think it's the latter.

No one is denying that Xavi right now is the better, but you're missing the point (probably not missing but wanting to miss the point) that is being made: Xavi, as well as Pirlo, as well Fabregas, as well as any other CM you want to think of needs certain type of players surrouding him to make him be effective.

Xavi is lucky atm of being in a team that has perfect off the ball movement, and that has lots of pace, and on top of that he is also playing in a league that provides him with the space needed to perhaps look even better.

Now do you really believe if we just swap Xavi or Fabregas or anyone you like with Pirlo and leave everything else at it is we would be a better team?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Xavi over last 2 seasons > Scholes over any 2 seasons.

:tongue: :D :rolleyes:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Suuureee. Pirlo simply was the reason we got the 4th place that qualified us to the CL that we won with him being super important, and then the scudetto were he was again if not the best top 3 of the best of Milan, also was the guy that took away Totti's star role in the NT (mayor words) and if not best was top 3 of the reasons why Italy won the WC. Needless to say Pirlo first had a completely different role in the field, and to a point one can say he is the one that started the new wave of DM-CMs.

Sure, Xavi alll that time, even with the stability of being in the same club since he was made, was already better than Pirlo ever was for Milan. Short memory or lots of biased, think it's the latter.

No one is denying that Xavi right now is the better, but you're missing the point (probably not missing but wanting to miss the point) that is being made: Xavi, as well as Pirlo, as well Fabregas, as well as any other CM you want to think of needs certain type of players surrouding him to make him be effective.

Xavi is lucky atm of being in a team that has perfect off the ball movement, and that has lots of pace, and on top of that he is also playing in a league that provides him with the space needed to perhaps look even better.

Now do you really believe if we just swap Xavi or Fabregas or anyone you like with Pirlo and leave everything else at it is we would be a better team?

PWNED! :D

I wish pirlo did go to La Liga, just to prove to you, how the style of league, makes a player of his style look infinitely better to average fan who puts no thought into football.

Even Precious Pep loves Pirlo: http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=517796&idseccio_PK=849

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hold on a second. You've just managed to find TWO instances where Xavi lost the ball. Out of how many games in the season? And that too against which team?

It's as bad as Mad using that ONE dive instance he was able to find.

LOL!

Yes but how often is pep pressured like that? That's a lot more common in serie A being pressed or team sitting back w/ 10 giving u nowhere to pass thru. Seriously of all people i'm annoyed YOU won't admit there's a huge stylistic difference between la liga and serie A which makes xavi look better.

That doesn't mean pirlo is better than Xavi. I don't think he is now. But at minimum playing a much more open game w/ a team who moves great off ball brings THE BEST out of xavi. Why wouldn't it do similar for Pirlo?

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Yes but how often is pep pressured like that? That's a lot more common in serie A being pressed or team sitting back w/ 10 giving u nowhere to pass thru. Seriously of all people i'm annoyed YOU won't admit there's a huge stylistic difference between la liga and serie A which makes xavi look better.

That doesn't mean pirlo is better than Xavi. I don't think he is now. But at minimum playing a much more open game w/ a team who moves great off ball brings THE BEST out of xavi. Why wouldn't it do similar for Pirlo?

Simple. Because Pirlo's talent is limited.

Pirlo may fare better in La Liga. But fact remains that Pirlo is very one dimensional in what he does. He almost always passes the ball the same way i.e. Long looping ball. He almost always attempts to brush off his marker the same way i.e. turning and turning and turning until he's in a comfortable position to loop the ball once again. More often than not he needs to position himself so he can get the ball on his right foot. He practically never attempts to skip past his marker. You practically never see him start a move from the back and continue to make a run into the box. You would think a 'master' of the dead ball would improve his free kick and corner taking. Nope. Horrible tackler as well.

Now Xavi. His passing is varied. Always has been. You may say he doesn't play as deep as Pirlo but that's not true. So many times you see him start a move from in front of the defense and make a run all the way into the opposition box. Excellent free kick & corner taker. Fairly decent tackler.

I know it's ridiculous to use Youtube videos as an example, but seriously have a look at compilations of both. Xavi has more variety in one than Pirlo probably has in all his put together.

And one reason I disagree with this whole La liga argument. How many times have you seen Xavi get shut down in the UCL or for Spain? I mean seriously made to look average. And how many times Pirlo?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
pirlo needs gattuso

xavi dont need best beast in the world to pass some balls

swapping fabregas with pirlo will definately make milan better no question about it.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
However, after the match Xavi spoke with journalists and said, “The referee had helped the team that did not want to play football. It was a very intense game, and the referee did not regulate the match properly.

“He [the referee] gave out many warnings, but the cards did not come to pass. They [ Espanyol] man-marked us throughout the game and played with pressure and intensity, and we never felt comfortable at all during the match.”

can they do that, is it legal ? :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
However, after the match Xavi spoke with journalists and said, “The referee had helped the team that did not want to play football. It was a very intense game, and the referee did not regulate the match properly.

“He [the referee] gave out many warnings, but the cards did not come to pass. They [ Espanyol] man-marked us throughout the game and played with pressure and intensity, and we never felt comfortable at all during the match.”

can they do that, is it legal ? :D

LOL!!!!! post of year and my only issue w/ barca. Wining cunts bstards

any foootballl! Cheaters!

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
You know what? Seriously fuck this argument. I'm man enough to admit that my Pirlo hate clouds my judgement.

As much as I truly believe that Xavi is a better player and that his best is better than Pirlo's best, it is just plain stupid to make comparisons at this point in time.

Currently, Pirlo is surrounded by shit for both club and country. And both Xavi & Pirlo aren't Ronaldo/Kaka/Maradona/CR/Messi etc type of players. They are primarily providers in the end. At present Pirlo really has no one to provide to. Compared to Xavi that is.

I doubt Xavi will ever move out of Spain and same goes for Pirlo & Italy.

This is my last post with regards to comparing the two. I feel it's just stupid at this point in time.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Xavi over last 2 seasons > Scholes over any 2 seasons.

:tongue: :D :rolleyes:

I wouldn't disagree with that.

edit:

Competely agree with Milano's post about the different leagues.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
This is my last post with regards to comparing the two. I feel it's just stupid at this point in time.

fair post :D. I just had to dig at it when i re-watched game over weekend and noticed xavi.

I do absolutely love Xavi as a player, along w/ fabregas and generally players of that ilk. It saddens me to see pirlo so fucking wasted at Milan but w/e. I'm just in a particularly combative mood after seeing the shit I saw over the weekend. Slowest team on face of earth.

I wouldn't disagree with that.

i think kujaix was hoping to have a response like this to you:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Overrated midget.

Against MERDA, Pirlo gets fouled + MERDA get the ball, shoot from distance, and DIDA makes a colossal cock of a mistake = Pirlo's fault :mad: :proud:

Xavi cleanly dominated by MERDA = Mourinho's genius.

Bartha will be the complete laughing stock of Europe if they fail to win every competition they are in. They are helped by referees, added Zlatan to the best squad in Europe + have banks funding unlimited amounts of money. They are already out of one competition ... which is a HUGE EMBARRASSMENT to them. If they fail to win any of the rest, they should just cease to be a football club, as their existence would no longer have a meaning :(

The fact that Xavi cannot be effective with such a strong team leads me to believe that he never was world class to begin with.

:D

... Queue the spermaholics :proud:

Last edited:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Hmmmmm the eternal debare:tongue:

As I said once, Xavi needs to move from Barcelona so we can really see how good he is. He is a late bloomer no doubt about that and started reaching his potential at 26-27. Basically he has been great for the past 3 seasons constantly and before that he was ok/good but not superb.

He comes from Barca's school, has spent his whole life there, plays in an known enviroment with great players...

So for the past 2-3 seasons he has been more constant than Pirlo or any other midfielder but then again look at the players we have?

Xavi is faster than Pirlo, works the ball faster while I feel Pirlo has a more accurate long pass with both feet. I have barely seen Xavi make a long pass with his left foot...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
pirlo xavi should first win a world cup and then......but for now PIRLO is the best (always will be IMO)

Xavi won the european cup.

I agree with what some of the posters have mentioned. Xavi and Pirlo are both wonderful players. I would hold Xavi slightly higher than Pirlo. But Pirlo have a shit team to work with, a player like him needs speed around him. He would be awesome in Barca or Chelsea.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
had to beat a poor italy side on penalties.....
An Italy w/o Pirlo, Cannavaro, or Gattuso.

But hey, we had the great Panucci in our backline. Torres and Villa were no match for him! :rolleyes:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
wc final without zidane :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Flashback from four years earlier and ... Ballack does doesn't play a single second :proud:
Hmmmmm the eternal debare:tongue:
Dude ... I don't think we can call it a debate anymore.

According to the Fat Ronaldo groupies ...

... UCLs and Euro Cups are nice. But the World Cup is the World Cup. You'd think they'd at least have SOME CONSISTENCY.

So, until Xavi wins a world cup, which is highly likely this summer despite Pele ... Pirlo is a champion, Xavi is a diver. I'm just using their logic ... thats all.

jqm4va.png

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In the 2002 FIFA World Cup quarter-final match against England, Lúcio made a mistake that allowed Michael Owen to score the opening goal. Luiz Felipe Scolari defended him, stating that he had made no other mistakes. In the final against Germany, Lúcio bore the full brunt of a free-kick, but managed to stay on his feet to complete playing all 630 minutes of the tournament. He was one of three players to do so along with goalkeeper Marcos and right back captain Cafu.

78974879.jpg

awesome defender :proud:

defended all the way to trophy ?:eek:
without racial abuse of opposite teams captain :proud: thats how you should play football, progressive and stylish
world cup is a platform to perform and celebrate not to click snooze button

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
No Ballack too :proud:

I guess you can praise MERDA players in this overrated thread. Sorry for interrupting your spermaholic session.