Week 10: Milan vs Sampdoria 28/10/2018 18:00 CET (Clocks changed, check your local t)

Hoplite

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Not a convincing performance. Thank Buddha for 3 points

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I thank the matrix

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
Deserved 3 points.

First goal conceded was soft defending but Saponara had all the time to challenge 1vs1 on Calabria, ball went through Musacchios legs straight in the corner so these things happen. In the second offside trap failed. Donna could have done better to rush out to cover the shot better. It looked like Calabria was shouting to Donna after the goal.

I was pleased with 4-4-2. Defence looked quite solid regardless of the goals conceded. When you have one less player in the middle of the park there will also be one less opponent so it opens space for build-up play. Plenty of interceptions in the center of midfield and in the defence too. Suso contributed in the attack so this formation didn't affect on his strengths too much. When defending it looked like Laxalt tripled CM position and helped Biglia and Kessie a lot.

Our strikers put in a shift and pressed high up field all night long. This also impressed how much better this worked compared to pressing with lone striker and wingers.

What worries a bit is lack of opinions in CM positions. Only physical threat we have is Kessie.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Extremely happy we somehow got the 3 points, hopefully this will give the lads a good moral boost.

But, we leak goal likes crazy. The way we defend is absolutely horrific, and more often than not like we saw until this game, we will drop points because we can't defend for shit.

Performances like today can go either way, this is still NOT a team that can qualify for CL by playing so shite anytime there's a slight pressure on our midfield + defence.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we had problems in mid today. biglia and kessie looked uncomfortable in their role. their marking and passing were off(specially biglia). kessie hustled a lot but i expect more from him and biglia. saponara had too much space for my liking. other than that we played well. could have easily avoided first goal. musa should have covered for calabria(calabria is not at fault for that goal) and donna should have done better. second goal don't remember exactly what happened there. we were defending with most of the players on our own half and yet somehow quag had so much space. rr played pivotal role in switching play and finding suso with lots space. suso clearly motm but he ruined some counter attacks. team needs to believe more in higuain. the pass that cutrone gave(or the one higuain gave to cutrone against roma), our midfielders/wingers never attempts them.

Schedule