Ronaldo Thread

Ronnieboy will

• Total voters
Reaction score
Slouch: We understand your sentiments. I was beginning to think you were content with the number of jerseys Fatso sold in the past 12 years ... or the fact that his thread is so active ( :rolleyes: ). But if you were to look at it as a Milan fan, you'd understand why we're so frustrated. Its quite clear that our biggest problem at the moment is Shave not being replaced. Oil was a pathetic attempt, and the management sold some supporters Fatso, and they fell for it. Which is such a pity since our other departments are performing reasonably well, if not better than during Shave's last season. Then, we had Sergi and Cafu for fullbacks while now we have better options in Janku and Oddo. Cafu was out for most of that season as well, with us having to field Stam and even Costacurta at RB. Midfield is pretty much the same, except most of the individuals have come a long way since and IMO are better players now. On the other hand, our attack though has taken a huge dip. I mean, we score about half as much as we did then.

So its quite frustrating to know exactly what the problem is + have the likes of Clayton + Fatso9 continuously patrol this thread waiting for a chance to argue with whatever criticism we may have of him. Admittedly, I and some others did go overboard ... but I'm certain had the Fatso Fans not been so insistent, his difficulties would have been received more gracefully over here.

Sadly though, the recent influx might be too much to handle right now ... as is the evident truth. Which I can understand because no one likes to be proved wrong. But when you are, accept it, learn from it + move on ... I've admitted to being wrong on many occasions ... we aren't professional coaches or analysts (if there exists such a thing :rolleyes: ) But then again, its hard to accept you were wrong about 99% of the stuff you say, huh? :D Ok ... pardon me ... that was me misbehaving :D

Hey I was agitated, disappointed and frustrated when I wrote my previous post. Sorry Beemer did not mean to come on to you like that. abnd Madherchod I see where you are coming from and I'm cool. What matters here is that Milan do well. Forza Milan

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'm...not exactly angry at Ronaldo for this issue. The management knew what they were in for by buying him, we all knew that. I don't want us to sell him in Jan either, he can play at least 10 more games in the season (hoping he plays more, but there's no guarantee), and we really can't rely one more time on 2 and 1/3 strikers (not 3, cause of 1-Pippo's injuries, 2-Gila's confidence, 3-Pato's relative inexperience and being a question mark), it's not fair to the team, and it's not fair to them either (seriously, the last time we had a decent forward near them, at least near Pippo+Gila they scored 35 goals in the season, almost 10 goals more than last year, for example).

But I do not support a contract extension unless there's a radical change in his attitude + fitness + plays good (I'm not even asking for incredible, just good), and that's why I also don't support the talks about a possible or non possible contract extension till May.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
crazy4milan said:
But I do not support a contract extension unless there's a radical change in his attitude + fitness + plays good (I'm not even asking for incredible, just good), and that's why I also don't support the talks about a possible or non possible contract extension till May.
Agreed on my behalf, unless he proves he can stay fit for enough time - and by that I mean exactly until when you said - no contract offer should be put on the table.

Reaction score
Can somebody give me a quick update...is he returning anytime soon...i really want alot of my friends to stfu about him being "gone" and "his time is over" :O

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Said212 said:
Can somebody give me a quick update...is he returning anytime soon...i really want alot of my friends to stfu about him being "gone" and "his time is over" :O
no he isnt getting bgack abnytoime soon, hes a huge fukin ***,and will never be of any use to milan. im a little drunkrigh tnow, but i dont think my thinking is affected ;)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
no he isnt getting bgack abnytoime soon, hes a huge fukin ***,and will never be of any use to milan. im a little drunkrigh tnow, but i dont think my thinking is affected ;)
If not your thinking, definitely the typing. Holy cow. :tongue:

Anyway, the latest from Ch. 4:

Ronaldo: I want injury answers
Friday 30 November, 2007
Ronaldo admits he has run out of patience following his latest mystery injury. “We’re all looking for answers now.”

The Milan star was warming up to come on as a substitute in the 1-1 draw with Benfica on Wednesday when he pulled up with a new calf problem that has ruled him out of this weekend’s clash with Juventus.

“We are all looking for answers now,” confessed Ronaldo when asked by Sky Italia television what could be causing this succession of setbacks.

“We want to understand what is behind this injury, as there are answers to our questions about our work and how we continue. We are always looking for the best possible option.”

Il Fenomeno has so far made just one official appearance for his club this season, in last week’s 2-1 win away to Cagliari.

“I was unlucky in Lisbon because I went to warm up and after 10 minutes the fitness Coach told me I was about to come on,” he explained.

“So I started rushing through my routine and I got a little pull in my left calf muscle. I decided not to risk it, as to go on could’ve meant a very serious injury.”

Ronaldo has barely set foot on a pitch in the last six months, but won’t let these repeated setbacks get him down.

“When I am on the field, training or playing, then I am happy. When I’m injured and in the stands I don’t lose my good humour, although clearly I can’t celebrate either.”

Meanwhile, the Rossoneri have only two strikers at their disposal for Saturday’s Serie A showdown with Juventus – Alberto Gilardino and Pippo Inzaghi – so awaiting teenager Alexandre Pato’s official registration in January, options are limited.

It is reported that Ronaldo’s latest injury has pushed the club to look for a reinforcement during the mid-season transfer window.

The prime target is Palermo’s Brazilian forward Amauri, who would be available for around £12m.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I can't believe it is only a calf strain keeping him out. I've barely been able to walk when I injured my lower back and still played. FFS go down to the local pharmacy and buy some voltaren and give it a good rub in.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
I'm kinda mad @ ronaldo for not playing despite the calf strain ( a bit soft are we :tongue: ) but unlike us Ronaldo has to ensure his body is at it's best to play for us.......it's not like the guys are going to say "ok ronnie...hang around at the top of the box and we;ll get the ball to ya!"

But if at all he could have played I think he should have. Even he concedes that he doesn't deserve a contract extension

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
drucurl said:
I'm kinda mad @ ronaldo for not playing despite the calf strain ( a bit soft are we :tongue: ) but unlike us Ronaldo has to ensure his body is at it's best to play for us.......it's not like the guys are going to say "ok ronnie...hang around at the top of the box and we;ll get the ball to ya!"

But if at all he could have played I think he should have. Even he concedes that he doesn't deserve a contract extension
Welcome back, Dru. (I'm too cold right now to say anything else.)

DiMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tutti i Giocatori del Milan
there may be no contract extension according to goal.com!
if ronaldo wont get fit the next month milan may not be offering a new contract!!!!!!!

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
DiMilan said:
if ronaldo wont get fit the next month milan may not be offering a new contract!!!!!!!
Great news!!!

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
DiMilan said:
Hopefully this means the purchase of another TOP CLASS striker in the summer.

Depending on how Pato does, hopefully a box-striker to replace Gila. I'm not convinced with Gila as a long term prospect for someone that can carry theattack and score 20 goals a season.

Someone like Huntelaar, or :drool: Aguero.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
better yet... how about gettin' both? anyway... isn't Aguero more a forward than a striker?

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
better yet... how about gettin' both? anyway... isn't Aguero more a forward than a striker?

Saw him at the FIFA World Under 20 everytime Argentina played in Toronto. Definately a forward...can create/make his own opportunties, can break ankles while beating his man on the one on one. Deadly strikes from long range as well.

With Pato on our team already I can't see us going after him.

IMO We'll have to do some shopping in January, as it looks like Ronaldo just can't stay healthy enough to contribute the way we need him too.

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zzzz - yes, aguero is more of a forward than a striker.....i was just dropping names and being wishful, although i think an 18 and 18 y/o can forge a good partnership in a few years if they play together, even if they are both similiar right now.

jrome - we arent getting anyone in jan...certainly not a striker

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
radioactivenerd said:
zzzz - yes, aguero is more of a forward than a striker.....i was just dropping names and being wishful, although i think an 18 and 18 y/o can forge a good partnership in a few years if they play together, even if they are both similiar right now.
ok... i thought for a second there was another Aguero... Pato & him would form a fantasy partnership for sure... all they need is someone like Huntelaar to finish their magic...

time to sack that fat lump & the 2 divin' ingrates...

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:

jrome - we arent getting anyone in jan...certainly not a striker

I'd have to think management would pick up someone given Gila's unpredictable/inconsistant form; Inzaghi's age & Ronaldo's inability to shake his injuries.

Some might we got Pato & he'll do it for us...maybe but if he doesn't a proven quality striker is needed if we want to catch fourth, nevermind to win a trophy to two.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
IMHO Aguero is FANTASTIC.....better than Messi for me...if you consider the histories of both players MEssi has been trained by Barca since he was 12......Aguero has fought his way into LA Liga and the NT....their styles are comparable Messi is better at the fine touches and close control while Aguero seems to be a better finisher

Reaction score
Ronaldo was a flop i still cant believe we got this washed up striker. Hes broken goods and we took the risk and now we're paying for it, I wish we could get Huntelaar though.

Reaction score
Is Ronaldo 100% out of the Celtic game? If so who is expected to play. Gila,Inzaghi and Kaka or one of Gila or Inzaghi and Kaka?

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
The Holy Goalie said:
Is Ronaldo 100% out of the Celtic game? If so who is expected to play. Gila,Inzaghi and Kaka or one of Gila or Inzaghi and Kaka?
Ronaldo is out so it is probably Kaka and Inzaghi in attack with Seedorf behind them...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Baldini blasts ‘unprofessional’ Ronnie
Monday 3 December, 2007

Former Real Madrid official Franco Baldini has criticised Ronaldo’s behaviour during his time at the Bernabeu.

The Brazilian star left the Spanish champions in last January when his relationship with Coach Fabio Capello became untenable.

Ronaldo is currently struggling with injury problems, but Baldini believes that the Selecao hitman’s attitude is much improved in Italy.

“Since arrived in Milan, he has been a different player,” Baldini stated. “You can see that just from watching him with the ball.

“At Madrid he didn’t have a professional attitude and was a negative influence on the rest of the squad.

“The metamorphosis in Ronaldo is complete, but it hasn’t surprised me.”

El Fenomeno is facing a race against time to overcome a calf injury ahead of the Diavolo’s trip to Japan for the Club World Cup later this month. (Ch. 4)

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Carlo said that Ronaldo will be available for the first CWC game :)
I hope he can score a bunch over there and kinda do something to get a renewal..... all I can do is hope because atm he doesn't deserve one :cry:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
welcome back drucurl! :)

Ronaldo, get fit for the CWC, please! :cry: