Dominic Adiyiah Thread

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Are you sure?

agree. I'm not so hyped over this players like many others. First we don't know this kid at all except that he scored 7 goals in u20 (nice). Second he plays in the norwegian league, not a league with a lot of quality except for Rosenborg.

+ he didn't even play as a regular starter in fredrikstad, I read somewhere that he played/started 8 of 28 games this season. It is also worth to know that fredrikstad isn't even a good team, they were almost relegated this season, made it to playoff, it still isn't sure if they will be relegated. I dont know when the playoff is.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think adiyiah is a player that will give us any quality this season, maybe in the future. We need players like krasic and dzeko right now

well if we just used our non-eu slot for adiyiah, we're not getting dzeko or krasic

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
Even if we hadn't used the spot to buy Adiyah i am sure we would have missed out on the likes of krasic suarez and hernanes it is obvious to me at least that there simply isn't the budget available to get this type of player. The only possibility we could have chased we be to use the spot to chase some relatively unknown non eu play maker. Looking at is available amongst some of the teenage players in the world i doubt we could have brought some one in who could have dominated that position. In terms of Adiyiah technical ability from what i saw in the under 20 competition he has the ability to beat defenders using skill.

As for Berlusconi he is insisting on cost cutting policy that is my major problem at this point, it is worth being being in debt otherwise we could miss out on the 40 million euros gained by competing in the champions league. I know he has some sever problems at the moment but he is has such massive resources at his disposal it seems ridiculous that he isn't able to invest 30 million euros in Milan. Berlusconi maybe the guardian angel of Milan but right now he needs a firm kick up the butt. :head:
I'm sure we have some left over funds from Kaka's sale. Anything below 15M should definitely be attainable. Krasic himself did say we asked for his availability/price and there has been constant contact. G wouldn't have bothered to have gone back had he thought he was unattainable. I know we wont be able to use him in the league, but he would come in real handy in the league. I think most of G's Primavera acquisitions were based on the fact that their price tags would surely increase over the coming years.
I'm not saying Adiyiah is a bad purchase, but he doesnt have the experience to solve our current problems.
Just take Hunt and Ronnie for example, both are very talented+come from decent leagues and are still finding it real hard to settle in. Sure Ronnie's old but what about Hunt?

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
I'm sure we have some left over funds from Kaka's sale. Anything below 15M should definitely be attainable. Krasic himself did say we asked for his availability/price and there has been constant contact. G wouldn't have bothered to have gone back had he thought he was unattainable. I know we wont be able to use him in the league, but he would come in real handy in the league. I think most of G's Primavera acquisitions were based on the fact that their price tags would surely increase over the coming years.
I'm not saying Adiyiah is a bad purchase, but he doesnt have the experience to solve our current problems.
Just take Hunt and Ronnie for example, both are very talented+come from decent leagues and are still finding it real hard to settle in. Sure Ronnie's old but what about Hunt?

Krasic did seem possible i am sure Milan could have arranged a payment programme for the player i just it was that Leonardo and Galliani identified so many problems within Milan that 15 million euros to spend of one player would have been counter productive.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
well if we just used our non-eu slot for adiyiah, we're not getting dzeko or krasic

yep... i'm incredibly disappointed. This move was purely made for profit. B wants to buy him cheap for 1.3 mil and then in a year or so sell him for 10-20 mil if he does well... and if he's very good then we keep him.... personally I am pissed off. We don't fucking need a striker, especially not a 5'7'' midget striker like Adiyiah. Have we just given up on paloschi now??? I am not happy about this. We have used our non-EU spot so Krasic and Dzeko are not possibilities anymore, and now having yet another striker here severely reduces Paloschi's chances of coming back. We will sell him fully to Parma and I will be pissed... yes Adiyiah is cheap, but there's too many other factors here that make it a bad purchase for me. wow, he plays for the norwegian league and was top scorer with 8 goals in the u-20 world cup against child defenders... I'm sorry, but we've all seen how we need strength up front. With Borri in attack we are much better, and this guy is 5'7''.... come on.... this is 100% the cheap B&G solution. My dream of Dzeko Paloschi and Borri being our strikers for next season just took a huge hit and I am not celebrating this signing at all. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I still don't like it. Once again, this is yet another signal to me that we are moving further and further in the wrong direction.

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
yep... i'm incredibly disappointed. This move was purely made for profit. B wants to buy him cheap for 1.3 mil and then in a year or so sell him for 10-20 mil if he does well... and if he's very good then we keep him.... personally I am pissed off. We don't fucking need a striker, especially not a 5'7'' midget striker like Adiyiah. Have we just given up on paloschi now??? I am not happy about this. We have used our non-EU spot so Krasic and Dzeko are not possibilities anymore, and now having yet another striker here severely reduces Paloschi's chances of coming back. We will sell him fully to Parma and I will be pissed... yes Adiyiah is cheap, but there's too many other factors here that make it a bad purchase for me. I'm sorry, but we've all seen how we need strength up front. With Borri in attack we are much better, and this guy is 5'7''.... come on.... this is 100% the cheap B&G solution. My dream of Dzeko Paloschi and Borri being our strikers for next season just took a huge hit and I am not celebrating this signing at all. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I still don't like it.

Dzeko was not coming in January anyway...

Dominic is seen as backup for Pato and Dinho by our management BTW.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Rossi is a huge player, a massive 173 cm monster.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
STICKY this thread. We can't have something go wrong again can we?

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
STICKY this thread. We can't have something go wrong again can we?

Can we? :)

Dominic fails medical.
AC Milan bids for Krasic.
Milan signs Krasic.

I mean. First disappointed without getting Cissokho, now without getting Krasic. Can't wait for summer! :o

Oh, and I forget to mention Ronaldinho signing, and Gourcuff sell. :D

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Rossi is a huge player, a massive 173 cm monster.

you again?? once again the man who desperately needs prozac.

anyways, I didn't even mention Rossi, my problem is that we just gave up on a Milan youth product in Paloschi by signing this guy. Also, we just gave up on Dzeko or Krasic as well. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have either one of those 3 over here at Milan than Adiyiah. I know you will disagree just to disagree and also because you absolutely hate every single italian player and for some reason hate Krasic and Dzeko as well... maybe something happened to you as a child to make you so angry?

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dzeko was not coming in January anyway...

Dominic is seen as backup for Pato and Dinho by our management BTW.

i know, krasic was though... now thats impossible and i'm pissed. we needed krasic FAAAAAR more than another striker who might not even play

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

anyways, I didn't even mention Rossi, my problem is that we just gave up on a Milan youth product in Paloschi by signing this guy. Also, we just gave up on Dzeko or Krasic as well. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have either one of those 3 over here at Milan than Adiyiah. I know you will disagree just to disagree and also because you absolutely hate every single italian player and for some reason hate Krasic and Dzeko as well... maybe something happened to you as a child to make you so angry?

Milan is not giving up on Paloschi. Dominic is seen as backup for Pato and Ronaldinho.
Dzeko was not available in January anyway, so this doesn't matter for that.
Krasic is probably given up, as Dominic is the cheap alternative. :cry:

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'd like to think that the management has a plan, ie: paloschi and pato with a new cf, put adiyiah on the primavera for this season and start bringing him into games next season when inzaghi is too old.

Maybe this means we're giving up on Paloschi in general. If that's the case, then it's just another example of milan being to cheap to do the right thing

And just one more time because people can't seem to figure it out:
if we sign Adiyiah, he takes our non-eu slot, so NO dzeko and NO krasic

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

You ALWAYS bring up rossi, that post was probably 1 in a thousand.

I dont hate young italians, i love any player thats good for Milan, but Italians are overpriced these days, surely you wouldnt want Milan investing 20million on d'agostino and ditch a better player(and younger) in lets say hernanes for 10-15?

The krasic hype is annoying, ive seen him, hes good but we were never SERIOUSLY linked with him in the first place, so nagging about sth that wont happen is annoying.

btw, I love dzeko, hes the perfect striker for Milan.

Dom is a wide player/second striker whos basicly gonna play instead of dinho or pato, Paloschi(if he comes back) is gonna face it off with huntelaar, borri and pippo(whos most probably gonna retire)

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can wait for summer either! Outgoing:pato, Nesta Incoming:Toni, Materazzo

It wouldnt surprise me if this :star:Financially Stable:star: In A Complete Recession:o While Market Is Inflated:o FTW:star: trend continues

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Personally I find it hilarious the same people who always blast management fornit signing youth blast them for this signing?! LOL so do you want young talent or do u just want ur specific YouTube jackoff fetish like huntelaar

I don't know too much about him. From what I've seen he is ridiculously fast strong on ball and a good finisher. Guys Milan just signed THE player of tournament from u20 world cup! What more do you want? He's 19 and promising... I'm sure hell struggle initially... He's young but he could grow into an asset

Btw being 170cm isn't a problem IMO cause he's very strong on ball. Personally these were always players I hated to play against most short and strong is a defenders nightmare... My point is we just signed best player in u20 world cup, this is type of signing we all ask for. Give him a chance he could grow into something special. And if not, eh well sell him

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Personally I find it hilarious the same people who always blast management fornit signing youth blast them for this signing?! LOL so do you want young talent or do u just want ur specific YouTube jackoff fetish like huntelaar

I don't know too much about him. From what I've seen he is ridiculously fast strong on ball and a good finisher. Guys Milan just signed THE player of tournament from u20 world cup! What more do you want? He's 19 and promising... I'm sure hell struggle initially... He's young but he could grow into an asset

Btw being 170cm isn't a problem IMO cause he's very strong on ball. Personally these were always players I hated to play against most short and strong is a defenders nightmare... My point is we just signed best player in u20 world cup, this is type of signing we all ask for. Give him a chance he could grow into something special. And if not, eh well sell him
+1

Being short is a great advantage, faster, lower center of gravity, which helps with mobility and ball control. I haven't seen him play but depending how physical he is, he could just power through defenders. Maybe im just being optomistic or naive but youth and speed is something milan needs.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
personally i find it hilarious the same people who always blast management fornit signing youth blast them for this signing?! Lol so do you want young talent or do u just want ur specific youtube jackoff fetish like huntelaar

i don't know too much about him. From what i've seen he is ridiculously fast strong on ball and a good finisher. Guys milan just signed the player of tournament from u20 world cup! What more do you want? He's 19 and promising... I'm sure hell struggle initially... He's young but he could grow into an asset

btw being 170cm isn't a problem imo cause he's very strong on ball. Personally these were always players i hated to play against most short and strong is a defenders nightmare... My point is we just signed best player in u20 world cup, this is type of signing we all ask for. Give him a chance he could grow into something special. And if not, eh well sell him

+10 :d

panserjohan

Primavera
Reaction score
I know I have said this before, but I'll say it again.

I have seen Adiyah play a bunch of times for Fredrikstad i the Norwegian league, and thinking of the rather low level of play and players i Norway, it's wierd that no one on Norway have taken notice of this Adiyah.

I know that he was'nt considerd good enough for the Fredrikstad firsth team, this being a team who's struggeling against regulation and bankruptcy here in Norway. He played regularely on Fredrikstads second team, but did'nt shine.

So I think it's wierd that this player is considered good enogh for Milan.

Fredrikstad must be feeling like winning the jackpot by selling this player.

He is not a wery smart footballer, he's cranky when things does not go his way, and is not consistant at all. He is not good enogh for a Norwegian team who's just about to be regulated, but good enough for Milan? I really do not think so.

Having seen him play, I would'nt have signed him.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
I still think we should loan him out to some Serie B club until next year so he can get used to Italian football but whatevs. I know everyone wanted Krasic but you gotta admit this guy looks pretty damn good. Plus he does that sweet ass dance when he scores, or maybe that's just when he's with his Ghana teammates.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I still think we should loan him out to some Serie B club until next year so he can get used to Italian football but whatevs. I know everyone wanted Krasic but you gotta admit this guy looks pretty damn good. Plus he does that sweet ass dance when he scores, or maybe that's just when he's with his Ghana teammates.

We don't have enough depth in wide forwards to loan him out.

Pato#1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo
i have not seen an official note on the club site for his purchase..is this another goal.com things or it is true...

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
you fucked up my day

lets give him a chance...

dzeko will come in summer

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i have not seen an official note on the club site for his purchase..is this another goal.com things or it is true...

galliani mentioned before the parma match that it wasn't official yet, but they're working out contract details

He is not a very smart footballer, he's cranky when things does not go his way, and is not consistant at all.
That sounds like half of milan

In all honesty there is a good chance this is just a business buy, and will have little or no effect on Milan. Maybe our scouts saw some potential, and for his price, they convinced the management to pick him up. If we loan him to another serie a team, we can see if he will succeed in serie a and then decide what to do with him

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
In all honesty there is a good chance this is just a business buy, and will have little or no effect on Milan. Maybe our scouts saw some potential, and for his price, they convinced the management to pick him up. If we loan him to another serie a team, we can see if he will succeed in serie a and then decide what to do with him

I'm not too big on this guy, and as usual I will get shit from all the people out here who don't like negative comments on people. anyways, I'm just mad since there's countless other players who we could use that could help Milan NOW, but instead this definitely seems like B&G trying to find a cheap alternative, and I don't like that way of thinking for a club like Milan. We've sold both Kaka and Gourcuff and brought in Huntelaar and Adiyiah... wow.... great stuff here....

on another note, does anybody know who was the one pushing for this guy?? if it was Leo I might be a little more open to it seeing as Leo always has a great eye for talent.

muazajz

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Iniesta, Maldini, Torres, Pato, Gerrard, Fabregas, Totti, De Rossi, Gourcuff
It's hilarious how everyone was crying about how we never sign any youth. We just signed THE young player ie. the Golden Boot of the U-20s. Not to mention we only gave out 1.3 million for him. And how many of you had even heard of Krasic before he was linked with us? Also, I highly doubt we're giving up on Dzeko considering the fact that he was willing to trade his left testicle to play for us. So let's stop bitching and start hoping Dominic is world class.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's hilarious how everyone was crying about how we never sign any youth. We just signed THE young player ie. the Golden Boot of the U-20s. Not to mention we only gave out 1.3 million for him. And how many of you had even heard of Krasic before he was linked with us? Also, I highly doubt we're giving up on Dzeko considering the fact that he was willing to trade his left testicle to play for us. So let's stop bitching and start hoping Dominic is world class.

if you're including me in that group, I was never the one who bitched about not signing young players. btw, Adiyiah's goal scoring record with Fredrikstad is AMAZING!

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if you're including me in that group, I was never the one who bitched about not signing young players. btw, Adiyiah's goal scoring record with Fredrikstad is AMAZING!

I know. Amazing. It doesn't give me a good feeling about this transfer.

I know too many players who were amazing at U20 tournaments but SUCK outside it.

I like being proven wrong.

+ we are not talking only about some young investment, but about our last non-EU spot for this season

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know. Amazing. It doesn't give me a good feeling about this transfer.

I know too many players who were amazing at U20 tournaments but SUCK outside it.

I like being proven wrong.

+ we are not talking only about some young investment, but about our last non-EU spot for this season

thank you Pedro..... FINALLY someone who reads a full post instead of one line and bashing me. I am not pissed that he's a young player. that would be dumb. I am pissed that our non-EU is gone and now we can just give up on proven players like Dzeko and Krasic who could help Milan NOW! I don't want a player who MIGHT become soemthing great. We have some in the works, I just want a player who I know will be good and also has room for improvement on top of that, i.e. - Krasic, Dzeko, Hamsik, Criscito, etc. Another aspect I'm angry about is that it seems that we are giving up on our own youth product in Paloschi by signing another striker... I don't like seeing Milan abandon its youth products for anyone. I will say it once again... we are becoming more and more like Inter everyday.

On another note, I never said I dislike this guy, and I really do want him to do well since it would help Milan out. I just don't think its that great of a signing.

Schedule