Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
The post-Suso table

6jPXjTr.png

This omits the 4 Coppa games.
2 wins
2 draws(both against Juve, finishing both games with 10 men, only conceding a PK)

Suso-less Milan to win Scudetto next seaason? :O

jk maybe we get CL if we're lucky, will be tough since Atalanta also now gunning for top 4 as a contender (with Juve, Lazio, Inter, Roma, Napoli and us of course).

But maybe a few of those teams i.e Lazio and Roma just have shit seasons and for once we won't.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
this
'milan since round X is top team'
remind me inter during winter break talking about scudetto

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this
'milan since round X is top team'
remind me inter during winter break talking about scudetto

Inter fans know by now that they'll always collapse in the 2nd season half.

As for Milan, I can only recall these sort of tables being frequently posted or referenced during Rino's spell. It was first used to point out that the team would make Top 4 if only the second half of 17/18 season would count. But the club also ended up 4th for the 2018 calender year, which showed it was more than just misleading trivia. They even managed to climb a spot to 3rd by March 2019, in the 18/19 season, before Rino had a fallout with Leo/upper management and some poor results followed that couldn't be made up for even with a strong finish.

Post-Suso Milan being 3rd doesn't mean that they'll make Top 3 next season as long as Suso doesn't return. However it show how much Milan has improved since Suso and the 3 mid systems were dropped and Piatek was replaced by another striker that also struggles to score without PKs but he at least has some useful qualities.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
funnily enough I think we could have done pretty well in Mirabellis season if we'd have not signed bonucci and Kalinic for 65 million. Those two ruined everything.

Biglia was an upgrade to montoleader/ bertomacci, roma+ musa is all right, kessie/hakan were ok-good most season...in fact even bonucci played decently in the second half....but kalinic was fucking awful.

I'd say we'd be fine if we 1) didnt get Bonucci, but who could have known? 2) Montella didn't chicken out and start a new 11 every fucking game and use a new formation after each draw. He needed balls, otherwise he has done well the previous season. The whole China revolution fucked him up.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
yes but next season:
- juve offensive will get rebuild because they have money and stable defensive (without current injuries) provides a lot
- inter with conte will have good run and even if they dont win anything they are more stable as a squad/tactic than majority of challengers
- napoli if solve their mess is top4 team easy (need better players for attack, is gatuso good enough for top4?)
- lazio/atalanta hard to predict but i doubt 2 teams will collapse - sure 2 games per week and injuries will happen but its hard to judge them now
- roma pretty same as we... good players here and there but needs a lot of and current coach is ... mystery ... will he success?? will he get proper players (not kluivert, cengiz like)??

and here is a milan, pretty much 6th squad without real depth, lacking quality in starting '11 especially in attack department. Good thing is with better players in attack (working harder, running, scoring more goals, better possession) our defense should be under less pressure than last years. Would anyone bet on top4 for milan next season??
for attack - really rebic can be a starter and other than that nobody looks like good enough, samu and leao as back ups (imagine next season a game in el vs villareal with leao-samu attack)?!, no cf, hakan each season is rather annoying and other players are not good enough.
and here is pioli who is trying to play with 2 of hakan, bona, paq each game even in 4231 formation, who pick up paq as a winger against napoli etc.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
funnily enough I think we could have done pretty well in Mirabellis season if we'd have not signed bonucci and Kalinic for 65 million. Those two ruined everything.

Biglia was an upgrade to montoleader/ bertomacci, roma+ musa is all right, kessie/hakan were ok-good most season...in fact even bonucci played decently in the second half....but kalinic was fucking awful.

Midtablotella + Zuzo effect destoyed us.

Shitty choices for fullbacks - RR, Conti.
Shitty choices on regista and winger - Biglia, Borini.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

bonucci looked like the best signing before we discovered he was a fraud. him, silva, kalinic ruined our season. i'm little less mad at silva now that we got rebic in exchange.

biglia is clearly a downgrade to montolivo. most of the new signings sucked in the first half. bonucci, biglia, rr, hakan became a lot better after gattuso took over.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
yes but next season:
- juve offensive will get rebuild because they have money and stable defensive (without current injuries) provides a lot
- inter with conte will have good run and even if they dont win anything they are more stable as a squad/tactic than majority of challengers
- napoli if solve their mess is top4 team easy (need better players for attack, is gatuso good enough for top4?)
- lazio/atalanta hard to predict but i doubt 2 teams will collapse - sure 2 games per week and injuries will happen but its hard to judge them now
- roma pretty same as we... good players here and there but needs a lot of and current coach is ... mystery ... will he success?? will he get proper players (not kluivert, cengiz like)??

and here is a milan, pretty much 6th squad without real depth, lacking quality in starting '11 especially in attack department. Good thing is with better players in attack (working harder, running, scoring more goals, better possession) our defense should be under less pressure than last years. Would anyone bet on top4 for milan next season??
for attack - really rebic can be a starter and other than that nobody looks like good enough, samu and leao as back ups (imagine next season a game in el vs villareal with leao-samu attack)?!, no cf, hakan each season is rather annoying and other players are not good enough.
and here is pioli who is trying to play with 2 of hakan, bona, paq each game even in 4231 formation, who pick up paq as a winger against napoli etc.

i believe we have squad good enough to fight it out till the end if not guarantee qualification. all of the teams are on similar level bar juve and maybe napoli but both are on decline. we have decent backups compared to our rivals except for maybe inter. so, five subs will definitely help us more than the others. i don't think atalanta will be able to keep this momentum going for too long.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
yes but next season:

Why are you posting like we wont sign anybody for next season?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i believe we have squad good enough to fight it out till the end if not guarantee qualification. all of the teams are on similar level bar juve and maybe napoli but both are on decline. we have decent backups compared to our rivals except for maybe inter. so, five subs will definitely help us more than the others. i don't think atalanta will be able to keep this momentum going for too long.

I think this is the third year in a row I read those kind of statements. Guys, I wouldn't be surprised if Atalanta was challenging Juve for the scudetto next season. For real. Heck, maybe even this year if Juve doesn't pull herself together.

Atalanta by now is a serious force in Serie A. Not thanks to individual talents that come and go but thanks to Gasperinis system that makes even Ilicic look like a world class player. That's their strength. Even if they'd sell Papu and Zapata and Pasalic. That won't happen tho. They get enough money from CL to keep the core intact or replace them with decent new players.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I bet you would be happy if you were proven right.

However you've already been proven wrong.
Rebic is an open book and his skills and flaws and contributions and history are visible for everyone.
11 goals and 2 assists since January.
10 goals and 6 assists for Frankfurt last season.

He's very direct, always wants to get past his man and isn't afraid to try difficult moves that wins us games when it works and causes mass-facepalms when he messes up the trick. I'm glad he's confident enough to keep doing these tricks even after embarrassing moments like when he forgot the ball against SPAL. The risks are low compared to the reward.
We need these type of players in the final 3rd. Our attack is toothless without them, as the Hakan-Piatek-Suso trio showed.

A fraud? That would be someone like 45m Paqueta, but he seems to only be fooling you these days.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
He has a Juve face. Glad they already bought him.

naaah, bentancur has a juve face

cant deny the dude was terrorizing us that game.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Why are you posting like we wont sign anybody for next season?

for sure we will, same like all other teams
but currently our squad is worth 5-6th place and with many holes to fix so
it wont be easy to get to top4

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Atalanta by now is a serious force in Serie A. Not thanks to individual talents that come and go but thanks to Gasperinis system that makes even Ilicic look like a world class player. That's their strength. Even if they'd sell Papu and Zapata and Pasalic. That won't happen tho. They get enough money from CL to keep the core intact or replace them with decent new players.

This!
Its the system that is making these players be better than they are except ilicic and gomes.
Atalanta are here to stay as long as they have gasperini

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
for sure we will, same like all other teams
but currently our squad is worth 5-6th place and with many holes to fix so
it wont be easy to get to top4

It definitely won?t be easy, but this is our best team on paper since 2013. We have probably the best young players in serie a and we will only get better.
I am just worried about rangnicks start to the season, i hope we will have a good start.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
The post-Suso table

6jPXjTr.png

This omits the 4 Coppa games.
2 wins
2 draws(both against Juve, finishing both games with 10 men, only conceding a PK)

Wonder what the league table looks like since Zlatan has come to Milan

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Midtablotella + Zuzo effect destoyed us.

Shitty choices for fullbacks - RR, Conti.
Shitty choices on regista and winger - Biglia, Borini.

To think we were looking at Papu gomez before we signed Fabio fucking Borini :fp: :lol: