Andriy Shevchenko Thread

Are you for or against Sheva's return?

• Total voters

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
There needs to be a greater choice of strikers available before we ever even consider this. The inflated Gilardino price seems to reflect the barreness of the football scene at the moment.

As it is, I'll take "missing our chance" of selling the best striker in Europe to an emerging rival.

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
Passion for *9* said:
Where did you read it, Riccardo ? I only check BBC Sports, nothing mentioned there.

I really think big spending times at Chelsea are over, we've missed our chance to make a lot of money, no one will ever offer 60 let alone 80 million for Sheva again. After all, dude is pushing 30 + from there, like it or not, it's all downhill, hopefully slowly ............

It was on the back of the 'News of the World' newspaper, but like you, I have checked loads of other sources and nothing else has been mentioned.

Probably lies, but it makes you think. The source said that we would use the cash to fund our Gilardino transfer, but we only need £3m for that, what would we do with the other £57m?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Riccardo said:
The source said that we would use the cash to fund our Gilardino transfer, but we only need £3m for that, what would we do with the other £57m?
Something BIG I hope :D Like, finance Galliani's 6th wife, maybe... :tongue: Kidding. We could buy a bunch of talent + keep the rest in the bank. I wouldn't waste it on big names, not even Ronaldinho who, unless we add more flair in more departments, just doesn't fit in IMO. Just picture Gattuso + Ronaldinho in action together... No way :D

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i'd buy cassano and de rossi.

shupix

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Matías Fernández, Kaká
the offer is around 60 millions of sterline pounds, not euros.
days ago trascended that the agrre was made, but only after the WC 2006, and with that money we'll go for ronaldinho+puyol (not only with that money, obviously), since puyol seems to be the one who can repalce Maldini and he didn't sign renewal with barca, because he wants to move to Milan in some time.
more on, we supossed to be after Rikjaard or Van Basten, but Marco won't quit 'til WC 2006.
i've read these on spanish "Marca" 2 or 3 days ago, but the offer of 60 millions of esterline is said to be on "news of the world", posted by calciomercato.com

http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=92903

i think that if is as said, it'll be okay, but after the WC. Ronaldinho+Kaka+Gila is likely to have Brazil sqaud, as gila as Adriano. not even the same, but so powerfull.

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
I reckon the first thing we'd need is a good new striker to replace Sheva.
But how do you replace Sheva. As someone mentioned earlier the market is poor at the moment. Other than that, we do need a couple of young defenders.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
chelsea's going to pay us 60 million pounds to sign shevchenko after the world cup...then we'll buy both puyol and ronaldinho, and either rijkaard or van basten will be the manager. right.... :rolleyes:

Neo-Reloaded

Beginner
Reaction score
Sandro Nesta said:
After this season I think and I hope he will never leave we will let him sign a contract for life and after his retirement he will be ambassador or somethin like that:)
I totally feel the same way, best post ever!.:)

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Maybe chelsea's not after sheva
Heard they're considering throwing away 100 million for ronaldinho

If sheva's to be our ambassador
How about maldini being our mascot

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
poppy said:
Maybe chelsea's not after sheva
Heard they're considering throwing away 100 million for ronaldinho

If sheva's to be our ambassador
How about maldini being our mascot

haha... i always have the impression that mascots are the big, furry guys... in the cartoon or animal costume... my impression X)) sheva should be our ambassador ! :D

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well ... maldini is big, from my minutely 158 cm point of view
As for furry ... we'll need the opinion of the mrs on that

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
if chelsea are rady to pay over 60 mln i think that we have to sell him,because with 60 mln we can buy 3 or 4 great players like: Cassano,Totti ,Guti and so on

Reaction score
Nesta_86 , do you understand the fenomen called footbal or you are just speaking about it? try to watch another sport ...for a while.
How can you say that Milan should sell Sheva?

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
How can all of you say that we should sell SHEVA..
You can all go to hell you MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

SHEVA is our SOUL...WITH MALDINI THAY ARE TRUE LEADERS...
I have sad many times, and thats true : SELL SHEVA, SELL MILAN !!!

Stop saying bullshit anymore! :mad:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demerio said:
How can all of you say that we should sell SHEVA..
You can all go to hell you MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

SHEVA is our SOUL...WITH MALDINI THAY ARE TRUE LEADERS...

Stop saying bullshit anymore! :mad:

you should probably calm down and take your head out of your ass.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
It would be a HUGE mistake to sell Sheva.
What would we do with those millions? Buy players like Seedorf and Stam? Come on...

Sure it's a lot of money, but we should keep players like Sheva.
However, if he wants to go to Chelsea, (why??) then 60mil is a good price.

Demerio, I know how you feel, but hopefully it's just a rumor and Milan will not sell our star player.

Last edited:

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't sell him since there aren't any other equally as good or better available players than sheva in the market right now. So he should stay with us.

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
Demerio said:

yeah! sheva will partner really well with gila! no selling of sheva unless a better player comes.. and at this moment... i think it is tough... SHEVA ROCKS!

milan_rockz

=7uckyst4r=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*
don't sell sheva. i prefer to keep him and sell inzaghi or tomasson as to get the cash to buy gila.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Congo Powers said:
you should probably calm down and take your head out of your ass.

You calm down and put ur head in ur ASS cos u see nothing my friend...

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
not a chance

NeSTa_86 said:
if chelsea are rady to pay over 60 mln i think that we have to sell him,because with 60 mln we can buy 3 or 4 great players like: Cassano,Totti ,Guti and so on

fırst tottı costs 60mln and second who the hell would want those 3? yeah together they are as good as shevchenko but only one of them can play at a tıme!! remember only 11 players allowed on the fıeld at a tıme nesta86!

sheva cannot be compared to any other players ın europe and ıf somehow he leaves before ı get to see hım play ın chıcago ı wıll blame all of you traıtors!!

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Not too sure why people assume Milan need money. Milan have never been a selling club, mainly because Berlusconi is one of the richest men in Europe - may even be richer than Abramovich.

From the outside - with the haggling over the Gilardino fee - it certainly looks like they're struggling with finances at present, but I find it hard to believe that if Milan ever REALLY needed fast cash, that Berlusconi wouldn't give the club a 'donation'.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cagney said:
Not too sure why people assume Milan need money. Milan have never been a selling club, mainly because Berlusconi is one of the richest men in Europe - may even be richer than Abramovich.

From the outside - with the haggling over the Gilardino fee - it certainly looks like they're struggling with finances at present, but I find it hard to believe that if Milan ever REALLY needed fast cash, that Berlusconi wouldn't give the club a 'donation'.
Milan is consistently in the red + rely heavily on B. to shift over some private money to cover debt every year... At the same time Milan afford themselves the luxury of the most inflated wagebill in Serie A... Dunno, maybe B. plans to actually pass on some of his riches to his children + got a little tired of forking out 30 or 40 million every season on nothing.... who knows.... :D

Back on topic, Sheva has flirted with Roman on more than one occasion + frankly, no one here knows what's *really* on his mind. It's a lot of money, if the offer is serious, IF Sheva wants to leave we shouldn't stop him. I'm tired of all the sentimental crap here, he's replacable like everyone else.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demerio said:
You calm down and put ur head in ur ASS cos u see nothing my friend...

Was that supposed to be a comeback?

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I don' believe Sheva will go. After all, he's got everything here....good atmosphere, good money (i think he earns more than wt's enough for him), and is playing for one of the greatest clubs in the world...i don't see how he'll leave Milan.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
I dont think selling Sheva is a good idea at all, simply because there isn't a more influencial player in the world so he is currently ireplacable. This is because the only striker who equals his all round talent is Thierry Henry, who Arsenal would never sell and even if they did isn't as good in the Serie A as Sheva. I base this on Henry's performance at Juventus. In short there is lttle point in selling Sheva at this moment in time, regardless of how much money is offered because we cant possibly buy a player of equal or better quality.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Il Tsar said:
I dont think selling Sheva is a good idea at all, simply because there isn't a more influencial player in the world so he is currently ireplacable.
I never considered him 'influential'... just as I don't consider him a 'leader'. And he's by no means the type of playmaking forward you make him out to be. Nope.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
I never considered him 'influential'... just as I don't consider him a 'leader'. And he's by no means the type of playmaking forward you make him out to be. Nope.

absolutely correct. he's a goal-scorer, nothing more.

Schedule