Laursen away??

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
A dutch website vi.nl says that Ruud Gullit (manager of Feyenoord next season) wants to contract Laursen from Milan. See also the next piece of text in dutch:

Ruud Gullit probeert om Feyenoord defensief te versterken met Martin Laursen, zo meldt Voetbal International. Laursen staat sinds 2001 onder contract bij AC Milan, maar is daar geen vaste keus. De Deense verdediger mag van de Milanese clubleiding vertrekken.

Gullit en Wotte verbleven afgelopen dagen in Milaan om te onderhandelen met Laursen, die 33 interlands achter zijn naam heeft staan. Of Laursen naar Feyenoord komt is nog hoogstens onzeker, omdat er nog meerdere clubs zich gemeld hebben bij de zaakwaarnemer van de Deen. Met name vanuit de Premiership zou er veel interesse zijn.

Short in English:
Ruud Gullit tries to reinforce the Feyenoord-defence with Martin Laursen, acoording to vi.nl. Laursen have stood since 2001 under contract at AC
Milan, but he is not a first choice. The Danish defender can leave Milan. Nothing is sure yet, also english clubs are interested in Laursen.

For both clubs (Milan and Feyenoord) would it be a good deal. Laursen is definitly not good enough for milan, but good enough for feyenoord, who need new (and not old) defenders. So let's hope its true.

Blizzardx90

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta.....Andriy Shevchenko
Yes Iagree. Feyenoord could be good club for Laursen. Especially with three full backs- Nesta, Maldini and Stam it would be a better deal for Laursen. Even if he goes on loan.

Reaction score
Just sell him, fetch a little more money to get in a good striker. Since now there's already sufficient central defenders, although they still will need one more the following year after Maldini retires but who cares if there Laursen at defense. They might play better by fielding an extra striker otherwise maybe a defensive midfield. ;)

So mean but true.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
with Stam & Zebina In .. its 99 % that Laursen is out.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Will they take Roque Junior too?

HAHA.....Zebina is way better than Laursen......Stam was better than Roque....that improves our team heeps for about a total of 4m pounds....cause we should a bit of cash for Laursen and Roque

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I agree to sell Laursen and Roque Jr. out of milan next season.. they already proove their value and unfortunately it's not enough for such a big club like milan..

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
besikaka said:
with Stam & Zebina In .. its 99 % that Laursen is out.

Zebina? Nothing is for sure about him joining Milan.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Yea FINALLY! Laursen thanks but no THANKS!
RJ, please go!
STAM: NO
ZEBINA NO:

BONERA< CANNAVARO (1,2)> MAXWELL> YES!

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Thank God for that!

Nesta4.jpg

ricardo_santos

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Andriy Shevchenko, Kàka, Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho, Bierhoff, Boban, Zidane, Pirlo, Pires, Giuly
Laursen's a huge joke. We should've let him go even if we didnt get Stam. Every time he plays I'm always scared of him making stupid mistakes (in shorter terms being himself :tongue: )

And Roque Junior, I can't believe we ever bought him.

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
so where is this poor dude going... anyone heard any rumours...? or is he staying maybe??? :rolleyes: ...FORZA MILAN :D

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I just read on l'Équipe.fr that he decided to leave Milan. Apparently told a Danish news agency (Ritzau).

No comfirmation on Milan's official site tho...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Time to move on Laursen

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
well he asked Galliani today to be sold .. and he will be .. I just wonder how much they will sell it and who will take him .. ?? :conf:

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
besikaka said:
I just wonder how much they will sell it and who will take him .. ?? :conf:

Besi,there are some English and Deutch clubs interested in him.Feyenoord is reportedly interested in him and there is always Bolton for discarded/flops of Milan. :D

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
LAURSEN is just a sad reminder of winston borgade at milan,pls away with laursen and r.junior they both scare me when they play :)

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A 26 Y/O leaving and going our of the squad.....a 32 Y/O coming in....that should boost our average age up above 30 i sha'll think....thats a bit worrying

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
soccerage.com said:
Laursen Leaving Milan

05/18/2004. Milan defender Martin Laursen has confirmed that he's leaving the club.

"I've preferred to not extend my contract and I've asked the club to sell me," he was quoted as saying by Danish news agency Riztau.

"The club officials have understood my situation and they've told me that they won't block my departure.

"I hope to find a new club before the European Championships so that I can be more relaxed during Euro 2004."

wel i guess there's no question of him leaving anymore

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
milan_my_love said:
besikaka said:
I just wonder how much they will sell it and who will take him .. ?? :conf:

Besi,there are some English and Deutch clubs interested in him.Feyenoord is reportedly interested in him and there is always Bolton for discarded/flops of Milan. :D

Not anymore they released Moreno and Ba earlier in the week ;)

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u9845.html

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
CIAO MARTIN LAURSEN!!
FOR SUCH A "TOP DEFENDER" ITS NOT DIFFICULT TO FIND A NEW CLUB, IF EVEN IBRAHIM BA HAS FOUND ONE... :tongue:
LAURSEN IS THE DANISH WALL FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM, UNFORTUNATELY HE WASNT ABLE TO PERFORM ON MILAN-STANDARD, HE HAD MAYBE OUT OF 5 ONLY 1 GOOD GAME FOR MILAN.
SURELY THERE WILL BE SOME INTERESTS FOR HIS SERVICES LIKE FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM.
He wont leave for free, hes not out of contract yet rite?, seems the price tag isnt set too high, maybe 3 or 4 millions :conf: :D
btw Hamburger SV in 1.Bundesliga has signed Emile Mpenza, 25-belgian, from Standard Lüttich for around 2 or 2,5 m Euro... Wasnt there a tread about Mpenza in this forum some time ago???

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
besikaka said:
well he asked Galliani today to be sold .. and he will be .. I just wonder how much they will sell it and who will take him .. ?? :conf:

You don't have to wait long for the answer :tongue:
Aston Villa bought him for 3 million pounds.
Not a bad deal, the money will offset stam's fees.

I'm happy for him, he will get first team action next season in the premiership.

GOODBYE Danish boy :cry:

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Aston Villa have made their first move of the summer, signing Denmark defender Martin Laursen from AC Milan for £3million.

Martin Laursen: Villa deal (AdamDavy/Empics)

Laursen will move to England after falling out of favour at the San Siro following the acquisition of Alessandro Nesta two years ago.

He remains a key member of the Denmark team, however, and will travel to Portugal for Euro 2004.

Capped 33 times for Denmark, Laursen has also turned out for Silkeborg, Verona and Parma.

He had also been linked with Tottenham, Middlesbrough, Feyenoord and Charlton.

His signing comes after manager David O'Leary's decision to allow veteran defenders Dion Dublin and Ronny Johnsen to leave and follows Villa's rise from relegation candidates to European contenders.

The Birmingham side just missed out to Newcastle on a place in the UEFA Cup but Villa chairman Doug Ellis is already looking for an improvement next season.

Ellis said yesterday: 'With the new format of the UEFA Cup, once you get through the first round it becomes a league with eight groups of five.

'You then have home and away matches and there could have been £7million or £8million in it for us.'

Laursen becomes O'Leary's fourth signing after Thomas Sorensen, Nolberto Solano and Gavin McCann.

However, the Irishman has also cut the playing staff significantly since replacing Graham Taylor, releasing over a dozen players.

For anyone that wants a read....save you going to the link........3m pounds - thats good for him and Villa but he wasnt that bad of a defender lol. But no ody wants to be backup....at least i get to see him play alot now in the EPL//

GOOD LUCK MARTIN

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
yeah i just read in official that he signed for Aston Villa .. wish him good luck there.. I though they`ll take more money for him .. 3 million $ is not enough .. anyway does anyone know for how much money he came in Milan ?

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
I think villa will be playing uefa next season they need such an experince player in d team. :D