The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Yes please!

�� | La Repubblica

An major Arab group is interested in buying a stake in Milan. It's unclear whether they want to partner Li Yonghong or buy his entire shares.

A multinational American company specialized in construction & infrastruture interested in Milan's stadium project. https://t.co/RDAvLwxxeN

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With Sheikhs we can buy our way out of trouble.

Benevento score a late equalizer? We buy their goalkeeper.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
Yes to Arabs
Any investor would be smart to buy ac milan now, the owners are on huge loans and the team isn't doing great, so they will have the upper hand in negotiations
in the other hand the team has many good plaers, it only needs 2-3 top players and a master coach

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Yes please!

�� | La Repubblica

An major Arab group is interested in buying a stake in Milan. It's unclear whether they want to partner Li Yonghong or buy his entire shares.

A multinational American company specialized in construction & infrastruture interested in Milan's stadium project. https://t.co/RDAvLwxxeN

Yeah lol, never gonna happen.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Let it be MbS please. Saudi is the new Dubai.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella actually improved the defense, in November we kept 3 clean sheets in 5 games and the defense looked more organized too.
Gattuso managed to destroy 1 month worth of progress.

Too early to write Gattuso off but right now sacking Montella for him looks as stupid as it sounded right away.

Let's not act like there was something like «progress» in the last month. At least not serious progress. Every week I heard Montella talking about progress in every post-match interview and yet we were playing the same shit week in week out since months. No one can convince me there was anything like «progress».

---

Some thoughts about the match:

Is it just me or did we play quite okay-ish, at times even good especially after we took the lead? I think I even saw us trying some more vertical passes, especially before the 1:0, some triangulations and one-two's too. It wasn't that bad.

Moreover, Benevento did play some good and organized football in the last few weeks. Their standings in the table made them look like the worst team on earth, but since De Zerbio took over some weeks ago they have gotten some momentum. Atalanta struggled big times against Benevento, scoring only in the 75th minute, the week before Benevento only lost thanks to Berardi's goal in the 94th (!) minute. And against Juventus they even lead the game by 1:0 until the 65th minute – away (!!). So let's not act like this game was there to be won by 5:0 just like that. Inter faced that team in a state where they were hitting rock bottom, we faced them in their best state of form while we are in our worst. We conceeded a last-second goal from their goalkeeper, a no-name man who scored the header of his life, not even Ronaldo or Zlatan could have executet that header better than him ffs. They way this goal happened is one of the most unluckiest stuff I have ever seen in my life.

:star:SHEIKHS!!:star:

It seems unreal to me that Yonghong Li would take such a risk with the Elliott loan, throw all that money into ACM and then sell it with hardly a profit. Why all this efforts and risks for so little profit? I'm not convinced.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
meanwhile our ale giveaway a sure win

more :proud:

Was there a contact with his second yellow? Wasn't sure, did look like a dive to me. And the 1st yellow was an invention of the referee.

However, true that if you're booked you can't make a tackle like that one, that was dumb. Plain dumb. Distroyed an otherwise good performance.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's not act like there was something like «progress» in the last month. At least not serious progress. Every week I heard Montella talking about progress in every post-match interview and yet we were playing the same shit week in week out since months. No one can convince me there was anything like «progress».

I was talking about the defense and this department improved a lot, overall development is a different story.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was talking about the defense and this department improved a lot, overall development is a different story.

True, but I'm not sure how much it's really on Montella or on the simple fact that our defence is made of very good players who just needed some time to adapt since it's the 1st season they play in that constellation.

If there is anything like a Montella effect than that he made one of the best defenders of the world, who has recently been elected in worlds 1st XI and also in Serie A's 1st XI like an amateur. ;)

Gattuso had one game, the scoring opportunities we conceeded have been conceeded already before, the goals we conceeded yesterday was a lucky gk header where Abate was trying to mark the referee (or so?) and a double chance after a not so good effort to clean the ball after a corner. It's a little like well... can't see much.

At least there were some ideas of what Gattuso want us to play like (I have seen more triangulations and one-twos in this single game than in all of Montellas before). Ofc only until Roma was sent off and Rino decided to play a 5-man defence (in retroperspective it was an error to give up midfield entirely).

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
True, but I'm not sure how much it's really on Montella or on the simple fact that our defence is made of very good players who just needed some time to adapt since it's the 1st season they play in that constellation.

If there is anything like a Montella effect than that he made one of the best defenders of the world, who has recently been elected in worlds 1st XI and also in Serie A's 1st XI like an amateur. ;)

Gattuso had one game, the scoring opportunities we conceeded have been conceeded already before, the goals we conceeded yesterday was a lucky gk header where Abate was trying to mark the referee (or so?) and a double chance after a not so good effort to clean the ball after a corner. It's a little like well... can't see much.

At least there were some ideas of what Gattuso want us to play like (I have seen more triangulations and one-twos in this single game than in all of Montellas before). Ofc only until Roma was sent off and Rino decided to play a 5-man defence (in retroperspective it was an error to give up midfield entirely).

Montella adjusted the wingbacks to shift to 4 at the back at times and replaced Musacchio with Zapata, both moves improved the defense.

Yesterday the defense looked much more exposed again while I´d agree that the attack and parts of the build up improved.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Back then, Auba has to compete with Inzaghi, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho. There's literally no room for him. He got his chance as a loanee, but still, he didn't bloom yet.

Cristante is good. But he wanted to leave Milan, instead of being patient. His Benfica spell also a failure.

There's a lot of Milan youngsters turns out to be a late bloomer. Only Simone Verdi has the gut to say "i wasn't ready back then". Milan can't wait for them, unfortunately

In 2-3 yrs. Maybe (Just Maybe) Niang finally get a little smarter infield and actually performs good every week. would you guys say that he didn't get enough chances? I dare you, some of you will.

The best way to groom this talent is by using a sister club. Barcelona B & Madrid B are a good example.

Comparing Niang the player that basically had 3 seasons worth of chances here to the others who have had half a game is 2 very different things.

Auba didnt even get a game here if I'm not mistaken, and he always did well internationally and he did well on loan in spain before we sold him.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella adjusted the wingbacks to shift to 4 at the back at times and replaced Musacchio with Zapata, both moves improved the defense.

Yesterday the defense looked much more exposed again while I´d agree that the attack and parts of the build up improved.

We didn't have any of these problems last season with a 433.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
العربية بويز​

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
I have absolutely no faith in Rino, but let's at least give him more than one match before completely shitting on him.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we can't shit on a man who we all know isn't a good coach and will be replaced in the summer. Respect him even if this falls into a disaster which it very well could.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I don't think people actually shit on Gattuso. We didn't seriously expect much and he isn't a top tier manager - we all know that, right? We've seen his previous exploits.

Everyone knows he's here as a placeholder and I think the rest of the season with him is a scary proposition unless we invest heavily in January.

Nothing but love for the guy but you can't close your eyes in the face of facts.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes to Arabs
Any investor would be smart to buy ac milan now, the owners are on huge loans and the team isn't doing great, so they will have the upper hand in negotiations
in the other hand the team has many good plaers, it only needs 2-3 top players and a master coach

We are going down the same path as Inter. This current Chinese group that owns us is like Thohir was to Inter. They don't have the financial power to back the club long term. I think this refinancing of the loan is a way to buy time and get a deal done to sell to another ownership group. We are in a transition phase.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think people actually shit on Gattuso. We didn't seriously expect much and he isn't a top tier manager - we all know that, right? We've seen his previous exploits.

Everyone knows he's here as a placeholder and I think the rest of the season with him is a scary proposition unless we invest heavily in January.

Nothing but love for the guy but you can't close your eyes in the face of facts.

At this point it's not about Gattuso. Now we can judge who was a flop and who was not from the summer purchases as we go from one manager to another. Almost everyone looks like a flop right now. Borini might have been the best purchase right now for price. If we stay with the same ownership group then Mirabelli may be the next one to pay the price if we continue like this the rest of the season.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With Montella gone, AC Milan blame shifts to Mirabelli

Following the dismissal of manager Vincenzo Montella, pundits and fans of AC Milan have begun their search for who to blame next. With Milan’s shocking struggles, culminating in yesterday’s historic draw to lowly Benevento, despite spending ~€220 million this past summer, people don’t have to look far to find the hottest seat in Milan.

Replacing Adriano Galliani was always going to be a difficult task. The responsibility fell on Massimo Mirabelli following the sale of the club. The new executive went to work immediately and signed stars Nikola Kalinic, Franck Kessie, Lucas Biglia, and many others.

Already having received rave reviews for the moves he made, Mirabelli went out and made his biggest: the acquisition of Leonardo Bonucci. All signs pointed to a return of the world-class AC Milan we’ve known for nearly a century.

However, in the wake of their desperate struggles this season, it appears that Mirabelli’s moves have done nothing to reverse AC Milan’s fortunes in recent history. In fact, despite the gigantic expenditure and initial praise received, it appears that his moves have weakened the club.

Andre Silva, who arrived from Porto for 38 million euros is yet to score a league goal. Andrea Conti has missed most of the season with a serious injury. Hakan Calhanoglu has done nothing to prove he deserves the #10 that he wears. Mateo Musacchio looks like a traffic cone on the back line.

However, the aforementioned Bonucci has been his biggest disappointment. Costing 42 million euros and Mattia De Sciglio, and pulling down a 7 million euro net salary, the new captain has quickly become public enemy #1 among the fans, and a punchline around the league.

Montella, despite the team’s deep struggles, was given far more chances than fans, and pundits, thought he should have. One reason for this was that he served as a buffer for criticism. He was the man fans and pundits could point to when assigning blame. Now, with him gone, those fingers are pointed squarely at Mirabelli.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Riyadh-2.jpg

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso to @MilanTV: "I couldn't sleep last night because of the disappointment. There is a lot of bitterness, even with the knowledge that we haven't played a good game. We can do much much more, many things weren't done in the right way, however, I liked the spirit."

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Struggling Serie A giants AC Milan are set to meet UEFA on Friday in a meeting regarding Financial Fair Play regulations, says La Repubblica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule