Video Footage fors and againsts??

Reaction score
Just would like to start the debate about Should Video Footage Be Used To Decide Offsides, Goals etc.

It's beginnig to get cliched when games are shrouded in controversy because of ill decisions over penalties etc. COME ON FIFA!! GET IT SORTED!!!!!

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
FOR!! no doubts about it! Its about time FIFA got off there fat french arses (sepp blatter) and made some techology that proved offside or not. I mean they can make flying cars (in japan anyway) and they cant do that??
Italy were screwed and milan have been too, im sick of it!!

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
AGAINST!!!

it will destroy the game. what if an offside is the issue? so after a possible offsied the referee is going to stop the game and ask everyone not to move until we rewind the tape. and if it's not an offside they can play on?

IMO, the only way to prevent stupid referee mistakes (as much as possible) is to appoint only the top referees. there isn't any other practical solution.

Klelia22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
On Favor!!!!! hey! the 4th referee is already watching the tape... so, if there's an offline he can raise a flag or use some kind of signal and it would be used for anulling goals maybe, thay can let the play keep on moving instead of stoping and as the 4th guy knows for sure the can stop it or let it continue... I dont know exactly the best way to use it but that's for sure, technology has to help the game... is pretty difficult to notice 2 players at the same time and also the ball... the visual area of the linesman is not that wide some times... should we suffer because of that? I already did and I don't want it anymore! It has to help in some way... and that way the 4th referee would work a little more :D

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Man!! Of course I am FOOOORR this thing!! Football is becoming a joke after that stupid WC!! How many teams suffered just because of some wicked referees!!!!!!!!!!
I suggest that the fourth referee (Who sits out of the pitch) could sit in front of a TV and rewind to see if there's a penalty for examlpe ..
But in the offside case, the stupid lines men should not interfere IMO nor the pitch referee, but they let the whole thing go on!! If the player wasted the chance then it's over, but if he scores and it's doubtful to be an offside the fourth referee rewinds the chance and sees if it's a goal or not!!
At least people won't go out from such important tournaments as the WC and the CL for such stupid reasons!!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Partially For. In terms of instant replay - NO. Soccer is a continious sport and should be kept so. Stopping the game for an instant re-play would suck. If your going to do that why not just stop the game and take commericals breaks as well?

Officials mistakes are part of the game and scharatz is right, even after Italy was robbed of 5 goals in the cup, I am still against it. FIFA needs to do a better job of picking officials. They need to stop trying to pick refs. from all member countries, and just pick from the best refs the game has to offer.

The only thing I would be in favor of is electronic offside calling. It isn't that hard. Small chips in the jersey' s shoulders, waistbands, and shoes of the players, plus a chip in the ball and sensors along the sidelines would be able to instantly call an offsides and a red light would go off signoling play stoppage. They have already invented the technology. I read an article on it and they said that they have already started using it in some very small leagues to try it out. If i can find the article i will try to post it here.

Trust me from someone that grew up watch baseball and american football. Stopping the clock during sporting event sucks. All it leads to is commercials, which soccer doesn't need. If you start stopping play to review plays you are going to ruin the sport.

Reaction score
The_gambit said:
Just would like to start the debate about Should Video Footage Be Used To Decide Offsides, Goals etc...!
Forget about that...they never going to do do that...A question of time.Saudacoes Tricolores
escudos.gif

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh come on people... if they were to introduce video footage then Juve would stand no chance against us in the Scudetto chase. Give 'em a break! :D

Schedule