Rui Costa Craves Benfica Return???

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
03/24/2003. Milan midfielder Manuel Rui Costa says he wants to return to former club Benfica as soon as possible.

"I have thought of my return since the day that I left," he said over the phone to more than 100,000 fans who had gathered for the club's last match at the Stadium of Light.

"I don't know when it will be possible, but I believe it will happen. I have always wanted to return and I hope it happens as quickly as possible.

The president of the cash-strapped club, Luis Felipe Vieira, added: "If somebody who loves the team is willing to give us a helping hand, the dream could come true."

SA Europe

I hope they are wrong about the sooner than later thing. :rolleyes: What do you guys think, will Rui leave after this season?

Stiff_vs_Mr_Oerk

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mamma_mia! said:
03/24/2003. Milan midfielder Manuel Rui Costa says he wants to return to former club Benfica as soon as possible.

"I have thought of my return since the day that I left," he said over the phone to more than 100,000 fans who had gathered for the club's last match at the Stadium of Light.

"I don't know when it will be possible, but I believe it will happen. I have always wanted to return and I hope it happens as quickly as possible.

The president of the cash-strapped club, Luis Felipe Vieira, added: "If somebody who loves the team is willing to give us a helping hand, the dream could come true."

SA Europe

I hope they are wrong about the sooner than later thing. :rolleyes: What do you guys think, will Rui leave after this season?

No - seriously I don't believe that...
He'll leave for Benfica - yes, but not soon
Hopefully. he stays at the club for the next 2 seasons...'cause leaving now would be silly, when he earlier this season stated, than he wanted to win everything with Milan...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This ain't nothing new. We talked about this before...

He has said many times times that he wishes to end his career with the club who gave him his first "shot"... Basically, he repeated it to the fans who were present at the last match/closing of Estádio da Luz.

I don't know where SA came up with "as soon as possible"* but from the Portuguese articles that I read in the last couples days and from word of mouth, he didn't say *that and has stated again that he was honoring his Rossoneri contract.

So, I guess that there are happy people... and not so happy people... ;)

Quite frankly, Benfica ain't exactly rolling in the $$$, €€€, £££ or ¥¥¥ right now. I don't think that they'd be willing to trade all of their players...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
*empty space*

I was planning to delete this post but too late.... I guess one of the mods could do it...

Nobody seem to particulary care of what I wrote anyway :cry: ;)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I do not care if Rui leaves. I actually welcome his departure. If only we could have had him about 7 years ago........he was by far and away my favorite player for a good 3 or 4 years....... :proud:

The maestro di Firenze was never realized in a rossonero shirt. :(

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Rui´s been one of our very best players this season and im quite sure he won´t leave just now.

He was loyal for many years at Fiorentina and he´ll be loyal to our club as long as he is here. No doubt!!!

I know i´m not the only one who would miss his fantastic dribbling displays that really gives the team flair during the hard matches.

RUI CAN`T LEAVE.... EVER :tongue:

Schedule