The Cricket Thread

Who's the player of the decade?

• Total voters

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
I'm always at a loss for words @ the infinity of human stupidity :rolleyes:

Couldn't have put it better ... infinite.

Thanks Radio ... will be keeping an eye on this thread.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Passion for *9* said:
I don't know the dude, the coach, but may he R.I.P. + my thoughts are with his family. But it doesn't prevent me from gloating, I'll also gloat when India go out (or sth)... (there goes the friendship, 'nerd :tongue: )

I read a mob in Paki burned effigies + threatened to set houses on fire + kill players + coach... I'm always at a loss for words @ the infinity of human stupidity :rolleyes:
Hmm good you cant see the scene down here its sick.
India vs Bermuda going on , ya dats write BERMUDA!!!

India 41-1 in 8.3 overs.
Fuck :mad:

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Passion for *9* said:
I don't know the dude, the coach, but may he R.I.P. + my thoughts are with his family.
You dont know anything about anything in cricket, dear. So just SFTU Troll :o

Passion for *9* said:
I read a mob in Paki burned effigies + threatened to set houses on fire + kill players + coach... I'm always at a loss for words @ the infinity of human stupidity :rolleyes:
Mind posting the source for that 'where I read' article? Woolmer and his family live in South Africa, and after the series and the match he was heading out to South Africa so there was no threat to his personal safety, IDIOT! I am more at loss for of words for the people who dont know jack about anything, who use sad moments like someone's death for furthering their racial hate using lies, unbased comments and infinite stupidity.

radioactivenerd said:
Celebration in Pakistani dismay?
We might yet become friends....
Ahan...
Passion for *9* said:
But it doesn't prevent me from gloating, I'll also gloat when India go out (or sth)... (there goes the friendship, 'nerd)
Oh no, fucking dumped. ROFLMAO! ;) Fate of a nerd... B)

ZD_Banana said:
Not a heart attack. Sorry im arguing but he probably killed him self.
The fact is that he is dead, suicide or whatever, but I will certianly like to blame the team for this death.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
With India stumbling + Pakistan already out, it's not been a particularly pleasing tournament for the South Asians. But nobody's talking about Sri Lanka + the threat we all know they are capable of. How have they played so far?

Sehwag seems to be playing well, but alas, against Bermuda. Let's hope this inning gives much needed confidence + is the beginning of things yet to come from him.

I'd like to have supported Zimbabwe but amidst all the controversy regarding team selection + the basic principles that their leaders use to run (more rip off) the country, I hope they're unsuccessful. Pitty since they look an entertaining bunch of youngsters who I'd probably eventually end up supporting should I have the privilege of watching the games. Still miss Fowler, Streak, etc.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
FUK FUK FUK
Utthappa out for almost nothing apparently by a diving catch by THIS GUY.
And some here think Ronaldo is fat....

----------------------------------------------
From Cricinfo:
OMG! what a catch by Dwayne Levorock! And what wild celebrations! Let nobody say anymore that a fat man can't jump! Uthappa has a nervous poke, away from the body, at a length-delivery outside off stump. It flew to the right of Leverock hurled himself - hard to visualise, I am not lying but that's what happened- to his right and plucked it single-handed
------------------------------------------------

Sehwag is scoring freely - it looks good for india so far.

and Orez, look at the bright side.
Atleast you can say you didnt lose to India in this world cup. The record stays at 4-0, surely better than the 5-0 possibility. ;)

(Lets keep this friendly shall we?)

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Friday Kasteni's (yes, that's his name :rolleyes: ) out for Zim. 2nd over and 'danger man' Sibanda is also out. Great! :head:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
madtherchot said:
Friday Kasteni's (yes, that's his name :rolleyes: ) out for Zim. 2nd over and 'danger man' Sibanda is also out. Great! :head:

What makes you a zimbabwe fan? Hv you lived there, or just developed a liking for their play over the years with the flower bros etc?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Home is neighboring Zambia.

At this rate, Zim may find themselves in the record books for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
India 169-1 , Sehwag 88 , Ganguly 46

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
radioactivenerd said:
and Orez, look at the bright side.
Atleast you can say you didnt lose to India in this world cup. The record stays at 4-0, surely better than the 5-0 possibility. ;)

(Lets keep this friendly shall we?)
LOL, sure, a team that can lose their opening game to Bangladesh in a WC :) Cricket statistics and history is the last thing I worry about, even less than making 'allies' on a forum :p

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
India 223-2 , Ganguly 78 , Dhoni 5 , in 33overs
Sehwag goes after his 100.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ZD_Banana said:
Hmm good you cant see the scene down here its sick.
Some mob teared Dhoni's (I think) house down.. or sth.. IIRC. So yea, the Indians are just as nutty as the Pakis :rolleyes: Someone tell them it's just a sport :o

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
i know shit abt cricket but i got tonz of pakistani friends who were all absolutly devastated in school today after their loss to Ireland so well i just wanted to say:

Rest In Peace Bob woolmer, i heard that they're blaming charsi(drugaddict) Akhtar for his death!:eek: and well i dont think it's even smart to say "get over it, it's just a sport" because they feel the same way abt cricket as we do abt football..how did we feel in istanbul? :rolleyes: well thats how they're feeling right now

and heres what a guy wrote in another forum, i think it really shows that you cant say get over it...because lately it's evne been rioting etc in italia, those ultras! so..yea

THE DAY AFTER

@Well... I need to get this out in some way or another.
You can call me a sensitive stupid ******, or you can support me. Do whatever you want I don't care. I just want to write this and get this out... I don't look at myself like the most unluckiest person in the world or something like that, but just need to write this...
I don't know if this is an article or a text, I don't know what this is...

I am a very emotional person, and since I started watching cricket in 2004 I started to fall in love... With this game... With PAKISTAN!
Cricket made me go crazy, had some fights with family about it, not big ones but some. Maybe it also took control of my studies. But I was really looking forward to The World Cup, and I had countdown for several years and I was SO HAPPY!
"WOW! We are such a great one day team and ofcourse we will win it " <---This got better when we got Asif. I was just so happy and was really looking foward to the WC. 365 days left, 2 months left, 1 week left... TOMORROW! Ordered several shirts and merchandises, I had praised Pakistan & cricket all over the school, even the majority is Norwegian and they are not much aware of cricket. Cricket also let the patriot in me come out, not an extremist but I stopped watching Bollywood movies and so on (which I am going to continue with).

When we lost a match there were supporters bashing the team, while others said it is ok. I was in the other group. I ALWAYS SUPPORTED THEM!!! No matter if they won or lost. Every single player!
I never doubted Inzamam captaincy. I never doubted anything (just Shahid Afridi sometimes), and I was sure that WC will prove everyone wrong!
But I was wrong...

15:30 Tuesday 13 March, match about to start I was having GYM with my class. I was angry, since I told my brother to record but he didn't do it ++ we had a fight and he rejected to put ARY DIGITAL at the projector with home cinema system downstairs. When I got in his car after school we went home he suprised me with kebab & stuff and the match was on downstairs at the big screen! I was so happy.
I watched the match... And we LOST!
Shoaib & Asif really broke my heart when they got banned, and I prayed so much and I was so happy when they came back. Now I don't know if it was the doping or injury that didn't let them play WC.

Anyway, we lost the match and my 2007 Shirt came in the post. I was ready for match on Saturday. More then a year me & my friends had been mocking The Irish team. "LOL IRELAND, who cannot beat them?"
I remember a few days before the match we were joking and stuff, but it was not in anyones mind that this would actually happen...

So yesterday after tennis my mate called and said ARY are showing PK match, I was so happy that I went to the store and spent a lot of money on candy & coke as rest of the family were in Sweden and shopping halal food (as 99% of all Pakistanis in Norway do once a month). I invited a Vietnamese mate because he is cool! =P
So we were sitting in the dark room, projector, Pakistan match. Me, a Pakistani friend and that Vietnamese guy.
HAHA! 0,1 overs 7-0! We are killing them!
HAFEEZ OUT! Okay... YK out... We were watching and couldn't beleive our eyes, but we knew that Big Inzi will not dissapoint his team! He got out...
Okay! We are building a partnership, that is good. I think if we get 160 we can defend it and learn something from this!
WHAT??? WHY DO YOU SHOOT IN THE AIR?
Another partnership, are you OUT OF YOUR MIND? IN THE AIR AGAIN?
The third one (SAMI) wen't the same way...
So 132 all out... COME ON COME ON COME ON IT IS STILL POSSIBLE we prayed...

Second innings started... SAMIII OUT!!!
WHAT? THAT WAS LBW!!!!!! SAMI OUT AGAIN!!!! WOOHOOO
Some decisions went against us, some went the opposite. You cannot blame that. A stupid partnership, they got the runs and we got some wickets. So it was like 4 down I think. We had given up all hope! I had give up all hope. I HAD ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR PAKISTAN, ALWAYS SUPPORTING THEM WHEN WE WERE WINNING CRAZY OR LOOSING LIKE n00bs!!! Always supporting them to the very last ball. HEY! WAS THAT A WICKET? Who cares...
I had already taken my shirt off and put some other shirt on, another wicket... And ANOTHER! (the delay really killed us thou, and I was really mad at the DL 5 run thingy, but I was hoping it would not affect the match). It was not a regular match, it was WC which we all had waited on for such a long time and WE HAD TO GO TROUGH!
So they were 7 down, and believe you me when that 7th wicket fell we got soooo happy I was running down the house and screaming took off my shirt, but the other shirt on and took the flag down from the wall and put some JAZBA JUNOON. Now we were praying and praying...

But the reality came closer... We lost against IRELAND
Out of the WC.
No more Inzi jokes, he was looking so devestated at the Ceremony.
My mate went home, I was really dishearted. Couldn't beleive what had happened. After so many years, my first WC. I was really pumped up. Hours before the match I even put on national anthem and was running like a maniack around the house and so on. It was over, 4 years wait. So much experimenting, all was gone!

I went to sleep, okay here comes the strange part.
I woke up a couple of hours later couldn't breath! Or I could breath ofcourse, but I hade some pain in me, it felt like something broke and I really had to get some fresh air I was sweating and stuff, don't know how I made it trough the night.

Waking up next morning was so awful... I had to realize what had happened, tried to slap myself but it wasn't a dream. We had lost against Ireland, we were out of the WC.
4 Years of support. Sacrifizing 4 years for them (3 actually started to watch in 2004). And so much aaaaaaah WHY DID THEY DO THIS?

This is WORLD CUP! No kismat/shismat. I had always supported and backed the team when people talked crap about them. But not now...
People can say whatever they want, I just don't care now!
I am going to focus on my studies and stop watching cricket for now...

I have been writing this for 10 minutes now, I want to write more.
But I think I should stop here, even I feel that I haven't gotten it all out. If you want please post from your view how you felt/are feeling.

For some this is just a WC Loss, but for me it is much much more!

Is it worth ending this thread with Pakistan Zindabad...?

:cry: :cry: :cry: what he says above is soo sad and definately reminds me of istanbul..we know this guy and he was sooo proud of pakistan and world cup! he even wanted to buy a green car and paint the pakistani flag on it!! :cry:

but may the best team win :tongue: :tongue:
i guess PK ki kismat mein kuch or likha ta :tongue:

Last edited:

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Some mob teared Dhoni's (I think) house down.. or sth.. IIRC. So yea, the Indians are just as nutty as the Pakis :rolleyes: Someone tell them it's just a sport :o
What do i care........
Ill just be that boy stuck in cricket riots next to my house eh.. :head:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ZD_Banana said:
What do i care........
Ill just be that boy stuck in cricket riots next to my house eh..
Really... mobs were gathering in your hood ? Have things calmed down ?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
I'd like to have supported Zimbabwe but amidst all the controversy regarding team selection + the basic principles that their leaders use to run (more rip off) the country, I hope they're unsuccessful. Pitty since they look an entertaining bunch of youngsters who I'd probably eventually end up supporting should I have the privilege of watching the games.
Bah. Politics, schmolitics :o Unless the 'entertaining young players' have been handpicked by Mugabe there's no reason to make a rational rather than emotional decision :D

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
**********NEWS FLASH****************
INDIA have just posted the HIGHEST ever score by ANY team in the history of the world cup.

India: 413/5
Sehwag: 114(87)
Ganguly: 89(114)
Yuvraj: 83(46) :eek:
Tendulkar: 57(29)

Killer game by India.

TIED RECORDS:
Most sixes in one inning (18) tied with South Africa

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
^^ Home is neighboring Zambia.

At this rate, Zim may find themselves in the record books for all the wrong reasons.

I thought u lived in romania....

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Match Stopped due to rain..Bermuda 9 for 1.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Bah. Politics, schmolitics :o Unless the 'entertaining young players' have been handpicked by Mugabe there's no reason to make a rational rather than emotional decision :D

No they weren't handpicked by Mugabe, although there was some speculation that not all squad players made it by merit. Reason is, this was a Zimbabwean side who was capable of playing a decent game with top teams, beating the likes of Australia, South Africa and even India with Tendulkar (pretty much a god of the bat) in his better years.

But that's not the whole picture because key top players of the side that (while not great) was capable of creating an upset boycotted due to Mugabe's 'land program' (or whatever its called). And you can't exactly blame them if their families were attacked by mobs + all their property seized. Regardless of them being of British origin, they were Zimbabweans, just like any other black Zimbabwean. And to think Mugabe postponed general elections even though I feel his eventual successor might not be much different since this racist mentality is being fed to the young generations.

Radio, I'm Zambian of Indian origin studying in Romania. So yeah, it was an emotional decision, but guess what ... I ended up supporting Zim anyway :D Williams (BBC's commentator called him a 'skinny boy' :rolleyes: ) hit 70 while Taylor hit 50 to give Zim a respectable total of 202. Ironically, they are both Zimbabweans of British origin.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Netherlands = MUNCHED :D

Up the Aussies. WOOT! Back to back! ;)

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Really... mobs were gathering in your hood ? Have things calmed down ?
Yeah , India won so they did......

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And Yes India win....run rate higher than Bangladesh.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
New Zealand and South Africa back to business. They seem to be free of error so far and will be interesting to see how they fair against tougher opposition. Pollock's been miserly according to BBC's commentators. Vettori ... wonder if he still wears glasses.

Damn ... Kiwis looking good.

Edit: Sad news ... I was hoping this wasn't the case, but Jamaican police officials termed Woolmer's death as suspicious :head:

Last edited:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Woolmer's death has knocked the wind out of everyone's sails. The guy was a great coach, will be remembered chiefly for the work he did with the wonderful South African team of the 90s. He was very forward thinking, and was probably the first high profile coach to realise the role modern technology could play in a team's preparation and South Africa benefited immensely from it.

It was actually quite a coup when Pakistan landed him in 2004, as people thought he was done with day to day coaching. His spell there was mixed, with controversy after controversy erupting even as the team started to resemble a unit with cohesion. But more often than not, it would all be back to square one after months of working. It can happen only in Pakistan cricket. I say this not as an accusation or because I am an Indian, but because that's the way Pakistan cricket has been throughout the years. The abundance of natural talent there is jaw dropping. Especially in the pace bowling department. They just seem to develop speed merchants and reverse swing aces in the snap of a finger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
India got off to the worst possible start, losing to Bangladesh of all teams. But I have to admit that the Bangladeshis looked 10 times as much driven and inspired than we were on that day. Beating Bermuda was always going to be a formality, but the manner in which we did it was indeed emphatic. Now we have to win the one against Sri Lanka. I'll say our chances are 55:45.

Go India!!!

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Italian Tsar said:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
India got off to the worst possible start, losing to Bangladesh of all teams. But I have to admit that the Bangladeshis looked 10 times as much driven and inspired than we were on that day. Beating Bermuda was always going to be a formality, but the manner in which we did it was indeed emphatic. Now we have to win the one against Sri Lanka. I'll say our chances are 55:45.

Go India!!!

Well looking at past records, we have quite a stellar record against Sri Lanka in neutral venues. The only time weve ever lost to them has been in Sharjah (which is hardly a neutral venue), and weve recorded MAJOR thumping wins over them in almost all of our other games. (check out StatsGuru on Cricinfo for details)

Of course SL arent chickens, but i think Bangladesh will find it hard to beat Bermuda by 258 runs. My prediction is we will beat SL, Bermuda will lose to Bangladesh, and it will come down to NRR. Where our huge game against Bermuda will help.

madtherchot said:
Edit: Sad news ... I was hoping this wasn't the case, but Jamaican police officials termed Woolmer's death as suspicious

Yup - I read reports that mentioned there being external stress marks around his neck, Indicating choking. All of this is unconfirmed for now though. Lets hope it doesnt urn out to be true, as this will be a major hit to the development of cricket. I really hope ICC takes action aaginst this the way FIFA does, by handing out bans to the Pak cricket team, but that will not happen.
There will be an investigation, and they might find the murderer and arrest him. Isnt going to make anything better.
I highly doubt any non-paki is going to take the coachs job for a LONG time. Pak will have to live with people like Miandad and Salim Malik as coach for atleast the next 4-6 years, as no outsider will want to coach there.

Last edited:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
radioactivenerd said:
Well looking at past records, we have quite a stellar record against Sri Lanka in neutral venues. The only time weve ever lost to them has been in Sharjah (which is hardly a neutral venue), and weve recorded MAJOR thumping wins over them in almost all of our other games. (check out StatsGuru on Cricinfo for details)

Of course SL arent chickens, but i think Bangladesh will find it hard to beat Bermuda by 258 runs. My prediction is we will beat SL, Bermuda will lose to Bangladesh, and it will come down to NRR. Where our huge game against Bermuda will help.
We sure know who's the Big Brother in this clash. We've always fancied our chances against them, but I am skeptical of this side's ability to raise its game when really needed. Agarkar should go out and Pathan should come in. Sri Lanka don't have many left handers, so I reckon we can stick with Kumble and keep Harbajan out. And Sachin should bowl more often. What variations he's got!

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is really depressing. Woolmer was one of the great coaches of his time, and i cant beleive stupid fanatics out there would do this. What the heck is wrong with people?!!?!?

Woolmer MUrder

Im sorry but this has completely killed a lot of the spirit of the world cup for me. How can one care about whether their team goes thru or not when something this bad happens?!!?

Im sorry for Woolmers family, and i REALLY hope whoever has done this is brought to justice.
I'm just disappointed, sad, angry, and perplexed at how animalistic and barbaric some 'humans' can be. Fuck.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This Bob Woolmer murder is the most shocking thing I've heard of. And from what I have been reading quite a few players were involved with the betting syndicates and the Jamaican police want the entire team to remain so they can question them.

BTW the odds of ireland beating pakistan was 125:1 so i guess by intentionally losing the game, some pakistani players and the gambling syndicate must have made a ton of money.

What an absolute disgrace for sport to sink to this level. ICC should be fired for ignoring this issue for so long.