AC Milan Stadium || nuovostadiomilano.com

Which design should be selected for nuovostadiomilano?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
That glass on the outside with trees in there ruins it for me with the popoulus project

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Can't decide which project I prefer. Super excited with whichever is chosen. Who makes the final call and when will it be announced?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Populous is not perfect but I prefer it, better have a more unique stadium.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Why are inter and milan supporters separate? feels so isolationist and divisive right

#populousOUT

F6YrcbF.jpg
[/IMG]

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
the devil is a nice touch tbh, but this looks like a go-cart/arcade. Maybe a themed mall, looks like Fluminense youth academy stadium

#PoplulousOUT

skv8KwM.jpg

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
If I remember right, you need to have a minimum capacity of around 70000.

Nope. Wanda Metropolitano is some 67K, Estadio la Luz which hosted a few years back is 64K, St Petersburg will host the 2021 final and its capacity is just about 60K.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Populous feels like Milano, Manica feels more like a South American or African stadium (which isn't bad, just a different character)

I kinda like the proposal with the trees but it seems more suitable for a team that plays in green and it's very dependent on the health of the plants. If the trees die for some reason it would look like shit.

Don Dada

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Manica complained about not having as much time as Populous did and it shows. They had a much nicer video but their design is very general. Populous' design feels more traditional and specific to Milano. They did Tottenham's stadium so i'm not worried about the tech. I believe Populous will win but i do wish Manica had had more time to consult and design something SPECIFICALLY for Milano.

Eldar1899

Beginner
Reaction score
What's bad about separated tribunes?

Everything. Tradition. Especially atmosphere. Almost every stadium in Italy have 4 tribunes which are brought together. In fact CURVA means a curved arrangement of seats in many Italian football stadiums, so many ultras (just like AC Milan) call themselves CURVA SUD MILANO. It is part of our identity.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everything. Tradition. Especially atmosphere. Almost every stadium in Italy have 4 tribunes which are brought together. In fact CURVA means a curved arrangement of seats in many Italian football stadiums, so many ultras (just like AC Milan) call themselves CURVA SUD MILANO. It is part of our identity.

I get the tradition argument although I`d argue that that has partly to do with many Italian community-owned stadiums also having athletics facilities = olympic stadium type.

However I can also see the advantages, a more rectangular shape often helps with bringing the seating even closer to the field and seperated tribunes can be handy in terms of security too.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Just gonna have to rename to Dritto Sud Milano since it won't be a curve anymore :(

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Guys, the public survey is open https://bit.ly/2IG7MfO

43 questions, the last few are written but majority is just a sliding scale to be chosen.

Please answer if you can.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
san siro by jm architecture which preserves the stadium and its pre copa 90 facade

jacopo-mascheroni-san-siro-01.jpg

https://www.jma.it/jm-architecture-san-siro.html
Looks nice but this design completely ignores the need for more space for facilities(lounges, bars, restaurants etc etc) which has been mentioned as a key reason why keeping the San Siro structure is a bad move.

It's just the original structure with some sprinkles on top.