Croatia & Hungary Plan Joint Euro Bid

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Croatia & Hungary Plan Joint Euro Bid
11/28/2004 (Goal.com)

Croatia and Hungary are planning a bid to jointly host the European Football Championships in 2012, Croatia minister of Education and Sports Dragan Primorac revealed to journalists after contacts with Hungarian partners.
Minister Primorac announced that the two countries would give a final decision on becoming joint candidates for Euro 2012 on December 16th.

’’I’m convinced we would place a bid to organize the European championship together with Hungary’’, said Primorac.

He added that he expected to have a positive reaction from Croatian Prime Minister Ivo Sanader as well.

(THAT'D BE GREAT FOR CROATS ESPECIALLY!)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Euro hosted in Eastern Europe. I am in the minority however. :rolleyes:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hungary/Croatia ? Strange combination :tongue: Ex-Yugoslavia should re-unite + if only for the purpose of hosting the championship. But I'm afraid people are too messed up with their idiotic nationalism + hatred towards other ethnicities that this could be a realistic idea....

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Passion for *9* said:
Hungary/Croatia ? Strange combination :tongue: Ex-Yugoslavia should re-unite + if only for the purpose of hosting the championship. But I'm afraid people are too messed up with their idiotic nationalism + hatred towards other ethnicities that this could be a realistic idea....

I wish, but you're right, stupid people still opsess with nationalism, tsk-tsk.
Thinking that hatness is gonna bring you better future is totally dumb!
Well, who knows, maybe uefa will accept cro and hun just for a God sake : )

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Let's not forget that this is only 1 bid out of many more.
Even though I'd like to see Euro's in Croatia and Hungary, there just isn't enough good stadiums, hotels etc.
I am sure they will ba more lucrative bids that will be the winners.
If by any chance Croatia and Hungary do get to host this competition, then this area will become a war-zone about who will host the final.

Beware. ;)

milan03

Banned
Reaction score
good luck

i dont think it would be a good idea to have one in Eastern Europe.....to many bad and unfair fans

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Let's not forget that this is only 1 bid out of many more.
Even though I'd like to see Euro's in Croatia and Hungary, there just isn't enough good stadiums, hotels etc.
I am sure they will ba more lucrative bids that will be the winners.
If by any chance Croatia and Hungary do get to host this competition, then this area will become a war-zone about who will host the final.

Beware. ;)

That's why they are competing to host the tournament, 'cause if they're choosen, they will reconstruct many stadiums and that's how they'd make profit.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
I like the idea of Croatia and Hungary hosting the 2012 Euro Championship:)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope not. ;) Because I'd like for Romania and Hungary to host it in 2020. And if Hungary gets it in 2012, then they surely won't get it again in 8 years.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
David said:
I hope not. ;) Because I'd like for Romania and Hungary to host it in 2020. And if Hungary gets it in 2012, then they surely won't get it again in 8 years.

2020... WOW that's looking some time in future. I'll be nearly double my age. :D
Anyway, I think If Hungary and Croatia's bid is succesful it would bring more peace and unity to the Balkan area... If the tournament is hosted well. (let's not get carried away) :D

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
WOOHOO then i could definately persuade m parents to take for a hnother holiday their again....

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
~Biski Biskit~ said:
2020... WOW that's looking some time in future. I'll be nearly double my age. :D

Yeah, it's funny when you think of it this way :)

I would love to see the Baltic region getting along nicely, but I'd like to see the World Cup a bit closer to home - North America maybe.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pnut408 said:
Yeah, it's funny when you think of it this way :)

I would love to see the Baltic region getting along nicely, but I'd like to see the World Cup a bit closer to home - North America maybe.

I remember the 1994 WC, great atmosphere and organisation. I like the way Americans play and organise major tournaments and the way they play their football... or soccer. :D

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
~Biski Biskit~ said:
I remember the 1994 WC, great atmosphere and organisation. I like the way Americans play and organise major tournaments and the way they play their football... or soccer. :D

PLEASE DANIIJEL TELL ME YOU're JOKING ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!!?!!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
PLEASE DANIIJEL TELL ME YOU're JOKING ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!!?!!

Haha, nope. :) :D ;)
I have a thing for the American attitude, passion, bravery, mentality and character which I can recognise easily every time I watch their national team or their league. :)

Skippy

Beginner
Reaction score
Ex Yugoslavia should unite and place a bid to host Euro championships or World Cup, you see they already done it with Basketball, Ex YU will host world cup in basket balll or was it just a Euro Cup, however tahts not bad idea.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Skippy said:
Ex Yugoslavia should unite and place a bid to host Euro championships or World Cup, you see they already done it with Basketball, Ex YU will host world cup in basket balll or was it just a Euro Cup, however tahts not bad idea.

Are you sure they were awarded to host the basketball tournament? I heard stuff about it, but I didn't think It came to anything concrete.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Are you sure they were awarded to host the basketball tournament? I heard stuff about it, but I didn't think It came to anything concrete.

right

Reaction score
Fav. Players
nesta, maldini, pletikosa, nuno gomes, baros, nedved, vieri, totti,
i really hope Croatia+ Hungary will get Euro 2012. That would mean the stadium in my city would finally get renovated. And as for the hotels, we're working on that. Few days ago, a new 5 star hotel was opened here. That's a progress!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I read somkething in the Marca stating that France were giving heavy consideration to applying for the 2012 edition of this tournament. Last time Douce France hosted this tourney was in 84, so they may be due. Always good to point out that France never win major tournies unless they host them (Euro 84, WC 98)

Schedule