1/16 - Germany (4) vs. England (1) - June 27th

Who will make the quarter finals?

• Total voters

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
i rather germany conqured the world and made everyone speak german than your rotten language called english.

Are you kidding? There would be some advantages if Germany had conquered the world but the language is definitely not one of them.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Yeah, i can take the loss. It's just when people seem to bring personal insults against England into the discussion that it pisses me off and i retaliate.

how is talking about colonies and world wars and history a personal insult 2 u? even as an englshmn?
2010 bruh.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
y'all mad? :D
P.S. The list of players that have scored more than Rooney in the Worls Cup is growing. Don't dare ever compare that overrated shit to Becks or Owen ever again. :cool:

Imagine how much abuse Ronaldo got and how much he was shat on last world cup despite being the second highest scorer and to be fair he deserved a lot of it. If Ronaldo ever did what Rooney did at the supposed prime of his career he'd be shot on sight! Fanboyz defending Rooney after yet ANOTHER duck. Even crouch looked better. And he wasn't even close with the majority of his shots either.

Your bias against Rooney is embarrasing.

He was poor in this world cup, just like Ribery, Drogba et all was. Just like Ronaldo was at the Euros.

Rooney was good in 06 despite playing while not fit, goals or not, and was our best player during E04.

He's been one of the best and important players for United during a spell in which we've won 3 titles, a CL, made another final ect.

To say he's average is laughable. He's one of the best players in the world. Like I said before (and you have ignored), he's carried club and country for over a year now.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
I think the bottom line is that England isn't anywhere CLOSE to being as good as they and their supporters think they are. As always.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Spit all you like but...

Owen should be selected for England.

He still has enough quality to change the course of a game.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
how is talking about colonies and world wars and history a personal insult 2 u? even as an englshmn?
2010 bruh.

Insult against England. Maybe i phrased it wrong. But when someone insults England i feel i have to retaliate. And i know i will be banned someday for it. It's just im not happy letting my country get slagged off without a fight. :D

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
45vZD.jpg

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Your bias against Rooney is embarrasing.

He was poor in this world cup, just like Ribery, Drogba et all was. Just like Ronaldo was at the Euros.

Rooney was good in 06 despite playing while not fit, goals or not, and was our best player during E04.

He's been one of the best and important players for United during a spell in which we've won 3 titles, a CL, made another final ect.

To say he's average is laughable. He's one of the best players in the world. Like I said before (and you have ignored), he's carried club and country for over a year now.

Drogba scored 2 in 2 games. Put Messi to shame. :D

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That non given goal was super weird though. I mean even from the TV you could see it clearly in without the replay. And in 66 it was vs (west)germany that england got a non existent goal called no? how ironic lol

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Drogba scored 2 in 2 games. Put Messi to shame. :D

I'll take Drogba off the list :tongue:

Completely forgot about Messi. I can't remember him doing much in WC 06 either.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Kaká's been poor tbh in my opinion. Drogba's had a great World Cup. Messi has had a good WC as well, even though he hasn't scored. All's been better than Rooney though, who hasn't done anything except look dumb.

Anyways, Argentina - Mexico now. Go Mexico!! ;)

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Kaká just backed from injury and either way he fought more in his 2 WC's games than any english player including Rooney, that has a physic 100 times better than him.

Kaká's second game was good although under what is expected to him when phisically good.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Feel bad for England. BS goal called off... changed game. Would England have won? PRobably not with Upson in back... but u never know.... 2-2 at halftime. DIFFERENT GAME.

Blatter, atleast embrace goal line technology. I don't like replay in general but thats just common sense. Like Tennis has it.... not complicated

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Feel bad for England. BS goal called off... changed game. Would England have won? PRobably not with Upson in back... but u never know.... 2-2 at halftime. DIFFERENT GAME.

Blatter, atleast embrace goal line technology. I don't like replay in general but thats just common sense. Like Tennis has it.... not complicated

It's as if Blatter wants to keep football unchanged, which when you have the capability to improve it, why hold it back? Bahh, when are we going to go out in normal fashion? Every fucking time we go out in style.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Golden Generation? More like the Lost Boys at the Carnival. England were clueless against Germany's pace and movement. It's a bit hard to believe that it's a Capello team. I don't remember too many of his squads getting right royally done over.

But the second goal must've stood. England were just starting to show some fight and after Upson's goal had both the belief and the momentum, but were desperately unlucky with the Lampard decision. Considering England were bossing the play then, it might just have given them belief and changed the course of the match. But great sides bounce back from such unexpected setbacks. England are too fragile.

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
Oh god greatest feeling ever.
England losing to Germany takes the pain away from yesterdays game :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i dunno what capello is suppose to do to fix the lack of a CB and GK

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i dunno what capello is suppose to do to fix the lack of a CB and GK

Upson should never have played. King (was he on the bench?) and Carragher are much better.

The whole country knows Upson is shit. Capello has survived a mauling by the fans/press because of his reputation. If Steve McClarren had done the same thing he would be the laughing stock of the world and would be sacked within days.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Upson should never have played. King (was he on the bench?) and Carragher are much better.

The whole country knows Upson is shit. Capello has survived a mauling by the fans/press because of his reputation. If Steve McClarren had done the same thing he would be the laughing stock of the world and would be sacked within days.

king wasn't fit. If he was he would have played and you know it. Upson v. Carragher is a lose-lose debate anyway.....

i think capello survived a mauling cause he dominated qualifying and after mcclarens euro failure anything is a step up....

i feel for you. Because i think you win game if lampard goal stands. Just my gut feeling, you never know, but clearly it would have been different. That probably is a big reason Capello isn't getting same heat either...

BTW you are right... england players just looked slow, flat, etc.

Schedule