Week 20: Milan - Udinese 19/01/2020 12:30 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Alright.

We're coming off of two strong wins and seems to have turned a corner of sorts(knock on wood).

Pioli has been deploying a good old 4-4-2 these last two games, and not only did it work really well with Ibra and Leao up top against Cagliari but it also surprisingly worked really well against SPAL with Rebic and Piatek up top as well. This is a big plus, we need to get our attacking players scoring and I'm confident Ibra will deliver big in his first home start in Serie A.

Samu is one of the heroes of this two game win streak:-)lol:) and hopefully he starts again at RW/RM. I will fleece Pioli if he suddenly decides to start Suso here, if that depressed little man isn't sold already by then.

Kjær is better than Musacchio and hopefully he starts eventually, but Musacchio is having a good season and doesn't deserve to be benched out of the blue.

Neither Bonaventura or Hakan really work in the LM spot, so I propose starting Rebic there for this game. He'll probably piss us off with countless stupid ball-losses and other things, but he works his ass off, is fast as lightning and can create crosses for Ibra and Leao. I'm so sick of Bonaventura, he'll always be frustratingly almost good enough.

Donnarumma(Either one, I don't care)
Calabria - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Hernandez
Castillejo - Kessie - Bennacer - Rebic
Leao - Ibra

We really need a new strong midfielder. We lack a Bakayoko type for this formation, or someone to rival Kessie for a starting spot. Krunic has been sorely lacking unfortunately. I want Matic for his experience and physical presence, but someone of his likeness would do. I think he'd accept a 3,5m three year contract. That big guy won't regress like Biglia.

Also we really, really need new RBs this summer, or now. Every time I type a line up I stop and have to think really hard before I write either Calabria or Conti. Both are inadequate.

Ready for a new win and exciting play.

Forza Milan!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Saturday luncht time match, yes!!

Forza Milan and food.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Excited. Last two matches have made me look forward to this. Forza Hitchens good-luck thread opening.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
50k spectators expected. Hopefully 10k more is sold before the game.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Damn, not playing Suso is attracting more fans to the stadium than I thought it would

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Udinese are more or less our bogey team, no?

Would be great to beat them for once.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Naaah i want us to spank them. They are the reason why we are in this position

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan x2
Leao x1
Noodleinho x3 assists
De Paul x1

FT: Milan 3-1 Udinese

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
EOegey0WkAADIUj

Would you trust Big Bro Antonio more than Begovic? 300 mins and conceded 0 so far for us :proud:
Other than that, best lineup we can expect other than maybe Paq for Hakan.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
We always play so bad in these morning games...

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We will win but im pretty sure Lasagna will score. He always scores against us

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
lunch time match

i'll eat lasagne

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I know that we are going 4-4-2 right now but what do you guys think about 3-4-1-2 given our current player pool? I typically prefer back 4's but I really think it fits us best right now. Gives us the 2 strikers up top, gets the most out of Jack, Hakan, and the probably incoming Olmo. And puts Theo slightly more forward, while giving the RWB slot to either Samu, Conti, or Calab which while not ideal for Samu, would still be fine and would be prob a good thing for both Calab and Conti when they play. ALso, will be better for Laxalt if he is going to be subbing for Theo the 2nd half of the season

--------Leao----------Ibra-------
----------Paq/Jack/Hak----------
Theo---Benna----Kessie----Samu
-----Roma---Kjaer---Musa------
----------Donnarumma-----------

Also, if we are 100% sticking with 4-4-2 then we should sell Paqueta, just nowhere for him to play since he's not good outwide. Same for Hakan, he's fine in the middle of the field but playing him out wide for so long is like bashing your head against the wall repeatedly and expecting something to magically change....He's not a winger!!!

Last edited:

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
EOegey0WkAADIUj

Would you trust Big Bro Antonio more than Begovic? 300 mins and conceded 0 so far for us :proud:

Really need to stop with this Hakan left wing/left mid bullshit that I've been seeing for 2 years now. I hate how every single coach fails to see he is pointless there.

Last edited:

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
EOegey0WkAADIUj

Paqueta was so disappointing in his recent sub appearances, keep Hakan there since Jack was truly dire.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Sadly i won't be able to watch this 1. Forza milan.

Hoplite

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I wish Piatek have a chance to pair up with Ibra. I still believe the performance drop is because of lack of service from our mediocre midfielders

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I wish Piatek have a chance to pair up with Ibra. I still believe the performance drop is because of lack of service from our mediocre midfielders

stop with this nonsense... 2 static forwards will be shit... one of Leao/Rebic has to play in this formation

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic - Ibra
Hakan - Bennacer - Kessie - Samu
Theo - Romagnoli - Musa/Kjaer - Calabria
Tony​

izi 3 punti

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
eww why Rebic instead of young Rafa?

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hakan isn’t in the squad list. Suso won’t start. I’m about to transcend brothers.
Our defensive depth looking way too thin. I wld have dropped one keeper and promoted a primavera fullback to bench just for the game.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hakan isn’t in the squad list. Suso won’t start. I’m about to transcend brothers.
Our defensive depth looking way too thin. I wld have dropped one keeper and promoted a primavera fullback to bench just for the game.

What? Hakan isnt in the aquad list?? Are you sure? Fantastic news if true. Another game without Hakan and Suso :love:

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
462c39e069bfc95001a76b7f01ad4e67.jpg

Pioli said he’s resting Hakan bc of a knock against Cagliari. With him Mussacchio and Calabria are also ruled out from injuries. Donnaruma G. is most likely to start as he trained with the team.

Schedule