Cristian Zapata Thread

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Miha has work to do all over the place, not only the defense.

A plus is the fact that we scored from open play and not counter-attack or dead ball. Also the movement of the Calabria on the first cross was rehearsed because we did the exact same movement on the opposite side with De Sciglio.

Right now the central defense weakest point is the contribution in attack. Zapata has never been distinguished when it comes to attacking headers, and I don't think that Romagnoli has shown much either. That said, our fullbacks right now are a weaker section than our central defense.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Miha has work to do all over the place, not only the defense.

A plus is the fact that we scored from open play and not counter-attack or dead ball. Also the movement of the Calabria on the first cross was rehearsed because we did the exact same movement on the opposite side with De Sciglio.

Right now the central defense weakest point is the contribution in attack. Zapata has never been distinguished when it comes to attacking headers, and I don't think that Romagnoli has shown much either. That said, our fullbacks right now are a weaker section than our central defense.

Rami was good at scoring goals. A pretty useful attribute.

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
he compliments the best with romagnoli. end of story.

yesterday he was good, only 2-3 situations when he fumbled the ball. yes, this comes as a problem from time to times and yesterday kucka or someone had to get a yellow because of his mistake. but last year he was benched so hard that we didn't even see him and this year he is solid as a minimum. if he plays simple, he becomes a very good asset.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Rami was good at scoring goals. A pretty useful attribute.

Yes, and he had better results when going forward... to be fair, Rami disappointed me the year of Inzaghi, especially considering that the previous year with Seedorf he was one of the best on the second half of the season. The fact that we wanted to sell Rami right after buying him makes me think that some things were not very smooth ...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yes, and he had better results when going forward... to be fair, Rami disappointed me the year of Inzaghi, especially considering that the previous year with Seedorf he was one of the best on the second half of the season. The fact that we wanted to sell Rami right after buying him makes me think that some things were not very smooth ...

well, did anybody impress under Inzaghi? :lol:

probably only Menez

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
His touch & passes was a joke. Look at 1st half of the game & spotted his stupid touch on 44th minute.

Come on, you had only 1 job to pass a simple ball & he failed.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
For me, Zapata has been at least as good as Romagnoli the past three matches. Great to see some continuity.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
well, did anybody impress under Inzaghi? :lol:

probably only Menez

It's not about impressing, it's about holding your own weight... Paletta, Antonelli, Bonaventura did that, Abate and Honda were also fairly solid during the first half ... Rami played even worse than Mexes and considering all the brain farts that Mexes has, it's not a small downgrade.

Some of the mistakes were truly bad... I guess we'll never know but the fact that we wanted to sell Rami in August has some meaning.

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
his performance was so awesome this season at CB .... so please Miha, never ever put him in the position other than CB

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Great performance once again. He has really been great since copa America. Keep it up Cris :thumbsup: :proud:

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
C.Zapata:

4 tackles
2 Interceptions
5 Clearances
1 Goal
2 Goals conceded after he was moved from CB to RB. #Warrior

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Could have had an amazing match if miha indeed let him play the full match at cb

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
For me, Zapata has been at least as good as Romagnoli the past three matches. Great to see some continuity.

And he continued this in the first half today imo. It was a shame he got switched to right back because he was terrible as soon as he moved there.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
get your tan on
tumblr_nv8vfc5YVV1qdtqavo1_1280.png

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like the beard look :thumbsup:

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA Like I said previously, Zapata is not good defender when comes to passing, he should be bench again with that kind of major error!

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That was shocking even for his passing ability

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i have no idea why Zapata always make weird pass, even average defender would pass the ball to GK in that situation

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
The fault is not Zapata's for being a bad passer, the fault is with us assuming that suddenly he'll become better at passing. That kind of bad pass can happen at any game. Stop giving him the ball in dangerous situations and things will be fine.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's a bad CB without the ball, but the guy is a serious liability when he has it, which ultimately is making him a bad player.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Its like all mexess mistakes put in a single game. Stick to being bacca tour guide ples.

Schedule