The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Tonali has done nothing to be compared to Pirlo. It's worse than comparing Kessie with Seedorf.

not true, his long passes are very pirlo like and so is his hair :p unlike Pirlo he has also grinta qualities.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We create a lot. We have scored more than anyone else in the big 5 leagues. We need reinforcements at RB and RW the most, and backups to our starters, particularly in our midfield.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
If we really want to design a solid transfer strategy in the commode, we need the man witj two degrees from Swarthmore; the third best college in the US

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Injured Calabria is better than prime Aurier.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We need to add a weapon up front. Relying on a 40 year to lead our attack is a recipe for disaster.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
we used to have the most hyped RB in the whole country, Raoul Bellanouva

anyone heard about him? he's in madrid already?how about Milan take him back?

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
We need to add a weapon up front. Relying on a 40 year to lead our attack is a recipe for disaster.

this is where the Dilemma begin,

No good striker, i repeat, No on-form striker, would want to be a vice Ibra.
the best scenario would be hiring star player from 2nd division. i'd say SCAMACCA!

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kjaer give the team so much stability. I dont know why we should replace him. Looks like were going to buy a backup for Romagnoli and Alderete fits perfect. Hes a left footed CB too.

Romagnoli/Alderete - Kjaer/Gabbia ???

Last edited:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Can't really sign Thiago Silva with Kjaer playing so well, be unfair to drop the starting cb's. Suppose it's a good thing, but i'd love Silva back for a couple years.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Serge Aurier gives me feels of the Nicola Kalinic transfer...

we all know he's not good enough yet we try to talk ourself into settling for him because he's an upgrade over what we already have....

I'm not even sure he's that much of an upgrade tbh.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
This might sound silly, but considering his injuries lowering his price substantially, I would strongly look at Pietro Pellegri as our vice-Ibra.

He's still only 19, and it isn't uncommon for young players to have injury struggles as they grow into their body.

He's cited Zlatan as his idol on multiple occasions, for the low cost, I'd be willing to throw the dice.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
This might sound silly, but considering his injuries lowering his price substantially, I would strongly look at Pietro Pellegri as our vice-Ibra.

He's still only 19, and it isn't uncommon for young players to have injury struggles as they grow into their body.

He's cited Zlatan as his idol on multiple occasions, for the low cost, I'd be willing to throw the dice.

was thinking of him yesterday when someone posted on twiter the list of player from an agent who was a Casa Milan yesterdsay ... i'm sure it'll be someone like him or Scamacca who don't mind being on the bench for a year with the promise they are next in line if they work

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we are to go down free agent path I would like sarr, silva,Pedro. And if possible get Javi Martinez for cheap for Bayern. All three world cup winners who have played in successful teams. If we want a DNA transplant then that is what we need.

Pedro is supposed to be signing with Roma.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
was thinking of him yesterday when someone posted on twiter the list of player from an agent who was a Casa Milan yesterdsay ... i'm sure it'll be someone like him or Scamacca who don't mind being on the bench for a year with the promise they are next in line if they work

Yeah, that is what sparked the thought for me too. If you're a young player with talent, backing up a 38 year old seems like a solid risk/reward move, and I still believe in Pellegri's talent if he can stay healthy

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

we all know he's not good enough yet we try to talk ourself into settling for him because he's an upgrade over what we already have....

Not sure why we're wasting budget on Aurier. Upgrade in some levels to Calabria but not sure he's enough of an upgrade to justify a transfer. Oh well seems like its happening so best of luck serge.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fifa reveled 2nd & 3rd milan kits.

9db722fcd73dfe0248190a446a651367.jpg

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

My sentiments exactly if he's not an upgrade why bother just work with Conti and Calabria on improving their defensive ability. If a vastly superior RB is available at a reasonable amount yes otherwise work with what we have. Use that money towards a quality player to rotate with Ibra
Pietro Pellegri would be an excellent option.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our socks are different than this, and our Emirates logo is different.

I wouldn't mind that white away kit, though.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
not true, his long passes are very pirlo like and so is his hair :p unlike Pirlo he has also grinta qualities.

His long passes are average at best, he misplaces many of them. His nothing like Pirlo, doesn?t have that tight ball control either. Verratti is the closest thing to Pirlo.

Perhaps I?m blind. But Tonali has to be most overrated player ever. He seems overrated by people who didn?t watch Brescia. His got great set pieces though. Maybe he will be great in future. Who knows, but Verratti looked more special at this point in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule