Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have heard some people say that Pato should have made all of his sitters. Well if he did he would have 6 goals right now. And just think of the expectations of him with 6 goals in 4 games. Thats more than 1 per, and the great Ronaldo didn't even do that in his prime.

I am not glad he missed easy sitters, but I AM glad he has not scored 6 goals already, imagine the expectations to such a start to his career. If that makes any sense.

M

MassterMark

zZZ[___]ZZz: where do you get those pictures???

In wikipedia are written yesterdays 2 goals by Pato in Pato thread!!!!!

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
i took those pictures... good eh?

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kuzimoto said:
besides the goals(3 goals in 3 games-a 100% score!!!) he also haven't commited a foul,nor received any.
I hope G-d will keep to save him from scum players.

Those stats aren't accurate/updated. Firstly, he played in four games not three. And secondly, of course he has been fouled. Off the top of my head I remember Gargano getting send off late in the game for a foul on Pato.

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Banks, Yashin, Manga, Preud'homme, Pfaff, Zenga, Sepp and Taffarel
I don't think it's my imagination, but does anyone remember a moment in the game against Udinese when Pato controlled a long pass with his BACK? Seems like nobody mentioned it yet, did it really happen or am I going insane? :rocketki:

jpick

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
well, you should have told me before i deleted it from my dvr, or else i could have checked.

:tongue:

it doesn't ring a bell, but he very well might have.

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Banks, Yashin, Manga, Preud'homme, Pfaff, Zenga, Sepp and Taffarel
Heck, didn't know you had it. Next time I can't find a specific play I'll ask you. :D

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
Nielsenb41 said:
I don't think it's my imagination, but does anyone remember a moment in the game against Udinese when Pato controlled a long pass with his BACK? Seems like nobody mentioned it yet, did it really happen or am I going insane? :rocketki:

you know what minute it was, 1st half or 2nd, i still have the whole game on my sky box.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Nielsenb41 said:

YES! Finnaly someone mentioned it, it seems as it no one noticed that at all! He did control the long ball with his BACK against Udinese, in the first half.

Pato did great for an 18 year old boy who plays his 4th game for a great club like Milan in a strong league. And most of all, he plays foir sTRUGGLING Milan who expects a lot from him. He is not in Milan with Sheva, Crespo, Kaka', Rui, young Cafu and Maldini so he has time do adopt and to play calmly.

Galliani and Carlo ANd Silvio are all idiots as they talked about him too much becouse they didnt sign no one so they had to have some reason to kep the fans happy. They should have been quiet and let the boy play slowly. Fortunately, he is doing well now.

First i thought he is scored but it looks like he plays to leisure, he needs more grit and a better first touch to become a player that can really take on whole defences. Im sure he CAN become a real forward in 2 years time. For this season, I only wish few more goals and some nice passes would be nice... Pippo and Ronaldo also need to score some if we are to catch 4th place.

And, Pato IS the fastest player we have, for sure... :star:

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
hwesuccess said:
I have heard some people say that Pato should have made all of his sitters. Well if he did he would have 6 goals right now. And just think of the expectations of him with 6 goals in 4 games. Thats more than 1 per, and the great Ronaldo didn't even do that in his prime.

I am not glad he missed easy sitters, but I AM glad he has not scored 6 goals already, imagine the expectations to such a start to his career. If that makes any sense.

Because their nutz...Gila doesn't do it, neither does Seedorf, or Kaka who blasted one straight at the goal keeper in the game against Genoa. But Pato shouldn't be missing at all. :head:

IT'S HIS 4th GAME & HE'S 18!!!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
If strikers would score from every "sitter" or you know one vs one ...then we would not have good gk like buffon and etc....

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
He is having a great start so far and I hope he continues like this. I knew he is really mature for his age and mentaly strong even before he came to Milan and he is proving that with every game.
I know he has missed some easy chances but he is still just 18 and he will improve his finishing with time.
The important thing is that he is intergrating in the team and he is not affraid of the challenge and the pressure...

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
I congratulate pato..he's a hell of a striker...good one very good one..but i think he and gila should play...we haven't had the time to see this combination work.

psycho_dad

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
one and only Gianni Rivera
Kuzimoto said:
besides the goals(3 goals in 3 games-a 100% score!!!) he also haven't commited a foul,nor received any.
I hope G-d will keep to save him from scum players.

:head:

Have you really seen any of Pato's games?

Real stats:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=104972&cc=5739

He commited more fouls (9) than he has suffered (6) :)

But the greatest thing is here:

Shots: 21
Shots on goal: 13 in four games.

Gilardino made 14 shots on goal in 24 games (!!!)

jpick

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
nobody said to make all his sitters, but he has made about 1 sitter (his other two goals weren't sitters), and missed around 5. we don't have to pretend his finishing has been great. everyone knows that all strikers mess up, but if pato were to just convert half his really easy chances, he would have 5 goal already. that is a scary thought for opponents and a nice one for milan fans. I for one know he is a better finisher than what he has shown already. I saw it in brazil before he got here. he can play even better, but i don't know why some people take that as bashing or criticism.

markaugie1

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Ronaldo, Pato, Kaka, Villa, TS
He's barely 18. His finishing and composure will dramatically improve.

He's already a hell of a player, scoring 3 goals, with his mediocre finishing.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
markaugie1 said:

Plus this is his just 4th competitive match. People need to take that into consideration when they judge him. Maybe he was training with the team but he didn't play a game for 5 months and he still managed to score 3 goals...

Last edited:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
psycho_dad said:
:head:

Have you really seen any of Pato's games?

Real stats:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=104972&cc=5739

He commited more fouls (9) than he has suffered (6) :)

But the greatest thing is here:

Shots: 21
Shots on goal: 13 in four games.

Gilardino made 14 shots on goal in 24 games (!!!)
Wow, that is incredible. Maybe Gila-Pato should be tried more often, but I have a feeling it won't click... :head:

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
jpick said:
nobody said to make all his sitters, but he has made about 1 sitter (his other two goals weren't sitters), and missed around 5. we don't have to pretend his finishing has been great. everyone knows that all strikers mess up, but if pato were to just convert half his really easy chances, he would have 5 goal already. that is a scary thought for opponents and a nice one for milan fans. I for one know he is a better finisher than what he has shown already. I saw it in brazil before he got here. he can play even better, but i don't know why some people take that as bashing or criticism.
it's true he has been wasteful but what really impressed me is that he is never discouraged by a missed 'sitter' + simply tries again. he's fearless. composure will come when pressure lessens.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
markaugie1 said:

And that's spooky - we've got something enormous in the making at Milanello :eek:

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
*rossonera* said:
it's true he has been wasteful but what really impressed me is that he is never discouraged by a missed 'sitter' + simply tries again. he's fearless. composure will come when pressure lessens.

He's style is really like Sheva. They both have a shit load of misses, but that's what makes them lethal. They are persistent threats.

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
hope you are back against Arsenal...

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
I sure hope his injury isn't serious, although it looked quite bad. Ronaldo had a similar injury in the beginning of 2005/06 and since then it started going downhill. The boy is so lively and skillful. It would be a tough blow to not have him against Arsenal, and if R99 and Rino arent there as well, Milan are 99% sure to lose the tie. :(

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
He'll be fine (ok maybe not like in a week fine, but he'll be fine before the bad expectations...I'm willing to say this today cause every single thing I predicted or felt like there was a need to happened happened).

Of course, I wish him a fast + good recovery.

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
As ch4 said, Pato's joy...

z35.jpg

and pain.

z30.jpg

z31.jpg

z33.jpg

Schedule