Hernan Crespo Thread

Rojonegro

AC Milan
Reaction score
Crespo? The whore? No please no!! Why are we giving this people jobs when others like maldini, costacurta, Albertini and co don't get shit? Just start slow with seedorf and let's see where we stand at the end of the season.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
why would you say that about Crespo? He loves Ancelotti and loves Milan. I wish we had kept him instead of Gilardino.

he said that Galliani promised that we would buy him had we won the CL trophy. So sad. Still, I think we should have, considering what he did.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Crespo? The whore? No please no!! Why are we giving this people jobs when others like maldini, costacurta, Albertini and co don't get shit? Just start slow with seedorf and let's see where we stand at the end of the season.

So much ignorance and idiocy in one post it's unreal :lol:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Crespo is the STRIKING COACH dumbass :fp::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
1495518_660320874010689_1826696433_n.jpg

:thumbsup:

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Always loved Crespo. I don't want to get into polemics but I would have him rather than some of our genuine legends.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Crespo and Stam being the only starters from Istanbul 2005 to never win a CL title with Milan played a part in Seedorf's decision.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wonder if Crespo and Stam being the only starters from Istanbul 2005 to never win a CL title with Milan played a part in Seedorf's decision.
Wow you had to dig REAL deep to find something negative to say about those guys didn't you? :head:
I doubt any eeyoreism could ever top this goodfella, you just won the internets

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score

How did you even think up of that..

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wow you had to dig REAL deep to find something negative to say about those guys didn't you? :head:

I am not Goodfella so I don't know what he thinks, but to me, that is not necessarily a negative thing. Seedorf could be picking them just so that they will have another shot to winning UCL with Milan? :thumbsup:

Stam won it with Manchester United though. I don't think Crespo did anywhere, did he?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
he said that Galliani promised that we would buy him had we won the CL trophy. So sad. Still, I think we should have, considering what he did.

Eh. He was the one that sold himself to Abramovich, not Milan's problem. I'll never pity him nor will ever over romanticize his time at Milan as much as everyone does. Actually Rojonegro is right, he was a bit of a whore, I don't blame him for going after the money, but I found it vomiting inducing when he wanted everyone to feel pity for him.

That said, fuck what the fuck happened, when did he become a 50 year old?

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Eh. He was the one that sold himself to Abramovich, not Milan's problem. I'll never pity him nor will ever over romanticize his time at Milan as much as everyone does. Actually Rojonegro is right, he was a bit of a whore, I don't blame him for going after the money, but I found it vomiting inducing when he wanted everyone to feel pity for him.

That said, fuck what the fuck happened, when did he become a 50 year old?

What did you try to say? He moved to Chelsea from Inter in 2003. Am I missing your point?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
What did you try to say? He moved to Chelsea from Inter in 2003. Am I missing your point?

He went to Chelsea for the money when he was at a pretty top situation at Inter. Then when things in the pitch didn't go well with Chelsea, he cried to be loaned to Italy and Milan got him. Milan waited for him, Carlo gave him sooo many opportunties and he failed so much till the biggest own goal in the history was awarded to him (vs Fiorentina) and he was able to turn things around (thankfully).

And then he was crying cause Milan did not try to sign him back when Chelsea cause he was a 30 year old with a big salary and would've cost us a bit. Bleh. So sorry Hernan, if you didnt like London, and prefered Milano, you should've thought about twice before going for the money (which again in itself is an understandable, but when he was whinning about it PLEASE).

Oh yeah and when he had a chance to come to Milan, he chose Inter ;).

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
OK, I see your point now. A few things to add:

1. Crespo has a reputation of slow-warmup wherever he played, not just Milan.

2. He was instrumental in many "big" CL games that year, so it is natural that fans loved him.

3. It is not really a matter of London vs. Milano, rather it is Inter < Chelsea < Milan. Many players who have played in both Milan and Inter publicly declare that we are much better than our cousin, so I do feel that Crespo was being sincere when he wanted to stay after the loan.

4. I don't know how much it would cost us to get him, but back then, I doubt that financial reason was the main concern. We spent 24M (or 25M?) on Gilardino, and everyone was on high wage anyway.

5. Crespo and Ancelotti had a close personal relationship, which is another reason that I believe that he was being sincere wanting to stay. It was both personally and professionally, but not necessarily financially.

6. I am not aware that he had a chance to come to Milan yet choosing Inter over us?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

lolwhut?

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seedorf has already contacted Crespo and asked him to become a part of his staff immediately (it might happen in June instead).

romlakers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seedorf has already contacted Crespo and asked him to become a part of his staff immediately (it might happen in June instead).

And for Stam Ajax are saying he has a contract who last to 2016 so we will have to pay a compensation .

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
It's been 10 years...

Hernan Crespo:I had to watch Steven Gerrard lift Champions League trophy to believe we lost

Speaking to the Guardian, Crespo admitted: "I told myself that anything could still happen. Yes, everything, but I certainly didn?t expect something like what happened."

At full-time, Crespo admitted to heading back towards the changing rooms, but genuinely could not believe that the team were not victorious after their earlier advantage.

Liverpool had won on penalties, but Crespo had to see Gerrard lift the trophy with his own eyes to convince himself that they had lost.

He said: "I sat down behind the photographers. I had to see with my own eyes that Gerrard was actually going to lift the trophy. I still couldn?t believe it, it didn?t seem real. Impossible. When Steven finally lifted it I thought: ?So it really happened?."

And the scene in the changing room after the match?

"Simple: it was like a funeral. They were very difficult moments, nobody was able to speak even when we returned to the hotel."

It is ten years to the day since Liverpool's remarkable comeback and most famous night in their recent history, as they became champions of Europe for a fifth time.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hernan-crespo-watch-steven-gerrard-5761302

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Proof if it were ever needed... the best team doesn't always win.

Plenty of examples of this in Football.

Brazil 82

Holland 74/78

Brazil 82 was not a team...it was a collection of brilliant individuals(who played some of the most beautiful football ever seen)who lost to an organized Italy(a real team)

Holland are just chokers lol

Problem with Milan was different...it was Carlo turning senile and trying to hold the result 'till the end by playing defensively and that cost us

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Problem with Milan was different...it was Carlo turning senile and trying to hold the result 'till the end by playing defensively and that cost us

:head:. We were attacking, we had just created a clear goal chance with Sheva a play before their first goal. And they scored 2 more in the following 5 mins. In fact if anything the biggest problem was we had no DM to sub in (dont name Vikash) once they scored the first to cool things off.

Will always stand by the fact that if Ambro would've been healthy, Liverpool makes no comeback.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
:head:. We were attacking, we had just created a clear goal chance with Sheva a play before their first goal. And they scored 2 more in the following 5 mins. In fact if anything the biggest problem was we had no DM to sub in (dont name Vikash) once they scored the first to cool things off.

Will always stand by the fact that if Ambro would've been healthy, Liverpool makes no comeback.

Not enough imo...and we should have pressed more and commited fouls more to waste time(a tactic which we are much more familiar with nowadays)
No Ambro? Put in Kaladze and Billy and put them in midfield or whatever and just have them commit tactical fouls or waste time by shooting the ball behind Dudek's goal
We did not know how to waste time that was one of our major problems

We played it too clean after the first goal...we needed to play more dirty to secure the win
If we had Van Boss instead of Pirlo we could of won

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes Ambrosini in for Seedorf in the second half would have sealed that match.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Yes Ambrosini in for Pirlo in the second half would have sealed that match.

Fixed
Pirlo was the worst

Dorf should have been subbed by Billy or Kaladze
Heck put in Billy and Kaladze and take off Seedorf and Sheva/Crespo
Order them to play dirty,commit fouls and waste as much time as you can and that match would have been sealed even without Ambro

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I fuckin love that finish.... almost as cheeky as Savicevic's 11 years earlier :heart:

11150489_1027640243926736_7153012203608014626_n.jpg

Dudek is so fuckin clueless as to where the ball is :lol:

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
I fuckin love that finish.... almost as cheeky as Savicevic's 11 years earlier :heart:

Dudek is so fuckin clueless as to where the ball is :lol:
I love that goal but not even close to Dejan's dude
Dejan got Zubizarreta falling on his ass...like as if he was watching a plane fly by lmao :lol:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New coach of Modena :thumbsup:

Good luck

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Someone posted that Crespo was a finisher like Piatek on Milanmania...and needless to say I'm still triggered :o