AC Milan Stadium || nuovostadiomilano.com

Which design should be selected for nuovostadiomilano?

• Total voters

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Are we going to build a new stadium for us? Or is Inter going to leave San Siro and build their own?

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
Are we going to build a new stadium for us? Or is Inter going to leave San Siro and build their own?

I think there are negociations running for co-owned stadium for 2016 : the city of Milan + both Milan clubs.

Dont know what's the situation though...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I think there are negociations running for co-owned stadium for 2016 : the city of Milan + both Milan clubs.

Dont know what's the situation though...

Wasn't inter gunning for their own stadium? Waiting for a bill to pass in the parliament?

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
many teams are waiting on this bill to allow teams to own their stadiums. it will benefit the league, not exactly sure why it hasnt been implimented before. Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Why do some clubs need to wait for bill to be passed in parliament? And juventus gets their stadium right away?

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Yea why does Juve get their stadium?

zio_fester

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i would never want milan to go away from san siro. only a person who has never been on san siro could want a new stadium.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
i would never want milan to go away from san siro. only a person who has never been on san siro could want a new stadium.

Absolutely 100% agree. I've been to many top European stadiums including nou camp and westfalen stadion and the San Siro just has something special about it that nothing else will ever, ever match. I'd even prefer watching Inter there over any other stadium in Europe, it's just that good.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
1926??? And thank you, I never saw him myself but just seeing how he played when on form was mesmerising, could've been one of the best ever if he had the right mentality, looks like he could out-dribble maradona!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
donovan Bradley ibrahimovic Kaka Pato Cassano Maldini
the least that can be done to the stadiums is to have them renovated because they've been the same since the 50's :fp: those stadiums are soooo old and something needs to be done about that

zio_fester

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
1926 - that's how old our san siro is :) 85 years, huge collection of memories :) Yeah man, he had something, something that drove you crazy to watch him. Just one in a billion thing, that is so rare and you can find only in certain players. Pure talent! It's like a combo of Robben + Zidane. Il genio !

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me with San Siro is the colors of the seats. It would be really awesome if all the seats were bright red like Emirates or Wembley. The orange, green and blue seats makes it look unfresh.

But this won't happen as long as we're sharing it with Merda.

Last edited:

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
we dont need a new stadium, just revamp the San Siro into the 2000's

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
we dont need a new stadium, just revamp the San Siro into the 2000's

Im not in the construction business,but from my limited knowledge i know that the costs of revamping the SanSiro would make no sense financially,and we could build a new stadium for that money.

Well not exactly that money,but lets say add another 20% to what would cost to revamp and you have a new stadium.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Im not in the construction business,but from my limited knowledge i know that the costs of revamping the SanSiro would make no sense financially,and we could build a new stadium for that money.

Well not exactly that money,but lets say add another 20% to what would cost to revamp and you have a new stadium.

I dont see how revamping it would cost that much. Please explain.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

How, really? Revamping should not include much tearing down. The issues with the San Siro are mostly - Access, Bad seats and the lack of other developments attached to the stadium.

I don't think the historic facade of the stadium should be changed at all - it might not look as glamorous as the Allianz Arena or Juve's stadium after renovation, but revenue-generation is the point, not looking pretty.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
How, really? Revamping should not include much tearing down. The issues with the San Siro are mostly - Access, Bad seats and the lack of other developments attached to the stadium.

I don't think the historic facade of the stadium should be changed at all - it might not look as glamorous as the Allianz Arena or Juve's stadium after renovation, but revenue-generation is the point, not looking pretty.

Thats actually exactly the whole point.You need the stadium to look pretty to attract people.Now do i think the notion is stupid?Yes i do.Do i think people are stupid and fickle?Same answer.

You cant just trow around 20 shops around the San Siro and expect great revenues like the Alianz Arena gets and so on.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Thats actually exactly the whole point.You need the stadium to look pretty to attract people.Now do i think the notion is stupid?Yes i do.Do i think people are stupid and fickle?Same answer.

You cant just trow around 20 shops around the San Siro and expect great revenues like the Alianz Arena gets and so on.

Actually I dont think the 'looking pretty to attract people' notion is stupid, but that's another discussion. Leave that aside.

It's not 20 shops around the San Siro that we are talking about, that already exists. In new stadiums, the model is to build an attached shopping center with ample branding space, within the stadium. The superstructure will have to be expanded for this, and access will have to be tremendously improved.

Aesthetics is hardly an issue here actually - People are attracted to new stadiums because it's comfortable going there, they are safe, and they give you a more complete experience - which includes shopping, dining and so on.

San Siro has enough aesthetic appeal to cut the threshold as far as that is concerned. That is why I said the priority should be to provide the experience rather than improve the looks. The facade is good-looking already. Which is why it will be much cheaper to renovate the stadium.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually I dont think the 'looking pretty to attract people' notion is stupid, but that's another discussion. Leave that aside.

It's not 20 shops around the San Siro that we are talking about, that already exists. In new stadiums, the model is to build an attached shopping center with ample branding space, within the stadium. The superstructure will have to be expanded for this, and access will have to be tremendously improved.

Aesthetics is hardly an issue here actually - People are attracted to new stadiums because it's comfortable going there, they are safe, and they give you a more complete experience - which includes shopping, dining and so on.

San Siro has enough aesthetic appeal to cut the threshold as far as that is concerned. That is why I said the priority should be to provide the experience rather than improve the looks. The facade is good-looking already. Which is why it will be much cheaper to renovate the stadium.

And you think expanding the core structure of the San Siro is going to be cheap compared to a new one?Btw the 20 new shops around the San Siro line was just an expression,i know we already have merchandise boutiques around.

I was talking about restaurants and so on within or annexed to the San Siro if were talking expanding.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And you think expanding the core structure of the San Siro is going to be cheap compared to a new one?Btw the 20 new shops around the San Siro line was just an expression,i know we already have merchandise boutiques around.

I was talking about restaurants and so on within or annexed to the San Siro if were talking expanding.

Yes, I think extensions to the existing structure would be cheaper than building a new stadium from foundation up. That's what I asked you in my first reply.. Why do you think it will only 20% more expensive for a fresh construction?

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
The thing that bothers me with San Siro is the colors of the seats. It would be really awesome if all the seats were bright red like Emirates or Wembley. The orange, green and blue seats makes it look unfresh.

But this won't happen as long as we're sharing it with Merda.

If it must be shared, they should make the curva sud seats red, the curva nord seats blue and all the others black.

The only problem with San siro as a stadium is the access within it, the steps up the first two tiers are in tiny narrow columns that get congested now and then and are very dirty, claustrophobic and the biggest reminder of just how old the stadium is. The spiral towers to access the top tier are just brilliant, and if you dont want to walk around for ten minutes to get up they also have stairs through the centre of the towers but again they're very cramped.

The thing is though, once you're inside and that place is rocking, flares flags and flyers going off and the noise, especially at night, its an awe-inspiring place and I really dont think another allianz-style stadium with milan's livery splashed across it just wouldn't come anywhere near it for the effect it has on you.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The only problem with San siro as a stadium is the access within it, the steps up the first two tiers are in tiny narrow columns that get congested now and then and are very dirty, claustrophobic and the biggest reminder of just how old the stadium is. The spiral towers to access the top tier are just brilliant, and if you dont want to walk around for ten minutes to get up they also have stairs through the centre of the towers but again they're very cramped.

Exactly. This is the biggest issue that should be sorted out. It really resembles old decrepit stadiums - Access needs to be modernized in terms of looks and ease.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Have you been necro? Itd be impossible to actually revamp the access to the first two tiers as they are within solid concrete structures that support the stands, it looks like they'd have to shut down a stand by stand as they revamp it, I dont really know much about construction but logic dictates itd be a very difficult procedure for sure.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Have you been necro? Itd be impossible to actually revamp the access to the first two tiers as they are within solid concrete structures that support the stands, it looks like they'd have to shut down a stand by stand as they revamp it, I dont really know much about construction but logic dictates itd be a very difficult procedure for sure.

Yes, back in 08.

Dunno about construction either, but I reckon they can reduce the capacity by 10-15,000 and use the space to possibly modify access. It'll require imaginative planning, that's for sure. Possibly the 2nd tier access can be through the 3rd tier. But that's not viable for tier 1.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
So going up through the spirals to then go down? I dunno about capacity reduction because it still fills on the big nights for both teams...

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
So going up through the spirals to then go down? I dunno about capacity reduction because it still fills on the big nights for both teams...

70,000 is still a big crowd. For Serie A, only about 3-4 matches a season are full? The rest are 50k or so. 30k empty seats isn't exactly nice, on some nights we only hit 13k. Reducing the capacity, and raising the price a couple of dollars, I think that will do.

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
I think i read somewhere that initially the San Siro had a capacity of 150,000..something close to this figure..It gradually got reduced to what it is now..Not sure how true it is..Dont remember where i read it also..Correct me if i'm wrong..

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
I think i read somewhere that initially the San Siro had a capacity of 150,000..something close to this figure..It gradually got reduced to what it is now..Not sure how true it is..Dont remember where i read it also..Correct me if i'm wrong..

That was the standing capacity. Until the stadium disaster, Uefa banned people from standing, which reduced the capacity of all stadiums.