why won't Berlusconi loosen the purse strings?

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
Just wondering why Berlusconi won't loosen the purse strings!

The guy has enough money to spend to get the club back to where it should be.

United have spent a crap load on players, surely Berlusconi could've done a similar thing without breaching the financial fair play rules.

Your thoughts.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Why should he? Its G's job to ensure that milan is able to run self sufficiently. He has spent more than enough for us in the past.

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
But right now in order for us to be competent we need to spend, especially when we're back in Europe though the same thing can be said for all the other Italian teams. I'm still sticking with the fact that Berlusconi needs to dig deep.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
We need a new stadium more than anything tbh.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Simply put, because he couldn't care less about Milan or football. He can't use Milan anymore to gain political power so he's just waiting for a good buyer.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
... And when a good buyer shows up, Berlusconi has either an excessive valuation of the club (I mean, he was offer 300m for 51% from Lim, but wanted to sell 30% for that money this year) or his ego gets in the way and he simply doesnt want to sell.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Why should he? Its G's job to ensure that milan is able to run self sufficiently. He has spent more than enough for us in the past.

That's all well and true, but its his job to employ a person competent enough to a be able to do that.

So the way i see it, he can either:

- Fire G and employs a competent person to make Milan self sufficient.
- He dumps a shitload of money in the club like he did in the early 90's & early 2000's to help us win trophies.

romlakers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
... And when a good buyer shows up, Berlusconi has either an excessive valuation of the club (I mean, he was offer 300m for 51% from Lim, but wanted to sell 30% for that money this year) or his ego gets in the way and he simply doesnt want to sell.

That's the biggest problem. He doesn't invest but he doesn't look like he's ready to sell the club. His valuation is far too high( 300 millions for 30% of the clubs while we haven't even our own stadium!) and scares all the potential buyers. Honestly, i think he won't sell the club until his death.

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
Not to mention that the club has been making good money for over a decade now. However, that money was always miss managed or, possibly, pocketed. We should be in a better status than we are had it not been for Berlusconi's indifference, and Galliani's small mentality moves regardless of not having a stadium. All in all, Milan had, may still have, all the means to be a healthy club. That won't last forever, though. B&G or B alone need to take initiative, and work professionally and wholeheartedly like many clubs who may leapfrog us very very soon as a football institution like Dortmund and Atleti.

If they start working well, we may not fall far behind those who are poised to put us in their rear view mirror. This club can be spared a much more catastrophic fate with honest work. Let's hope for an awakening or a new administration very soon.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It's been said for years. His kids don't care. They have more power in finivest. They care more about profit than football.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I dont have that much problem with 9 billion man silvio not investing big bucks on milan anymore. I just wish the club would be more clear with the fans, have a plan and a manager that can work with limited founds. After 25 years of trophies its understandable he would close his wallet at one point. he just prepared the club for that strategy really poorly.

Schedule