Week 26: Sassuolo - AC Milan - Sunday 26/02/2017 - 15:00 CET

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lol, I'm not a footballing mastermind, I'm saying something very different than any tactical comment.

I'll be more blunt: if Suso wasn't from Spain, people would have called him a one-trick pony months ago.

People have been saying he's one dimensional since the beginning of the season.

Why is that important?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I barely expected a draw this round, but we won so that's good news.

Sadly both Atalanta and Lazio won as well this round, bu we are keeping up with our main EL competitors, so that's a good sign.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
The only thing I'm curious about is: when are people going to start calling Suso a "one-trick pony"?

I like him, but it's getting annoying. He's the very definition of a one-tricky pony, but that title one seems to be reserved for players from certain parts of the world.
Suso gets a pass because he's so good at executing that one trick, and keeps beating defenders. Even today he beat his man and had a clear shot on goal on two occasions, too bad his shots weren't good enough.

Plus he keeps putting in dangerous balls into the box, has excellent close control, and is good at picking a pass. Compare that to someone like El Shaarawy who doesn't do much except for trying to beat his man and take a shot.

Having said that, I agree that he should look to cross with his right foot more often, just to keep the defenders guessing. He has showed in the past that he can do that.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again, I like Suso.

Today's match though, just seems to overwhelmingly underline that he loves one move. I think he can pass, I like his workrate (I think he's exhausted as he's always played and never given a rest), but again... If he wasn't from Spain, people would be shitting on him more.

Look at comparisons between him and Salah, for example. Salah is better than him in literally every way. People call Salah a one-trick pony, but Suso?

Would you rather have Salah or Suso? I'd like to buy Salah, honestly.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Again, I like Suso.

Today's match though, just seems to overwhelmingly underline that he loves one move. I think he can pass, I like his workrate (I think he's exhausted as he's always played and never given a rest), but again... If he wasn't from Spain, people would be shitting on him more.

Look at comparisons between him and Salah, for example. Salah is better than him in literally every way. People call Salah a one-trick pony, but Suso?

susu is skillful, but he is lacking physical strength and speed, both are very important for a winger, he is more suited behind the striker or in the midfield(when he has defensive players that can cover him), however considering that he hardly have any support at his flank(kucka :fp:) and Abate(not the same player he used to be) he is doing great job this year.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again, I like Suso.

So you want us to shit on Suso more? Mkay...

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Suso gets a pass because he's so good at executing that one trick, and keeps beating defenders. Even today he beat his man and had a clear shot on goal on two occasions, too bad his shots weren't good enough.

Plus he keeps putting in dangerous balls into the box, has excellent close control, and is good at picking a pass. Compare that to someone like El Shaarawy who doesn't do much except for trying to beat his man and take a shot.

Having said that, I agree that he should look to cross with his right foot more often, just to keep the defenders guessing. He has showed in the past that he can do that.

Or try and shoot from his right, but excellent analysis

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Again, I like Suso.

Salah and Suso are nothing a like.

Salah has exceptional pace and acceleration and imo fits more the mole of GD than Suso. Suso is like a one dimensional David Silva. Exception ball control skills and vision and passing.

Apples to oranges. Just because they play the same position, RW, doesn't mean theyre the same player.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Yes what a great win, fuck you sassuolo. Always its a great feeling to win over this crap team

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My point is being missed, don't worry, and I'm not being as clear, so excuse me.

Suso needs to rest. I also think he needs to use his right more, if anything, so it would give defenders something to think about, as they seem to try to box him in and dare him to use his right more often.

Sosa looks like less and less of a waste of money as the season is progressing, no?

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score

16864117_10154225697651937_6712896701301216981_n.jpg

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
LOL at that 18 banner ======> no to montolivo :lol:

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
on a mini run now, how important was our 9 man win vs bologna? that started it off

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
a much needed win!
we stay close to the group above us (atalanta, Lazio, inter) and if fiorentina lose points tonight would be even better to leave a little more behind.
next game at san siro against chievo is also a must-win game.
we should keep up on this momentum we build the last few games and hopefully a win with a better performance.
but just a warning! we shouldn't believe that the season is over and take for granted that we qualified for Europa league yet.
I said before the win to bologna that there are a lot of games to be played and that we could end up accomplish our objective for the season so the same applies now.
there are still 12 games to be played which is a lot and nothing must be taken for granted yet. remember last season in a similar time of the year most of the people were thinking that milan is back to Europe. but somehow we managed to commit suicide and left ourselves outside of Europe.
we shouldn't and we mustn't allow the same thing to happen this year.
FORZA MILAN!

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Fear not the man who has practised a thousand kicks one time. Fear the man who has practised one kick a thousand times.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
a much needed win!
we stay close to the group above us (atalanta, Lazio, inter) and if fiorentina lose points tonight would be even better to leave a little more behind.
next game at san siro against chievo is also a must-win game.
we should keep up on this momentum we build the last few games and hopefully a win with a better performance.
but just a warning! we shouldn't believe that the season is over and take for granted that we qualified for Europa league yet.
I said before the win to bologna that there are a lot of games to be played and that we could end up accomplish our objective for the season so the same applies now.
there are still 12 games to be played which is a lot and nothing must be taken for granted yet. remember last season in a similar time of the year most of the people were thinking that milan is back to Europe. but somehow we managed to commit suicide and left ourselves outside of Europe.
we shouldn't and we mustn't allow the same thing to happen this year.
FORZA MILAN!

Europa league is not really something we should look for as much, there isn't much money or glory playing in europa league, the down side for it is that we will be less rested and this will affect your CL chances for next year.

i only care about our standing if we reached the CL football(which is very unlikely) or if we surpass man united in the standing, as i make a bet with my friend over a large steak depends who finish above(milan or Man united) other than that i only care about next season when the real transfer begins.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Europa league is not really something we should look for as much, there isn't much money or glory playing in europa league, the down side for it is that we will be less rested and this will affect your CL chances for next year.

i only care about our standing if we reached the CL football(which is very unlikely) or if we surpass man united in the standing, as i make a bet with my friend over a large steak depends who finish above(milan or Man united) other than that i only care about next season when the real transfer begins.

EL gives us a chance to blood youngsters and another route to enter CL

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Tbh for me it definitely matters if we end up 4th or 11th.

EL is not comparable to CL but should not be snobed neither. Winning EL can give you visuability too. Teams like Sevilla or Monaco or Sporting Lisabon wouldn't be in anyones minds if they wouldn't do well regularly in EL. Don't forget where we came from, we probably won't sky rocket ourself back into Europes Elite, it will more probably be a step by step thing and yes, EL can be one important step in our developement.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sassuolo, Duncan, Berardi, Matri, Acerbi, Pellegrini, Consigli and especially that weirdo Di Francesco can all fuck off

Edit: Maybe not Acerbi :lol:

Surprising how Acerbi struggled so much with pace when he played with us. Maybe because of his illness.

Pelligrini had some good dribbles but was a cunt.

Duncan and Politano though, wouldn't be bad pick ups

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

no we cannot afford another season without Europe.
so since we cannot qualify for champions league then we should qualify for Europa league and this is a non-negotiable objective for us.
anyway the objective from the start of the season is the return the Europe so if we qualify for Europa league we will complete our objective for the season.
maybe Europa league is not as glorious as champions league but we need to improve year after year to reach the top.
this is not playstation football. you cannot expect that for 3-4 years you finish at the middle of the table and then suddenly you will compete for the scudetto or champions league.
this is also taken into account that we are building a team with a lot of youngsters. so these players first they need to learn how to become champions, how to compete in multiple competitions and how to win titles.
its not like we will aim for the Europa league every year. but this year, yes Europa league is the target and must be achieved

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Surely Milan will quality for at least EL this year? I can't stand another year without European football. It's quite annoying to see the team above us not dropping point, disgusting consistency rofl

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Surely Milan will quality for at least EL this year? I can't stand another year without European football. It's quite annoying to see the team above us not dropping point, disgusting consistency rofl

Like Atalanta wining against Napoli ffs.