The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
DES is like the one kid who somehow just breezes by with luck. Goes to Juve, wins titles. Going to PSG and will win titles. Average player at best but kudos to him for making it work.
Allegri to psg next year.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Allegri to psg next year.

Or how about we send Jack there and pretend he is Allegri, while Allegri comes here and we pretend he's Jack and now just manages the team. Nobody will ever notice.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A critique of Piatek's shitty attitude is less about love of Milan, and more about a warped sense of self.

Sure. Maybe players look at Milan as a way station. Paqueta, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, etc.

The difference is that unlike Piatek, other players have sought to improve, and play with hunger. Theo does. Bennacer does. Paqueta tries hard but he looks lost, he looks like he's overthinking and trying to remember what he's supposed to do while being placed in an unnatural position nearly every game he's played this season.

Piatek plays like a primadonna. Like he's Lewa scoring 40 goals. He's got the touch of a donkey, doesn't work hard, and isn't putting away chances. Against SPAL, he missed two chances a striker of his supposed class should put away with his eyes closed.

Piatek has a shitty attitude, he falls over whenever he's touched, and acts like he's MVB. He's not. He's not talented enough for that. If he learned from Pippo, he'd be able to continue to score, he always makes the worst runs and can't finish with his suddenly dainty approach to matches.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Piatek is a 23/24 year old youth who’s staring at a 10-12 yr career which involves making a lot of money followed pretty much by a long retired life.

He has no loyalty to Milan nor to Serie A nor to us, Milan fans.

This is the situation with 99% of young talents whom Milan would scout these days.

Milan’s management needs to know how to manage such situations, because it’s going to be exactly the same mindset that a Theo Hernandez or an Ismael Bennacer or a Rafael Leao would have when their time comes. We aren’t in 2007 anymore.

If we think Theo has fallen deep in love with Milan thanks to the shared croissant with Maldini at Ibiza, we are delusional.
Sure, we're not in 2007 anymore, I think we all agree that loyalty in football isn't what it used to be.

Yet I do not agree with the mindset that in this new reality it's okay to put statements of disrespect towards the club and fans in public and watch people blame someone else for. As you said: he is a 23/24 years old. Old enough to take some responsibility for his statements and face the consequences on his own.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A critique of Piatek's shitty attitude is less about love of Milan, and more about a warped sense of self.

Sure. Maybe players look at Milan as a way station. Paqueta, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, etc.

The difference is that unlike Piatek, other players have sought to improve, and play with hunger. Theo does. Bennacer does. Paqueta tries hard but he looks lost, he looks like he's overthinking and trying to remember what he's supposed to do while being placed in an unnatural position nearly every game he's played this season.

Piatek plays like a primadonna. Like he's Lewa scoring 40 goals. He's got the touch of a donkey, doesn't work hard, and isn't putting away chances. Against SPAL, he missed two chances a striker of his supposed class should put away with his eyes closed.

Piatek has a shitty attitude, he falls over whenever he's touched, and acts like he's MVB. He's not. He's not talented enough for that. If he learned from Pippo, he'd be able to continue to score, he always makes the worst runs and can't finish with his suddenly dainty approach to matches.
Exactly. Castillejo ate lots of shit and watched Suso start over him despite being pisspoor week in week out. Yet he never looked for an easy way out. Suso on the other hand asks for a transfer the moment he lost his carte blanche.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Suso’s has given Sevilla the green light to negotiat with Milan after agreeing terms with Monchi. Deal could be closed on loan with obligation to buy. [Mundodeportivo]

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Sure, we're not in 2007 anymore, I think we all agree that loyalty in football isn't what it used to be.

Yet I do not agree with the mindset that in this new reality it's okay to put statements of disrespect towards the club and fans in public and watch people blame someone else for. As you said: he is a 23/24 years old. Old enough to take some responsibility for his statements and face the consequences on his own.

It’s unfair, it’s not a comfortable feeling, but it really is the new reality. Unless Milan turns things around dramatically pretty soon, this is how talented players are going to react when faced with such situations with us.

Castillejo is a mediocre player who has reached his peak as far as career is concerned, one can’t compare the situations.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Man, we badly needs midfielder.

I can even live with these wingers but getting MF should be priority.

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
good audition from Tonali so far

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I get this. But,

Well run clubs know how to manage such impatient youngsters. We are not a well run club.

I don’t particularly care about Paqueta, I think he’s a limited player. But I think Piatek is one of those genuinely gifted strikers like Inzaghi with amazing instincts, who’s going through a bad patch. A club like Milan should have a management who knows how to value such players and knows how to help them through their anxieties and trepidations.

But we are owned by someone who’s constantly looking to sell us, our CEO is a person hired solely to strengthen our P&L, our technical director is a glorified model hired to purchase loyalty from the fans, and our coach is the definition of a journeyman mediocre Serie a manager.

It’s sad.

Other than your usual disdain for Paq...these are a lot of hot takes :eek:
I would say you aren't too far off though.

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
Why sign this Florentino kid for 50m when Tonali would be in the same price range

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Despite the 3 points, this game was another testament to how important it is to bring AT LEAST one player in before the deadline shuts.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I would like both Tonali and Belotti. We should sell at least one of Calabria/Conti and buy a top RB. I hope to the see back of Hakan as well.

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne

that celebration a couple matched ago? theo loves meelan

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Maldini and Boban have to see that we need midfielders ASAP or we're fucked.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Tonali e Modric would be very good mercato signings

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Glad that my hype for Tonali pays off. Snatch the guy plz, do the Barella like merda did.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic saving our asses again. Too bad he will be benched again next week

I really don't get what our coaches see in Hakan and Kessie. Both were pathetic today... as usual

Tonali improved a lot. He was terrible in the first 4-5 games of the season, but this is the 2nd time I watch Brescia this year and he looks very nice. Too bad we have no chance to get him, despite him being a milanista

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Glad that my hype for Tonali pays off. Snatch the guy plz, do the Barella like merda did.
Wipe that smirk off your face. We gave him a free pass. Zlatan does not press.

Do you know what is tonali's passing success rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule