Milan Snap Up Davids?

Would davids fit into Ancelotti's Wonder Boys?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
walid said:
Milan did well to sign him because he is better than Gattuso.
Gattuso lose a lot of balls in midfield,that's why Trapatoni prefer Perotta!

jajaja are you crazy??? gattuso is one of the most valuable players in milan... he is our hearth like maldini is our legs, like pirlo our brain, like kaka our hands and sheva our mouth... :devil2:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Gattuso is a young player that is growing season by season. His distribution used to be terrible but he's getting better season by season and he's a starter no question, but if we are going to bring in a midfielder for the squad why would we bring in a youngster? He's not going to play that much to develop sufficently (eg. Donati, Dalla Bona) and when he does come in he's not going to replace Gattuso sufficently and how much is this younger player going to cost?

Davids is free, left footed, versatile to play alongside and instead of any midfielder we have, Gattuso will be better for the competition and not be threatened long term knowing Davids is over 30 (Ambrosini can only hope for injury to Pirlo and Gattuso to get a game, they're certainly not going to retire anytime soon) and if people are worried about Davids causing trouble, there are plenty of games next year (CL, Coppa Italia, an extended Serie A) and as I said above he can come in for Pirlo, Seedorf, Pirlo or Kaka (4-4-2). Plenty of chances and we haven't even talked about injuries yet.

Our slip up in this year's CL and those draws that gave Roma hope in the last month were down to fatigue and Ancelotti, when it came down to it, not really having the confidence in Redondo, Brocchi, Serginho etc to play them when we needed our first teamers to rest. That cannot be disputed.

We have a very young midfield. There is no problem adding a class act who is free, versatile and over 30. Who is STILL playing exceptionally.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure but Davids maybe can do better in midfield than Gattuso, technically Davids is better than Rino, his passes etc.
and Trap is so stupid to play with Perotta and Inters Christiano Zanetti, what the hell??? Italian Soccer has more to offer than those guys, like Totti he should play as playmaker behind 2 strikers, also rather i prefer Pirlo instead of Perotta or Zanetti...
First time when Milan signed Davids from Ajax back in 1996, it was a mistake but why did Milan sold him to arch enemies and rivals Juventus Turin, the management thought Davids would be a flop in Serie A, it came other way and Davids helped Juve to win almost everything....
for now Davids can help a lot to Milans midfield, like someone said b4, Barca has a unbeatable run now in la liga, and Edgar Davids arrival has to do with that too!!!
That would make a good solid squad rotation for sure, players like Brocchi, Serginho maybe will get no playing time no more, thats better for Milan, cause Brocchi isnt bad but maybe can say the weakest part in the team
GO EDGAR DAVIDS PART 2 GO :devil2:
FORZA MILANISTIS

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
Apsoloutly W DON"T NEED DAVIDS> we got GATTUSO :devil:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I read today in sportnewspapper here that davids-milan deal is done.. :conf: We really dont need him.. !

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
mtfco said:
mad4milan said:
A rumour site says that he's coming while other ones say that he's staying with Barça. Interesting...

£2.3m's kinda of expensive for a water boy. But I seriously doubt that Davids would accept being one...
exactly, i doubt he would accept any rotation... he was always a first teamer ...

No, he won't. He didn't leave for Barcelona because Juve refused to extend his contract as someone here claimed, he was made to leave because Juve had enough of the antics he used 1) to blackmail Juve to get that guaranteed starter position Lippi had been hesitant to grant him 'automatically' this season + 2) to retaliate when it became clear Juve remained rather unimpressed. The alleged refusal to prolong his contract was not reason but consequence of Davids' antics.

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
We have similar players playing the position very well. So we don't need him.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
No, he won't. He didn't leave for Barcelona because Juve refused to extend his contract as someone here claimed, he was made to leave because Juve had enough of the antics he used 1) to blackmail Juve to get that guaranteed starter position Lippi had been hesitant to grant him 'automatically' this season + 2) to retaliate when it became clear Juve remained rather unimpressed. The alleged refusal to prolong his contract was not reason but consequence of Davids' antics.

I'm sorry but that is nonsense. Juve, like the present Trez situation, had been trying to get Davids to sign a contract to which Davids had refused (allegedly having signed a pre-contract with Roma at the time) Juve had rejected summer offers from Chelsea (to which they bought Makelele) Davids was unwilling to sign with Juve which meant he was dropped in pre-season. Juve realized that he had to be bought THIS season to get some kind of fee for Davids (like Lazio and Stankovic) and dropping him would mean Davids would have to agree to any club that offered Juve money (even talk of Dundee for a time). By January it seemed Juve broke and let him got to Barca on loan, possibly related to a Saviola deal this summer, but also the embarrassment and scrutiny of Lippi when people saw Appiah falling over himself in midfield, Juve's defence being constantly breached and Davids warming up on the sidelines and never being brought on.

Davids was a contract rebel and he was punished for it (well not really Juve have been the losers, Davids has still got the pick of where he can go this summer and his performances for Barca have still shown him to be one of the best) Certainly the season that Davids had last year when Juve won the scudetto and the season before, he wasn't the one being edged out for football reasons and not someone who you would "rotate" with. He was a main player. Otherwise 16 million from Chelsea would have seen him gone in the summer. You don't refuse that amount for a player you're going to half use.

So your two reasons are remarkably speculative, vague and wrong.

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Shevchenko, Kaka', Pirlo, Smith, Maldini, and many others
do we really need davids :conf: , he once's Milan player before moves to Juve, and not very usefull when his in Milan :head: . what Milan need are young player who can replaced Gattuso /Pirlo when their injured or suspended. ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
savicevic10 said:
So your two reasons are remarkably speculative, vague and wrong.

I don't think so.... *I* base my judgment on Italian sources rather than the Vegas Midnight Star :o

As for Trez' situation, well, it was him who has been pushing for a new + improved contract for at least 2 years now while Juve are in no hurry to comply. They don't really appreciate players who try to *dictate* their contract terms + conditions a bit too shamelessly + are prepared to let them go....... Quite the opposite of what you claim.

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
As for Trez' situation, well, it was him who has been pushing for a new + improved contract for at least 2 years now while Juve are in no hurry to comply. They don't really appreciate players who try to *dictate* their contract terms + conditions a bit too shamelessly + are prepared to let them go....... Quite the opposite of what you claim.

I don't see any fault in asking for a better contract by a player. :head:
If a player has improved, and his performance does not mirror his pay, then it is quite normal he should ask for a better deal.

If the club cannot afford him, or think he is not good enough, then another club could agree to his terms and give him the status he deserves. That was the case with Makelele and Real.

This time passion, you have to be realistic, in proving your point. Trez is merely asking for better pay, and not *dictating*

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
I don't think so.... *I* base my judgment on Italian sources rather than the Vegas Midnight Star :o

I wouldn't discredit the Italian media like that. Your "judgement" about Davids was wildly vague using words like "blackmail" and phrases like "sick of his antics" which unless you were actually there sounds the talk of someone just spouting off what they think of the player and not what they know about the situation. Read my post again. Explain to me the Chelsea thing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/3056663.stm

You have lost your touch these last few weeks. You can't seem to put a foot right.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Im back, and guess who's fighting again..? :tongue:

If we manage to get Davids, I'd be more then happy, bcoz he's a big international star and he's still a very good player, like he proves for Barca now adays..

Snatch Edgar infront of that crazy old-man Sensi's nose! ;)

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Velez Mostar said:
Im back, and guess who's fighting again..? :tongue:

One day, we'll marry.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
abubasky said:
If a player has improved, and his performance does not mirror his pay, then it is quite normal he should ask for a better deal.

If the club cannot afford him, or think he is not good enough, then another club could agree to his terms and give him the status he deserves. That was the case with Makelele and Real.

This time passion, you have to be realistic, in proving your point. Trez is merely asking for better pay, and not *dictating*

You really make a sport out of misunderstanding my posts, huh ? ;)

Did I pass judgment on Trez wanting a better contract ? No, I didn't. Like Trez himself I feel that he is underpaid. Yet apparently Juve not only don't share our feeling but also take the stance that contract terms are decided by the club + not the player. And since it's also them terminating or amending/extending a contract + not me or you or Trez, our feelings are totally irrelevant for that matter. That's why the coldhearted, unempathic me simply left them out of the discussion. :shrug: :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
savicevic10 said:
Your "judgement" about Davids was wildly vague using words like "blackmail"and phrases like "sick of his antics" which unless you were actually there sounds the talk of someone just spouting off what they think of the player and not what they know about the situation.

Sorry to burst your bubble... but that's exactly what happened. We talk about a guy with a big ego... making demands... refusing to accept club decisions... playing a lil power game... Or what, according to you, is calling in sick/injured + going to Suriname without leave ? Or refusing to sit on the bench + spend a party weekend in London instead ? So yea, it took only a couple of months for him to fall from grace + I bet he knew exactly what he was doing... Btw, back then I just followed the story for its entertainment value + to practice Italian, in retrospect I'm glad I did... :D

But now what were Juve supposed to do ? Kiss up to him ? No, not Juve...

savicevic10 said:
You have lost your touch these last few weeks. You can't seem to put a foot right.

You're really obsessing with Sheva... to the point that you're projecting. That's not healthy.

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
abubasky said:

You really make a sport out of misunderstanding my posts, huh ? ;)

Did I pass judgment on Trez wanting a better contract ? No, I didn't. Like Trez himself I feel that he is underpaid. Yet apparently Juve not only don't share our feeling but also take the stance that contract terms are decided by the club + not the player. And since it's also them terminating or amending/extending a contract + not me or you or Trez, our feelings are totally irrelevant for that matter. That's why the coldhearted, unempathic me simply left them out of the discussion. :shrug: :D

Wow. I didn't realise the Trezeguet contract situation was that bad. I was actually under the impression that both sides have been negotiating. :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently there have been talks on + off. Apparently very unsuccessful ones. From a Trez angle. I didn't claim the opposite. And apparently the prospect of losing him doesn't seem to bother Juve that much.

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Apparently there have been talks on + off. Apparently very unsuccessful ones. From a Trez angle. I didn't claim the opposite. And apparently the prospect of losing him doesn't seem to bother Juve that much.

So why does Moggi say this ...
---------------------------
April 1, 2004
TURIN, Italy (AFP) - French striker David Trezeguet will still be a Juventus player next season despite being courted by Barcelona, the Italian team's general manager Luciano Moggi insisted.

"I can't go inside his head but I know that he wants to stay at Juve, just as he has already told the press, and we want him to stay," Moggi told the ANSA news agency on Thursday.

Moggi was speaking just as one of the club's officials, the former Italian international Roberto Bettega, denied having made a trip to Barcelona to negotiate a transfer for the 26-year-old.

Trezeguet is under contract with Juve until June 2005 and has been offered an extension to keep him in Turin until 2008.

"We can conclude negotiations in less than a month," said Moggi. "I don't think there will be any major problems."
------------------------

Of course since then, it has been reported (read rumoured) that Juve has received additional offers for Trezeguet which they are evaluating. But this would all be part of a normal process which continues, as usual.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yea sure... that's the usual procedure, you're not telling me anything new. Now let's wait + see if they will meet 'halfways' (read: Trez agrees to what Juve suggests) or not. I don't think Juve will be the ones making the big concessions just to secure his service beyond 2005. And that was my point from the beginning. Hope I finally got it across.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Velez Mostar said:
Nah, Stop it! Nothing is official yet! :tongue: ;) :D

Then stop the blatant flirting ;) Btw, you're really such a perfect match... name + attitude-wise :D

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Then stop the blatant flirting ;) Btw, you're really such a perfect match... name + attitude-wise :D
:D :D Nice one ..

I wonder whom we should match with passion :D

SORRY OT. ;)

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
I don't think Juve will be the ones making the big concessions just to secure his service beyond 2005..

Wow! So there is a big gap in the current bid - offer? Why do you feel Juve will not make concessions?

Sorry for going OT again. :)

Schedule