Herbert Kilpin

Reaction score
Hello to all Rossanerri fans. I'm from Nottingham in the UK (Forest fan by the way) & have been reading up on the history of Nottingham & was shocked to find that Herbert Kilpin was born opposite my workplace in the centre of Nottingham.

Looking at the property in question (which s currently a Mexican Restaurant) I found it hard to believe that someone who founded arguably the greatest club in world football (after Forest LOL) was born in such humble surroundings, I then had the idea that some sort of memorial,maybe a plague, be placed on the building to outline Herbert achievement. But unfortunately I've been unable to contact Milan direct so I thought of fans donating money towards the cost of a memorial. If anyone is interested or can give me an e-mail to contact Milan direct then please reply either below or e-mail me at brein.fisher@hotmail.co.uk or at work which is brein.fisher@nottinghamcity.gov.uk.

Nottingham Forest have recently done something similar in raising funds for a statue of Brian Clough which now has pride of place in Nottingham. Come on Milan fans, don't you think Herbert deserves the same if not more.

Reaction score
As stated in the article there is a memorial planned on the 22nd as far as I know some of Milan club London will be in attendance. All fans are invited and there is going to be a presentation by the mayor. If you check Milan club London on Facebook there is a link to it from the guys organising the event.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

NoPoliNoParty

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello to all Rossanerri fans. I'm from Nottingham in the UK (Forest fan by the way) & have been reading up on the history of Nottingham & was shocked to find that Herbert Kilpin was born opposite my workplace in the centre of Nottingham.

Looking at the property in question (which s currently a Mexican Restaurant) I found it hard to believe that someone who founded arguably the greatest club in world football (after Forest LOL) was born in such humble surroundings, I then had the idea that some sort of memorial,maybe a plague, be placed on the building to outline Herbert achievement. But unfortunately I've been unable to contact Milan direct so I thought of fans donating money towards the cost of a memorial. If anyone is interested or can give me an e-mail to contact Milan direct then please reply either below or e-mail me at brein.fisher@hotmail.co.uk or at work which is brein.fisher@nottinghamcity.gov.uk.

Nottingham Forest have recently done something similar in raising funds for a statue of Brian Clough which now has pride of place in Nottingham. Come on Milan fans, don't you think Herbert deserves the same if not more.

Brilliant! I've literally just written an article about the fundraiser!

Great to hear about a Nottingham lad with recognition for Kilpin and what he did.

I'll hopefully be down on the day. Also, if anyone else is going down, let me know!

Last edited:

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im born and bred in the outskirts of Nottingham:)