Fifa 16

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score

formation I've been playing around with. inspired by catenaccio and zona mista.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Anyone else having problems finding opponents in seasons? The fuck is wrong with this game. Bought it a month ago and it's been like this all the time.

I googled and it said that I should open ports, I did that but it's still hard to find opponents.

Yeah it's tough getting opponents....in other news...Milan is EXTREME shit :eek:
I get on average two injuries per game and the defenders are complete morons.......wait.....does this mean that the game is actually realistic? :eek:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I am normally pretty good at playing fifa and can play with any team that has more than 4stars, but this milan team... The word shit can't even describe how shit they are. -_-

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko

formation I've been playing around with. inspired by catenaccio and zona mista.
Regista , Trequartista and Fanatsista are known for their ability to pass , dribble and all round not give a fuck about defending. The Prima Punta won't defend either , so what I am saying is , either tell us how these guys would line up defensively because I see what looks like an anchorman as CDM (not sure) along with a RB bombing forward, which is fine but I don't think you thought about how the defense would transition to the mid and then to the attack. The team looks very polarized which will prove its downfall. I could simply use the gap in of the midfield (use 3vs1(CDM) or 4 vs 3 (CDM + LB + RCB) when breaking out by the counter, by passing the midfield and score counter goals. It will only take pace and close dribble and some finishing.

Edit : Damn , I just realised this is the FIFA thread and not the formations thread.

My bad

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Just saw your post Tantalis, I've played with something similar, where your "trequarista" is dragged back to RCM behind the "RWB" who's pushed higher to RW. I also have the RCB pushed wider (but still classed as an RCB) to cover that big space left by the higher RW. I used it mainly with Juve, Bayern and Barcelona (flipped, Neymar at LW, Mathieu at LCB).

Experimenting with positions in FIFA is a hobby of mine, this year has been pretty good in terms of getting the results I wanted. Some useful "tricks" I've found:
  • The placement of each player on the vertical lines (goal to goal) actually do seem to make a difference now, mainly with the ball. I use it to put FBs "inside" or "outside" the Wingers. Inside FBs are excellent for a possession game, most default formations seem to struggle to mark them well with wingers.
  • The horizontal (touchline to touchline) placement seems to be less relevant since the players usually revert to flat lines depending more on their specified role (CB, SW, RCM etc.) rather than the exact positioning in the formation. But I think in conjunction with the specified role, it does seem to have some effect.
    For example, if I have two CMs and put one slightly ahead of the other (say the RCM is higher than LCM). If I keep them as RCM and LCM/LDM, they don't seem to make much of a difference, but if I set them as CM and CDM (but with the CM to the right of the CDM), the players line up from goalkicks with the CDM in a straight line behind the CM in the centre, and then adapt to different situations in different ways with the CDM going mostly to the left and CM going to the right.
    The AI seems to be much better at adapting to different game situations this year, in previous years, they tended to stay fixed in their given positions (CM doesn't go outside a given central zone). Maybe this has to do with custom tactics.
  • The instructions are hit and miss, mostly misses I feel. In particular, CDM's "stay back" when attacking doesn't seem to work at all. And I've tried this with different custom tactics (very defensive, very attacking, placed them on the absolute limit right next to the CBs) and the CDMs still feel like it's their god given right to make hail mary runs into the box when you're leading 1-0 in the 80th minute.
    Setting to "aggressive" pressing drains a LOT of stamina, they do run more, but I feel it's better to just control manually.
    "Target man" and "run in behind" seem to be more restrictive than helpful, I keep them on the middle option.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
pls china let milan be good in 17

i think i've played only 3-4 games with milan in 16

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Just rage-quitted like this

frnXxyM.gif

fuuck nothing pisses me off like losing online on fifa...

he's up 2-0, gets two red cards, i score... half time

then this cunt score two more right after the break.

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
I must say PES 16 gameplay is far far better than Fifa.

QFT.

For the past few years I have purchased both FIFA and PES, but this year PES is so much better. Still has flaws here and there but it definitely plays better. :thumbsup:

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Just rage-quitted like this

frnXxyM.gif

fuuck nothing pisses me off like losing online on fifa...

he's up 2-0, gets two red cards, i score... half time

then this cunt score two more right after the break.

Could it be because you are shit in playing fifa?

200w.gif

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Could it be because you are shit in playing fifa?

200w.gif

MB is one of the best FIFA players of this forum. At least he was when all of us played. :thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I must say PES 16 gameplay is far far better than Fifa.

Hands down, not even close.

My biggest complaint about PES is them not doing roster updates on time and a very shallow/unrealistic manager mode.

As far as game play, I have both FIFA and PES and i hardly touch FIFA anymore nowadays.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
MB is one of the best FIFA players of this forum. At least he was when all of us played. :thumbsup:

Back then, when everyone use to play with classic-defending? Where you just press the O-button and the defender will rush and tackle automatically.

Nowadays you can see if a person is good at playing fifa in his way of defending.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hands down, not even close.

My biggest complaint about PES is them not doing roster updates on time and a very shallow/unrealistic manager mode.

As far as game play, I have both FIFA and PES and i hardly touch FIFA anymore nowadays.

Ya the manager mode is not the best, i still play Fifa manager mode. But if I want to play online, or vs someone I play PES. So much more realistic, especially the goalies. You can also feel the difference in players

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Guys I have some questions:
How the FUCK do you do interceptions?

I'm not talking about interceptions where you can predict a pass and you move your player into space. I'm talking about everybody on the team magnetizing every pass you make?

I can't move out of div. 6 with this game as I concede a lot of goals from passes that generally don't get intercepted being given away.

How do you pass the ball?

Yeah yeah I know you have to face the player then pass....but sometimes my opponents get off their one-time passes with no problems.....meanwhile I can aim my stick at someone....and the ball will either have the wrong power or ...even worse...wrong angle :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

Can't begin to relate the NUMEROUS times where I kicked the ball out to the defender....but ended up sending it straight to an attacker :fp:

It happens on the offensive end as well....I can see the perfect through-ball opportunity.....send in a through pass....and 99% of the time it goes HORRIBLY wrong!!! :mad:

How do I get my team to be aggressive and responsive?
Getting increasingly frustrated with passing to a COMPLETELY OPEN MAN who simply stands up to receive the ball.....with a defender GALLOPING behind him who either:
1) knocks him over and gets the ball (no foul)
2) runs around him and intercepts
3) My player takes a John Terry clearance level touch and then loses

Is anyone else getting mauled in the box with no penalty (especially from Columbia)?

When playing against Columbia....I get some of the most FUCKING VIOLENT TACKLES and nothing....but a simple bump in the box and the ref points to the spot

Help pls. Milan is utter shit I agree....but so am I apparently:cry:

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Fifa 16 online seasons is the most frustrating thing i have ever endured. Like that time you make a clean tackle with roma or des and for some reason they back heel back to the striker?? Clearing the ball and have it sent right back into your box for some reason. Clean slide tackle and have a penalty against you. Bacca in 1vs1 chances are a complete waste unless you have the time to place it. Kucka/Des/Abate's passes and through passes make me cry late at night.

Hopefully Fifa 17 is better cuz this was painful.

Did anyone ever win D1 in online seasons? I have gotten to 19 points and that was my highest there.