Leonel Vangioni Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rocco has identified him as a possible reinforcement when he was in South America earlier this month.
SKY and GDS reported Milan are very interested and this week SKY said Milan have officially approached River and are expecting a response on the price etc.
He has Italian citizenship.
Seems to be a genuine interest.

@Milanello Oct 17
Video: Leonel Vangioni's goals and skills for River Plate:

Armero must have left a very bad impression on Pippo & co. if they want to sign a LB.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Update: @MilanEye Milan haven't closed the deal for Vangioni yet, but the interest is conrete and contacts are ongoing. #Sky

Rumors were that River set a 5-7m price tag on him.

edit: Looks like this is another bs from Milan eye, its not on milannews or gdm website

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
27 yo still not playing in Europe, doesn´t sound great to me. I don´t know him but from his CV I rather have Pasquale, although Pasquale is simply to old to be signed as FB.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Somehow Europeans think everyone must play their football in that island. Thank God for Pelle.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
dint know graziano pelle played in south america.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
wonderful latinos rock music...

okay serious note: atleast they throw some heroic save and one tackle :rolleyes:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He will play two bad games and R&B will call him Leonel Vagina

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Loan with option to buy only please :g:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan are working to sign Vangioni from River Plate in the summer, according to @DiMarzio

Would not mind him as Antonelli's back up. He'll be a free agent in the summer.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Wrong, wrong, wrong type of deal for us. I don't need to see highlights to know that at 90% he's not a player that can make the difference, probably not even Armero level.

He's being bought as a backup and is already 28 (will be 29 in May). You can't tell me that there is not a young player in Italy that would be at his level and most likely have a much smaller salary and a higher ceiling in terms of growth . Heck, even Calabria is probably not worse than him.

If we buy him, he'll either warm the bench until the end of time or be sold after a year to a turkish team after paying some extra money to end his contract sooner. Where did they get this guy, at Football Manager?

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso

Those red are :o

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
CXRnoFUWcAACsLE.jpg

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Galliani confirmed earlier today that Vangioni will join Milan. Remains to be seen whether he'll join now or in the summer

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Galliani said Vangioni is confirmed for the summer and he might even come in January but it depends on River Plate who we have a good rapport with.

Here's one of the better youtube videos I've seen of him:

But these two videos below are of very poor quality but they are each above 25 minutes... If anyone here has time to watch 50 minutes of Vangioni I'll attach the links. I must say that I just saw the first of the videos and I'm very impressed. He seems like he can defend well, attack very well, cross really well, shoot really well and most importantly has a lot of character. He could be one of the best free agents Galliani has picked up. He seems to definitely be better than all of our fullbacks combined. We should take any offer for De Sciglio and rotate the LB role between Antonelli and Vangioni if we have any ambition of returning to winning titles again.

The footage in the last couple of videos I haven't seen in any of his recent videos. It's worth the watch especially now that Galliani has confirmed the signing for the summer at the latest.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
29 yrs old in may 2016 :eek:

peak-era of a defender :g:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Same can be said for Barzagli and Rannochia. Let's get them too.

ykou

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
not convinced for this deal. might be another Mesbah

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Always liked him in River Plate. He's a good player and he's gritty.

But not sure he's good enough to make impact in Milan specially coming to Europe at 29 and all that... Weird deal.

Anyway we need a new fullback. Send Calabria on loan for 2 or 3 seasons plz

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Milan has a history of older signings doing well in the fullback role. Cafu, Pancaro, Antonini, Favalli, Oddo, Jankulovski...Antonelli looks fine so far.. So I'm not that worried about age.

Much rather late twenties than Calabria, De Sciglio, Abate, Taiwo type youngsters without consistency.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Milan has a history of older signings doing well in the fullback role. Cafu, Pancaro, Antonini, Favalli, Oddo, Jankulovski...Antonelli looks fine so far.. So I'm not that worried about age.

Much rather late twenties than Calabria, De Sciglio, Abate, Taiwo type youngsters without consistency.

Hmmmmm

Abate was converted after years of Carlo saying no to him

Taiwo was supposed to be a beast and not a kid on his way up.

Antonini had one good season and then went to crap - How can you distinguish between his time here and De Sciglio.

Oddo , Favalli had better teams and limited chances.

But yes we need a competent player that will be consistent, regardless of age. Also him coming to a new league and a disjointed team cant be seen as a positive to be a calming effect at the back.

Seems to be a risk and the reason it still hasnt gone through (money of transfer is outweighing the upside)

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Highlighted are very dubious as " doing well" , Oddo was good for a while and Antonini was very serviceable for the most part .
Antonelli should be our starting LB no question for me with DeS as his back up.

How dare you forget to mention Zambrotta though! :)

A bad comparison but would you rather say Manuel Pasqual/ Vangioni or any of the younger guys you've mentioned ?
Vangioni ? IF he comes of course I hope he does well, but I have no faith in our South American system.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Risky move, worst fear is that I'm not sure how good he'll be defensively and how strong positionally and tactically he is. If he's bought to be a backup to Antonini, than this deal becomes even more confusing considering that we could have found a backup here in Italy that wouldn't need time to get familiar with Serie A, learn the language, settle down, etc.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
******ed move. Absolutely pointless. Why buy this guy when we have a good number of SB's. Abate, Anto, DeS, and even Calabria should get mroe PT than this guy. If he does "work out" for us he'd be a like-for-like. Absolutely wrong thing to focus our attention on, but this is typical of Galliani, he just sees deals regardless of whether or not they're necessary. For us its time to look at #1: a top class CM like Verratti. #2 a top class CB. Other than that this team has very good coverage right now.

ykou

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
******ed move. Absolutely pointless. Why buy this guy when we have a good number of SB's. Abate, Anto, DeS, and even Calabria should get mroe PT than this guy. If he does "work out" for us he'd be a like-for-like. Absolutely wrong thing to focus our attention on, but this is typical of Galliani, he just sees deals regardless of whether or not they're necessary. For us its time to look at #1: a top class CM like Verratti. #2 a top class CB. Other than that this team has very good coverage right now.

exactly. maybe the plan is sign him and loan him out. :)

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
It's a tactical signing.

On summer there will be a bid-war for Ricardo Rodriguez, then Wolfsburg will have a lot of money and no replacement for him, so they will panic buy Vangioni for 10ml.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This signing is very good.Vangioni can be our new Serginho.To be in position for scudetto you need quality from the bench.

Last edited: