Valerio Fiori Thread

Saarlane

Primavera
Reaction score
So, just wondering...Anyone knows how long his contract is running? Or he has plans to turn in coaching? If Storari should leave in the summer (as the reports say),we'll definately need Fiori.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
A.C. MILAN COMUNICATO UFFICIALE
16/04/2007

L' A.C Milan comunica di aver prolungato il contratto del giocatore Valerio Fiori fino al 30 Giugno 2008.

The idol will continue to play with us :star:

Beach_Babe

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Gila, Buffon, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Nesta And Everyone who plays at Milan
Thats the problem with Milan, they keep on extending shitty and useless players when they should really show them the door. The management is too loyal to the players!! :rolleyes:

If they had let him go he would have been a lawyer, after all he didnt graduate for nothing ;)

And why do we need 4 keepers?? We just signed Storari!! Probably he's leaving in summer

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
madtherchot said:
What? They extended his contract? :eek: What was the point of signing Storari then :conf:

Maybe its like the comedian that Parma hired...to give him a chance, or maybe that's why we keep on extenting Fiori's contract.

Although, considering Fiori was "fit" vs Siena, and Storari played, we can only guess who Ancelotti trust the most.

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*
he is our 4th gk,and i don`t really see why does his extension bothers some of you..

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Fiori has the coolest job in the world.He gets paid for doing nothing at all :D

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I wonder just what he's been doing these 8 years. I respect his professionalism, but 1 appearance in his whole time here? Such a shame.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
I like the bloke, he knows his abilities and we still continue extending his contract and he still agrees. I think he has a part time job, something other than football.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Pretty pointless IMO. He's been a devoted servant etc. considering he's only made 1 appearance in 8 years but why not just retire or something.

Mr.Diavolo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
WEAH, Pippo, Nesta, Pirlo, Kaka, Dida, Gourcuff
I don't understand why we've extended his contract (didn't understand Kalac getting an extension either), but alright, we've got our 4th choice keeper locked down.

zale

Banned
Reaction score
i think the management iq has droped bellow 0...wtf?

PrAcTiC

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
What's the problem guys if they extended his contract, he will be our fourth goalkeeper, i don't see any problem here..

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Faяouk said:
I like the bloke, he knows his abilities and we still continue extending his contract and he still agrees. I think he has a part time job, something other than football.

Curiosità dal sito ufficiale del Milan: Valerio Fiori, quarto portiere rossonero, secondo alcuni rumors vicino al terminare la carriera a fine stagione (alright, that's old news then), ha oggi sostenuto l'ultimo esame di Procedura Civile e a maggio discuterà la tesi di laurea. -
source : Tuttomercatoweb 14.03.2007 15.27

Procedura Civile ??? Does he study law or sth related on the side ? Anyone ???? :D

Last edited:

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Procedura Civile ??? Does he study law or sth related on the side ? Anyone ???? :D

Yes. He studies law. Found some news about his final exam on the official website a few weeks ago...what else should he do on the weekend. I've never seen him on the bench or even in the stands... :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TheGrinch said:
Yes. He studies law. Found some news about his final exam on the official website a few weeks ago...what else should he do on the weekend. I've never seen him on the bench or even in the stands... :D
Well yea, that's kind of what the tuttomercatoweb snippet says.. He took his final exams + will defend his thesis in May, I just wasn't sure if he studies law. I mean I don't study law, yet my core curriculum contains more law courses than I truly care to put up with... LOL

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"A.C. Milan announce that Valerio Fiori has extended his contract until June 2008."

Care to run that by me again? :eek: :conf:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Passion for *9* said:
Curiosità dal sito ufficiale del Milan: Valerio Fiori, quarto portiere rossonero, secondo alcuni rumors vicino al terminare la carriera a fine stagione (alright, that's old news then), ha oggi sostenuto l'ultimo esame di Procedura Civile e a maggio discuterà la tesi di laurea. -
source : Tuttomercatoweb 14.03.2007 15.27

Well he has all the time in the world for studying :tongue:
But honestly I admire when someone is striving to get a college degree and especially if that somebody is an athlete.
So the thought of him studuying law and will soon have a degree is admirable.

I wonder how much he gets per year?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
He's a top bloke who keeps the dressing room atmosphere content and other players look up to him. I admire him for staying for 8 season without complaining. He also proved vital in securing Dida's future at the club.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
^Yep he was trying to convince him to remain continously... search back through one of the interviews he made (not many haha so it shouldn't be that difficult to find).

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
^Yep he was trying to convince him to remain continously... search back through one of the interviews he made (not many haha so it shouldn't be that difficult to find).

AC Milan coach Vecchi: Dida back to best
tribalfooball.com - October 20, 2006

AC Milan goalkeeping coach Villiam Vecchi says No1 Dida is back to his very best this season.

After the Brazilian's performance against Anderlecht this week, Vecchi said: "Nelson has returned to the levels that we expect from a goalkeeper of his ability. We have always had confidence in him.

"There are attackers that cross difficult moments in which they do not even score, but if a goalkeeper makes a mistake then everyone can see it. The save he made against Tchite is typical of a goalkeeper with his characteristics: agility, elasticity and rapidity. And I must say that it is difficult to find these characteristics in a tall goalkeeper, as he is.

"He's genuinely one of the strongest keepers in the world.

"His contract? If our general manager says he'll sign, then we can believe it will happen. I know that Valerio Fiori is nearly every day going to Nelson and telling him 'Sign this!' " :)

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
BMWTaylor said:
"His contract? If our general manager says he'll sign, then we can believe it will happen. I know that Valerio Fiori is nearly every day going to Nelson and telling him 'Sign this!' " :)
Probably because Fiori shudders at the thought have having to play a game ever again. Being 4th choice suits him perfectly.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^doubt it. If he wasn't given a look in when we lost both Dida and Kalac what difference would it make if Dida left?

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
BMWTaylor said:
More than you or me, anyway.
Yeap that was my point.I bet he doesnt get under 400 000-500 000 euros a year:)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Edi said:
Yeap that was my point.I bet he doesnt get under 400 000-500 000 euros a year:)
I'm sure he probably makes the league minimum.