Copa Libertadores

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keeping in mind I don't get the brazilian league...this is the best game since I guess 2001-2002 I've seen D'Alessandro play, he looked like the player he should've supposly become by now, total WC.

Chivas played a good first half, but dissapeared afterwards. Inter having more experience in this situations eventhough they weren't particularly good, took advantage of that, with the score this way, and playing in Brazil...think it's hard for Chivas (that said, mexican teams are really hard teams to beat, and they fight their ass off-watch Chivas bend over after I wrote this-).

D'Alessandro better games are always in derbys, decisions, playoffs... But he is good overall.

Giuliano is incredible, Pippo level of :star: he scored another decisive goal.

Inter is a better team than Chivas is. Dominated the game today. With Tinga back in Beira-Rio, Chivas will have to put some kind of miracle next week.

BTW, I missed the Libertadores atmosphere today. No chants, no smoke, no crazy supporters, no interruptions... Looked like a WC or UCL game, too clean and silent for my taste. Next week Beira-Rio will be like hell.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love the atmosphere in Porto Alegre today. It's like the all the normal business in city have stopped and everyone is waiting for a big party. A lot of people dressed in red, chanting without visible reason, people smiling and talking with strangers about the game, a lot of red flags by the city... The blue side of the city almost desapeared today.

There is another sport who can achieve such level of commitment from the people to a club and change in that way the routine of a city?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
There is another sport who can achieve such level of commitment from the people to a club and change in that way the routine of a city?

Hockey in Canada?

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
OMG Fabián scored one of the most beautiful goals I ever saw in Libertadores. Voleio-bicicleta!

Inter is playing better so far but really tough game.

Giuliano might come in for the second time and things might change though.

Anyway, too bad that Sandro was already sold. Inter would have better chances against Inter with him.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Not exactly the most impressive game, but Inter deserved it. There was too much tension from the start (awful scenes at the end, apparently a fan from Inter went in to spit on Chivas players)...since the moment of the anthems (they shouldn't sing them in this competitions).

Kleberson was quite good, as well as Tinga, and Chivas keeper kept them 1-0 for quite a while. Sobis goal was the one that changed the whole game. Giuliano fought well against 3-4 defenders in their 3rd goal...gotta say D'Alessandro wasn't as good as in the other game.

So it seems we'll see an Inter vs Inter final in the CWC.

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Better then UCL final.

Inter did great. Sandro, Guinazu, Tinga and D'ale was one of the best midfields of the world. Very tough and also very skilled.

Taison was awesome. I didn't understand why he got subbed. He fought hard and never gave up. Way better than Neymar and Robinho.

Giuliano has everything to become one of my favorite players. He's fucking skilled, plays in every position of attack, doesn't do useless tricky-Joga Bonito moves and also very tough.

Inter played, with 2 argentineans on the pitch, the real and great samba-football.

Last edited:

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Youtube HL plz :D
yay Giuliano became one of top scorer !

I love this kids.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Youtube HL plz :D
yay Giuliano became one of top scorer !

I love this kids.

Chivas second goal is missing in this video, but still...

Giuliano goal is awesome. He should also be chosen the best player of the tournament (but I think it will go to D'Alessandro), and this been used all Libertadores as second half sub. He scored the goal of qualification in the group stage, the goal of qualification in the quarter finals, one decisive goal in the semis, and two in the finals. Unbeliveable.

Better then UCL final.

Inter did great. Sandro, Guinazu, Tinga and D'ale was one of the best midfields of the world. Very tough and also very skilled.

Taison was awesome. I didn't understand why he got subbed. He fought hard and never gave up. Way better than Neymar and Robinho.

Giuliano has everything to become one of my favorite players. He's fucking skilled, plays in every position of attack, doesn't do useless tricky-Joga Bonito moves and also very tough.

Inter played, with 2 argentineans on the pitch, the real and great samba-football.

Taison was subbed because he was feeling pain on his knee. But he was still running like crazy.

And I agree with you (some argentinean papers also) that this team looks very argentine in his style of play. A very tatically aware team, solid in the midfield, always trying to control the game by possession and a very skilled attack - but very direct also. Reminds me a bit that Boca Juniors from years ago. Experience in decisions also helps, they always stayed cold and managed to regain control of the game when one goal down.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not exactly the most impressive game, but Inter deserved it. There was too much tension from the start (awful scenes at the end, apparently a fan from Inter went in to spit on Chivas players)...since the moment of the anthems (they shouldn't sing them in this competitions).

This anthems always pissed me off. Here in Brazil it's law, every game in the national league must feature the national anthem before the game... So stupid and so fascist.

Here in Rio Grande do Sul people prefers the State Anthem, and the crowd always sing it when they are supposed to sing the national anthem (or sing one with more power than the other). And so we got a fame of separatists...

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
The way Guiliano took on the two defenders was just great - it's one of the hardest ways to take on 2 players - and he did it perfectly. He's probably not that famous around the world just because he doesn't "Joga Bonita" his way through oppositions, but he seems pretty talented.

I watched the match just after Chivas scored - loved the atmosphere...and how the players didn't dive their way in the game.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
wasn't guiliano captain of u20 world cup team? I know Inter value him highly, ands won't let him go cheap (just like pato)

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
wasn't guiliano captain of u20 world cup team? I know Inter value him highly, ands won't let him go cheap (just like pato)
Yes he was. That's where I watched him.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

You should hear his interviews, guy is very intelligent, he speaks like a 30 years-old player.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OgAAAMBwep5MMtmlbZ7rLJLPvmN4wccvhrtinxKEvTJmQOs_JtEA_v69iYNfBiOwXJeV1MzpJQ0lkCxYtrlqSvSYWMoAm1T1UE1EN6zqGY75Nb0PtGRidNogJKmY.jpg

Libertadores :proud:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Neymar looks like better version of Binho. :o

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Will it help our chances or worsen our chancea of getting Ganso if Santos win tonight???

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They are through to next round already so no idea. They are competing with Colo-Colo for top spot. Today's last matchday I believe.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Colo-Colo also leading, that way Santos will finish second and face a harder team on the next round.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ganso moved okay I felt for 1st half, still seems cautious after coming from back from that knee injury.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing free-kick

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah, came out of nowhere!

Edit: 3-1 now, only after some good work by Neymar and a miss of the Libertadores season(?) by No.20, Ze Eduardo (subbed BTW now), Danilo scores.

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cerro all over Colo-Colo now, the Chileans are on danger, one more goal and they're out.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cerro all over Colo-Colo now, the Chileans are on danger, one more goal and they're out.

I saw your comment and switched to it, and guess what, awesome free-kick. :lol:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol: they were leading 2-0 and now 2-3. :lol:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chileans out, must have been watching Arsenal of late. :tongue:

Am off to sleep, 6 in the morning. :fp:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a great game this Argentinos Juniors x Fluminense. It was 2 x 3 at some point in the second half, but the two teams needed one more goal to qualify, and so both were attacking like crazy. Fluminense qualified on heroics, with a goal on the minute 89, though clearly their penalty was wrong called by the refree.

And at the end some great MMA stuff all around the field :lol:

So, the round of 16 will be:

Cruzeiro x Once Caldas
América-MEX x Santos

Junior x Jaguares
Cerro Porteño x Estudiantes

Libertad x Fluminense
LDU x Vélez

Internacional x Peñarol
Universidad Católica x Grêmio

There is a possible Grenal - the Rio Grande do Sul derby - on the quarters. Porto Alegre will need police reinforcement, but those games will be epic (if both teams win their ties first, of course).

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No Boca Juniors? :head: