The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
I don't think it's necessarily bad to spend big in any mercato, first, second, third, etc but there is no guarantee that things will work out.

Who would've thought that Borini would be our best performer in relation to fee paid? Probably our resident Borini fanboy :lol: but that's it.

Also fit clearly should be the most important criterium. I can understand why they followed to impulse to buy Bonucci when he was available but those transfers are incredibly risky.

i didn't say just big, i said also on many players
the best scenario would be buying auba as first thing before anyone else
kessie-conti-RR and another defender and thats all
the change wouldn't be radical and it's not needed to be radical since our team did somehow good last season especially during the first half
a player like auba could finish a lot of matches where we created chances but without a good end (torino for ex)
and during winter you can buy players to cover posts that performed badly
but F&M decided to go all-in and now they are paying the price

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
It was tough to only buy a few pieces considering where we started off. It wouldn't be probably as much of a issue if we went for players that fit better. For example - instead of going for Hakan go for a pacey left winger, instead of Silva and Kalinic go for Aubameyang.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
It was tough to only buy a few pieces considering where we started off. It wouldn't be probably as much of a issue if we went for players that fit better. For example - instead of going for Hakan go for a pacey left winger, instead of Silva and Kalinic go for Aubameyang.

maybe
but the rule, is that if you want to bring many players, bring the best
like what PSG did during 2012
Ibra-Silva-Lavezzi-veratti-thiago motta-Pastore
all of them were the best players in their league and as you guess they did great
many mediocre players won't save our asses, kalinic-silva-musacchio-hakan are all mediocre, maybe biglia and bonucci were the best in their teams so we none could predict, but all the other players were a big gamble, kessie is playing good and he is still young,conti can't be judged now, RR meeeeh
but all the others were bad bets

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Yea I thought we needed 6 starters:

LB
CB
Box to Box midfield
Anchor/Regista
LW
CF

Plus signing Deulofeu, so 7 players would have been a good mercato.

LB - RR is a good player and can't complain here
CB - Musacchio is a decent defender but doesn't seemed suited to the physicality of Serie A football, but most of us wanted him and thought he was a good signing. Again can't complain here.
Box to Box mid - Kessie is young player with very high potential and cannot complain about his signing
Anchor/Regista - Bigla was supposed to be another good signing, but he has been an almighty flop, but cannot complain about his signing as again, most of us wanted him and thought he was a good signing
LW - here is where the mercato flopped badly. We signed not a single winger, and we also lost Deulofeu. So we ended up being far worse off here than last year, which was already poor
CF - Kalinic and Andre Silva were poor signings IMO. Kalinic is a flawed player just like Bacca IMO, but in a different way. Andre Silva is a young player with potential, but CF is the one position on the field where you need proven players. We may have ended up worse off at CF as well compared to last year

Signings outside of these positions:
CB - Bonucci was a superb opportunity
RB - Conti another young high potential player that I would sign, but maybe would have been better using the budget towards the attack
shit - Calhanoglu is a useless player that I have no idea what Mirabelli saw in him who I would never sign
CF - Andre Silva money should have been saved for a more proven striker
joker - Borini turned out to be a semi useful player and was cheap so no problem here
backup keeper - Adonna was a contract ploy and he won't play anyways

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
#MontellaIN :D But srsly, the pressure is too big on the players. They should've just called this season a test or something so they could play without the burden of UCL on their shoulders. The problem lies in the ambitions that are over the top.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Benevento's GK has more Serie A goals than Andre Silva.

:proud:

I'm sure if Silva played against us he'd probably have scored.

Here are the matches he's played for us in Serie A:

Played 90m against Inter, Roma, Spal and Torino.

Got subbed on against Juventus(13), Napoli,(43), Chievo(9) and Crotone(28).

That's a solid 3 wins, in which he played 127 minutes, one goalless draw for 90 minutes and then against Inter, Roma, Juventus and Napoli where we lost each one.

It's not like we've only played him in matches where he should score. In his 8 matches, we've scored 12. I think he's been unfortunate in playing in many games where we've just been beaten by bigger teams.

Kalinic has played far more minutes and has got 4 goals, but that's 4 goals against Udinese, Chievo and Benevento. In the matches he played with Silva, neither scored.

In fact, in the matches Kalinic has scored, Silva has never been on the pitch at the same time. Not playing against Udinese and Benevento and replacing Kalinic against Chievo.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure if Silva played against us he'd probably have scored.

Here are the matches he's played for us in Serie A:

Played 90m against Inter, Roma, Spal and Torino.

Got subbed on against Juventus(13), Napoli,(43), Chievo(9) and Crotone(28).

That's a solid 3 wins, in which he played 127 minutes, one goalless draw for 90 minutes and then against Inter, Roma, Juventus and Napoli where we lost each one.

It's not like we've only played him in matches where he should score. In his 8 matches, we've scored 12. I think he's been unfortunate in playing in many games where we've just been beaten by bigger teams.

Kalinic has played far more minutes and has got 4 goals, but that's 4 goals against Udinese, Chievo and Benevento. In the matches he played with Silva, neither scored.

In fact, in the matches Kalinic has scored, Silva has never been on the pitch at the same time. Not playing against Udinese and Benevento and replacing Kalinic against Chievo.

Silva wasn't really convincing apart from goalscoring, bsd decisionmaking, overplaying, no good off-ball movement

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Silva wasn't really convincing apart from goalscoring, bsd decisionmaking, overplaying, no good off-ball movement

I know it seems like I'm trying to find excuses or pedobear over it, but to me he's the only striker we've got who looks like he could potentially take a step up or decide a match

Kalinic scored today, great, but that's all you're going to get.

Silva hasn't scored in Serie A? Well firstly, in 4 of his 8 matches, he's played against Inter, Roma, Napoli and Juventus, and then been subbed on in 2 victories.

The only two he's played in and should have scored were Torino, where nobody did and Montella got fired, and SPAL, where we scored 2 penalties.

And, as astounded that I am that Kalinic has managed the monstrous feat of scoring 4 whole goals, I don't see the fabled link up skills that were so in demand.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know it seems like I'm trying to find excuses or pedobear over it, but to me he's the only striker we've got who looks like he could potentially take a step up or decide a match

Kalinic scored today, great, but that's all you're going to get.

Silva hasn't scored in Serie A? Well firstly, in 4 of his 8 matches, he's played against Inter, Roma, Napoli and Juventus, and then been subbed on in 2 victories.

The only two he's played in and should have scored were Torino, where nobody did and Montella got fired, and SPAL, where we scored 2 penalties.

And, as astounded that I am that Kalinic has managed the monstrous feat of scoring 4 whole goals, I don't see the fabled link up skills that were so in demand.

I do think that he will step up but It will take some time in my opinion, short term he won´t be our savior.

Cutrone is a serious option, especially against smaller to midtable Serie A teams, he is playing much more efficient compared to Silva and it will be easier and quicker to turn him into a goalscoring outlet.

If Kalinic keeps his scoring-ration he will end with 11-12 goals and 6 assists which is a normal to good season for him, unfortunatly he can´t step up with potentially better team mates..

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's not just Jack and Hakan, I feel like every player plays way behind their ability.

They're all lethargic, without ideas and just mentally blocked in the worst way possible. No idea how to solve that issue tough, I am not a world class coach.

Oh, except Montolivo, he is just as bad as we all expected.

but but but...gattuso would kick their ass everyday in training and they ll improve immediately

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
but but but...gattuso would kick their ass everyday in training and they ll improve immediately

Don't trample on my fantasy :cry:

It would've been so nice, but unfortunately reality is harsh these days.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We became a punchline today. Just when you think we've hit rock bottom we find a way to digger deeper. What misery this club has become.

If that rumor is true of new ownership again, on to the next one haha. Mirabelli is on excellent pace to be fired next.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Carpi tweeted their thank you to Milan because they were the last team to not beat Benevento haha.

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So Gomez, Paletta, Antonelli, Locatelli, Mauri, Calhanoglu, Silva are all candidates to leave uns in January...

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
We became a punchline today. Just when you think we've hit rock bottom we find a way to digger deeper. What misery this club has become.

If that rumor is true of new ownership again, on to the next one haha. Mirabelli is on excellent pace to be fired next.

what rumour?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leonardo Bonucci says it can’t possibly get worse for Milan after drawing Benevento and says the squad should look ahead with positivity.

:proud:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Seasons over by the first game in December, awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule